Home

Madden 20 Coach Mode and CPU vs. CPU Mod

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Coach Mode and CPU vs. CPU Mod within the Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2019, 12:58 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Coach Mode and CPU vs. CPU Mod

Can I use this mod while using Sabo's? Or should I just use this mod, until SABO incorporates this into the next patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2019, 02:03 PM   #82
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarble
Can I use this mod while using Sabo's? Or should I just use this mod, until SABO incorporates this into the next patch?
Using the two mods at the same time will cause issues since they have different edits for the same settings.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:40 PM   #83
Rookie

Watched a few more games, definitely noticing a lot of play action sacks. CPU still throws a bit too much, especially when it has the lead in the 2nd half. Still enjoying the mod a lot however, cant wait for future updates!
Old 10-31-2019, 07:43 PM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria416
Watched a few more games, definitely noticing a lot of play action sacks. CPU still throws a bit too much, especially when it has the lead in the 2nd half. Still enjoying the mod a lot however, cant wait for future updates!
I'm curious, are you playing with the superstar abilities on or off? From my experience with the mod, if they are on, you're definitely going to see a high number of sacks. With the abilities turned off I have seen that sometimes certain play action plays do develop slowly and seem to end in sacks more often but overall having gotten up to week 12 of slow simming every single game, I've seen a number of sacks that I believe are fairly consistent with NFL averages.

I could be completely mistaken but I'm not really sure any mod can fix the ratio of runs/passes. I've seen numbers for the coachs' aggressiveness and things like that in the save file when using the franchise editor so that might be something you could look at if you were interested. For myself, I've seen games with varying rushing attempts. They may be a little lower overall than average but I don't find it enough to worry about yet.

Just my two cents. I hope you have fun with the mod!
Old 11-01-2019, 07:19 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 6

Could this be used as a gameplay mod for user controlled vs CPU? I tried Sabo’s and it just never felt right. Wanted to give another mod a try. Is this only geared towards coach mode or would it work if one team is user controlled?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2019, 09:29 PM   #86
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter
Could this be used as a gameplay mod for user controlled vs CPU? I tried Sabo’s and it just never felt right. Wanted to give another mod a try. Is this only geared towards coach mode or would it work if one team is user controlled?

I imagine it would work well enough for user v CPU but I've honestly never played that way with the mod so I have no idea. If anything it might be too easy. Pursuit angles were adjusted and a lot of passing settings were changed that might make it too easy for user passing for it to be a challenge. The CPU moves pretty methodically and predictable and I'm not sure how some of the other settings being changed would work once you throw in a more random element with the user control. I could see the CPU defenders doing weird stuff when in pursuit of a user controlled ballcarrier.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:27 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeye
I imagine it would work well enough for user v CPU but I've honestly never played that way with the mod so I have no idea. If anything it might be too easy. Pursuit angles were adjusted and a lot of passing settings were changed that might make it too easy for user passing for it to be a challenge. The CPU moves pretty methodically and predictable and I'm not sure how some of the other settings being changed would work once you throw in a more random element with the user control. I could see the CPU defenders doing weird stuff when in pursuit of a user controlled ballcarrier.

I’m only 2 games in playing USER vs CPU, but I’m very impressed. Finally All-Madden doesn’t feel like I’m being cheated. I lost both games as the higher rated team, but both were close games.

Old 11-19-2019, 09:15 PM   #88
Rookie

Hi Landeye,

Like you, I've been a watch sim player since Head Coach came out in 06 and have been trying to replicate that experience in Madden ever since...unsuccessfully of course.

I just found "mods" a few weeks ago and have been giving it a shot with satisfactory success so far. Close enough to at least keep trying anyway. I've been using Sabo's mod and have enjoyed the game very much so far but found your mod last night and have been trying that since you specifically mod toward slow sim watch mode.

Only played two games so far in my CFM (year 6) using your mod so no comments yet. I just wanted to know if you were on the mod discord channel and if you've been (or planning) on watching Sabo's mods to see if changes to yours are applicable. For instance, his last mod 1.4 has really cranked up the punting game. I LOVE seeing coffin corner punts now which I hadn't seen in my previous 5 years. Do you plan on adding things like that to keep your mod basically a slow sim Sabo version?

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods »