Home

MICHAPOPS gameplay mod with sliders and settings

This is a discussion on MICHAPOPS gameplay mod with sliders and settings within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2018, 04:11 PM   #65
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MICHAPOPS gameplay mod with sliders and settings

coming to a very good understanding of most of the settings. This game is tricky. Getting some of the best games Ive ever played against the cpu. That's saying something against all madden with default skill sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2018, 04:33 PM   #66
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Jumping into the PC Madden world and excited to try this!
Old 11-02-2018, 11:15 AM   #67
Pro

michapop9's Arena

updated OP with 2nd version that's more balanced between offense and defense than the first. The first version tends to be more of a shootout between the user and cpu.

Continuing to work on both the user and cpu running games. I know what I want to adjust, it was just causing the game to freeze and crash but I think I know what the culprit is.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 4

You seem to be the guys who's brain to pick on this... I'm on PS4 btw

Through your extensive research of the way the game is set up, what can I do on the console that would trigger more inaccurate QB throws by the cpu?

NFL average is usually 2-6 poor throws a game, 1-2 drops and 1-4 pass deflections...

I know that MUTLeaks has found the thresholds for throwing under pressure rating, but I believe he siad it would only effect high and low accuracy throws...

Whats the best way to approach it? Sliders OR ratings/trait combo?
Old 11-02-2018, 03:57 PM   #69
Pro

michapop9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
You seem to be the guys who's brain to pick on this... I'm on PS4 btw

Through your extensive research of the way the game is set up, what can I do on the console that would trigger more inaccurate QB throws by the cpu?

NFL average is usually 2-6 poor throws a game, 1-2 drops and 1-4 pass deflections...

I know that MUTLeaks has found the thresholds for throwing under pressure rating, but I believe he siad it would only effect high and low accuracy throws...

Whats the best way to approach it? Sliders OR ratings/trait combo?
There is no perfect solution to this (especially on the console). You can definitely effect missed throws with the qb accuracy slider, passblock slider or wr catch slider.....but you don't want to do this.

I have a lot of a respect for the people who try their best to create sliders with what they are given in the game. In my opinion the only thing those sliders are good for is trying to get as close as you can to narrowing the ability of the user vs the cpu or vice versa. If you try to change specific aspects of gameplay you may succeed but you are GUARANTEED to mess something else up.

My best advice to you would be to edit qb accuracy ratings. Heres how I used to do mine to separate qbs as much as I could:

Look at the qbs awareness, subtract that from 100. Use the remainder and subtract that from the qbs throw accuracy ratings (except throw on the run).

For example: say deshone Kizer has 73 awareness and 81 short accuracy.

100-73=27

then you would take 81-27=54. Deshone kizers new short accuracy rating would be 54.

Do this with all the other ratings for medium and deep. You can even do this with throw under pressure. Your choice.

My advice would be unless you want to make the cpu and user as equal as possible in a given thing don't mess with the sliders (and even then I would recommend against it) Just edit the ratings for your team and the opposing team and then set them back after the game.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
There is no perfect solution to this (especially on the console). You can definitely effect missed throws with the qb accuracy slider, passblock slider or wr catch slider.....but you don't want to do this.

I have a lot of a respect for the people who try their best to create sliders with what they are given in the game. In my opinion the only thing those sliders are good for is trying to get as close as you can to narrowing the ability of the user vs the cpu or vice versa. If you try to change specific aspects of gameplay you may succeed but you are GUARANTEED to mess something else up.

My best advice to you would be to edit qb accuracy ratings. Heres how I used to do mine to separate qbs as much as I could:

Look at the qbs awareness, subtract that from 100. Use the remainder and subtract that from the qbs throw accuracy ratings (except throw on the run).

For example: say deshone Kizer has 73 awareness and 81 short accuracy.

100-73=27

then you would take 81-27=54. Deshone kizers new short accuracy rating would be 54.

Do this with all the other ratings for medium and deep. You can even do this with throw under pressure. Your choice.

My advice would be unless you want to make the cpu and user as equal as possible in a given thing don't mess with the sliders (and even then I would recommend against it) Just edit the ratings for your team and the opposing team and then set them back after the game.
I mean I feel like I’ve found the perfect sliders that make the game always a challenge without making things go wacky.. I just hate the fact that every incompletion is a pass deflection or a drop.. I’m gonna test the rating method and hopefully a mixture of traits triggers what I want
Old 11-02-2018, 06:21 PM   #71
Pro

michapop9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
I mean I feel like I’ve found the perfect sliders that make the game always a challenge without making things go wacky.. I just hate the fact that every incompletion is a pass deflection or a drop.. I’m gonna test the rating method and hopefully a mixture of traits triggers what I want
great, that's what its about. If you make the jump to pc try this mod out, its coming along nicely (slow but steady).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 06:50 PM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
great, that's what its about. If you make the jump to pc try this mod out, its coming along nicely (slow but steady).
Ya man if someone came up with a play creator mode I wouldve made the jump for sure...

Keep up the good work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »