Home

Classic Teams - Capa

This is a discussion on Classic Teams - Capa within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2015, 02:26 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Thanks!

I can tell you why my rosters are not very good:

1) colleges are not done
2) due to editor, many ht and wts are not correct
3) on oldtime teams where some players played 2 positions, one of the players will have wrong jersey number
4) depth charts are taken from pro-football-reference.com and are not always 100% correct, or teams changed it up during the year
5) I altered ratings and many would not agree with how certain players are rated
6) not all equipment is 100% spot on

Well, you get the idea. I do about 70% of what should be done, but I only have so much patience. Other guys here do a much better job on their rosters and things like all franchise players/teams.

But thanks for downloading and liking!

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2015, 08:42 PM   #106
Rookie

XxLouCatXx's Arena

OVR: 1

These are great!
NBA: Brooklyn Nets
Old 01-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #107
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

L
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCat67
These are great!
These are great Capa. There are ways to work in two position players without adding two guys. Create and make them with their primary position, then switch their position, edit those ratings, then, put them back to their primary. Then edit depth chart. I have Danny White as 2nd Qb on depth chart, even though he's the punter. He still has great Qb ratings. Just an example. When you're finished with this 'set'. I would like to take a stab at equipment if you're interested. I'm also mixing/matching/ creating the best looking unis for these guys. The game saves them to your personal madden profile though, so not sure that makes them very shareable unless all like the rest of profile. That can be changed after its shared, though. EA does a lot of stuff right, but basic unis have issues. They call classic 60s Browns helmet the one with a white face mask and that's 80s. Standard modern helmet looks much better. Small example. When I play with this set I change unis and playbooks to make them look that much better.

Last edited by l8knight1; 01-11-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:19 AM   #108
Banned

What's wrong with Jim Brown?

I don't know what you guys are seeing but if you play with the 64 Browns in my latest set, I can't for the life of me figure out why Jim Brown looks like a 3rd string RB and averages like 2 yds per carry when all his ratings are in the 90's. He looks slow and plodding for the most part. Anyone else seeing this?

I see other guys performing much better even though their ratings are much less. I can't figure it out. I do play coach mode but that should not matter as I see other backs looking like their oldtime real self (Matte, Riggins, etc).

This one has me stumped.

C
Old 01-11-2015, 12:47 PM   #109

l8knight1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
What's wrong with Jim Brown?

I don't know what you guys are seeing but if you play with the 64 Browns in my latest set, I can't for the life of me figure out why Jim Brown looks like a 3rd string RB and averages like 2 yds per carry when all his ratings are in the 90's. He looks slow and plodding for the most part. Anyone else seeing this?

I see other guys performing much better even though their ratings are much less. I can't figure it out. I do play coach mode but that should not matter as I see other backs looking like their oldtime real self (Matte, Riggins, etc).

This one has me stumped.

C

I will take it to the lab. Earl Campbell was awesome, and I've played with Brown already But didn't notice issues.he was a beast in practice.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:16 PM   #110
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
I will take it to the lab. Earl Campbell was awesome, and I've played with Brown already But didn't notice issues.he was a beast in practice.
Ok...maybe it is just an issue in Coach mode. Let me know what you see in game.

C
Old 01-12-2015, 10:15 AM   #111

l8knight1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Ok...maybe it is just an issue in Coach mode. Let me know what you see in game.

C
I have to retract and say I haven't had greatness with Jim Brown in practice against the 69 Chiefs. He can't stiff-arm at all. There are also some Chief defenders who are insane, so ratings probably have to be looked at all around. When I create teams, I too am first concerned with completeness of roster and depth chart, then adjust ratings and actually play with them to see if there is some continuity. That's probably all that's needed. I'll test him against the Jags. I haven't played all the teams yet but certainly intend to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2015, 10:35 AM   #112
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
I have to retract and say I haven't had greatness with Jim Brown in practice against the 69 Chiefs. He can't stiff-arm at all. There are also some Chief defenders who are insane, so ratings probably have to be looked at all around. When I create teams, I too am first concerned with completeness of roster and depth chart, then adjust ratings and actually play with them to see if there is some continuity. That's probably all that's needed. I'll test him against the Jags. I haven't played all the teams yet but certainly intend to.
Ok. Jags have not been done yet. So they reflect the alltime team at this point. I wonder if Brown's weight (230?) has something to do with his plodding and slow running...I may have to recreate him if so at a lesser weight.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »