Home

Madden 18 1994 Roster

This is a discussion on Madden 18 1994 Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 18 1994 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I have uploaded the other playbooks on Madden Share

90sRunNShoot
90sWC (west coast)
90sRUNBAL

I also edited the others a bit to help with CPU playcalling a bit more.

He just keeps giving more and more to the community. Unbelievable. The playbook seems brian another level of immersion.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:29 AM   #74
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

On the Rams you have Jerome Bettis as a rookie and Isaac Bruce as a second year player. That's inverted.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:13 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
On the Rams you have Jerome Bettis as a rookie and Isaac Bruce as a second year player. That's inverted.
that happens sometimes. I try to match size and look first and the experience within a year. For Bettis I struggled to find a match at all. In CFM you can make them correct in age.

It is pretty much impossible to match every player by year, height, weight and race. Concessions have to be made. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2018, 04:28 PM   #76
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
that happens sometimes. I try to match size and look first and the experience within a year. For Bettis I struggled to find a match at all. In CFM you can make them correct in age.

It is pretty much impossible to match every player by year, height, weight and race. Concessions have to be made. lol
Thanks for the explanation- I though it was just an oversight. I didn't mean to sound too critical because I understand what a monumental task this was and I so appreciate you doing this. I'll just have to overlook Bettis being a rookie of the year contender in my franchise.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:39 AM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
Thanks for the explanation- I though it was just an oversight. I didn't mean to sound too critical because I understand what a monumental task this was and I so appreciate you doing this. I'll just have to overlook Bettis being a rookie of the year contender in my franchise.
No problem. I wish EA would allow full editing outside of CFM, that would solve several issues.

If changing colleges and hometowns were quicker I would change those. But it just adds too much time to the process.

I hope the roster is playing well for you.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:16 AM   #78
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Thank you so much for these, here are a couple games in particular that I remember:

Halloween Monday night, Trace Armstrong celebrates his fumble return. The Bears were set to retire Mike Singletary and Dick Butkus' numbers at halftime. In real life, Green Bay won 33-6.

The Bears would return the favor in 2015 with almost perfect symmetry. On Thanksgiving night that year, the Packers were retiring Brett Favre and Bart Starr's numbers, and Chicago went into Lambeau and beat Green Bay, 17-13.
30738899_10157528515913228_3618365975281270784_o (1).jpg

The bitter end for a Bears team that really had no business in the playoffs, January 7th, 1995.
30729612_10157528516818228_3077111598184136704_o.jpg
Old 05-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #79
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Just wanted to let everyone know where I am on the playbooks.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am planning on not using CFM for this roster. I will be playing through the actual 94 season and keeping my own stats, injuries, standings, etc.

I have done this on previous Maddens as well and one of the reasons is the ability to use custom playbooks without some odd workaround.

So, I am working on playbooks to mimic the styles of 1994. I will NOT make a playbook for each, it is not necessary. Instead, I will have a few playbooks which reflect the varying styles.

Currently I have made the following:
File name: 90s2TE: This set is exactly what is says, mostly 2 TE formations with some additional formations to flesh out the playbook for specific situations. This playbook is best used for the following teams: Cardinals, Broncos, Lions, Vikings, Saints, Giants, Eagles and Chargers

File Name: 90s3WR: This playbook is based on formations which utilize a single back and three WRs. This is the Bills and Oilers. Again, other formations are used for various situations.

File Name: 90sbase: This is a relatively balanced offense with mostly two back sets. There are a variety of formations and plays in this playbook. The bulk of the 94 teams can use this playbook. However, it is meant for the following: Bears, Browns, Seahawks, Buccaneers. I believe the following teams would have be well represented by this playbook: Bengals, Raiders, Rams, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Redskins. Even West Coast offensive teams could use this roster, but I plan on building that one.

Playbooks to be made:
West Coast: The EA version of the West Coast is not really the West Coast offense of the 1990s. Mine will use as close as possible formations (some are no longer in the game though) and rely on short passes; slants, outs, screens, etc... Also the FB will be prominent in this playbook. Teams who will use this playbook: 49ers, Chiefs, Packers

Run Dominated: This playbook will feature a greater emphasis on running the football and playaction passes. Mostly 2 back formations, similar to the base playbook, but with the plays rated a little differently. Teams using this playbook will be: Steelers, Cowboys, Colts

RunNShoot/ RunNGun: This will be the Atlanta Falcons, the only RnS holdover. 4 wide receiver formations with an emphasis on the pass. Run plays will be mostly draws, dives and stretch plays.

So I set up my 1994 season replay in CFM over the weekend and I am going to DL all these playbooks.

This is IMO the best roster you have created yet. I was getting destroyed as I am rusty. But I am getting back into rhythm and plan on simply playing various match-ups each week as well as the post season etc etc. Not really sticking with one per say. I will focus on a few like The Dolphins (of course), Packers, 49ers, Lions (BARRY!!!).

I look forward to plugging in the playbooks along with setting the schemes and QB traits (using Josh1977's advice). I am playing his pure All-Pro default set up to a tee and the games are playing amazingly well.

Again thank you for this....I also love your 1987 from this cycle....will be using that as well.

Did you make playbooks for that roster set as well? Much appreciated as always Percussion.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »