Home

Madden 18 1994 Roster

This is a discussion on Madden 18 1994 Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2018, 10:02 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 1994 Roster

Just FYI for everyone, I probably will not get the roster done this weekend as I had hoped. I have a school event part of the day tomorrow which will take away some of my editing time.

I have finished 2 of the expansion teams so far. I should be able to finish the other 2 this weekend; however, I still need to deal with free agents. Hopefully I will be able to finish around midweek or so. fingers crossed!
Old 02-10-2018, 12:24 AM   #58
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Editing draft picks is the essential part for keeping the CFM going. Qbs and Safeties are certainly the main positions you will need to edit.

You may want to edit Running backs "ball carrier vision" also. I keep everyone to about 85 and below. Also, Dlineman "pursuit" ratings may need dropped as I keep them to 85 and below. That one may not be essential however, it is mostly to help with sacks in simmed games.

Kickers and Punters might need slight adjustments, but should not be anything major.
Alrighty. Thanks for the insight. I definitely intended to record the lowest and highest rated guys at each attribute so I can more accurately mesh the rookie classes into the world
Old 02-10-2018, 08:56 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

These rosters rule. Thanks for all the hard work.
Love playing with the 94 Dolphins - my favorite Dolphin team from the 1990's. If only they didn't have a meltdown in the 2nd half playoff game with the 94 Chargers. Dominated the 1st half up 21-6....
Old 02-10-2018, 07:45 PM   #60
MVP

I have finished the expansion teams. They are based on CFL teams. I do not guarantee that they are accurate to their CFL counterparts. I use the players names, but pay little attention to much else. Big name players, Flutie, Trent Green, and a few others I try to make accurate.

The final step is Free Agents. I started working on them earlier this evening, but still have much to do. I will make a few players at most positions with real names, equipment, etc... I try to lower all of the free agents to decrease the chance of the CPU signing them during the season.

As a stated before, I will try to finish up the roster by mid-week. I will also post my first recommendations for playbooks.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:22 PM   #61
MVP

I posted an update for the roster this morning. The expansion teams are done and Free Agents are in progress, so you can see some of them. They are not done yet though.

I posted it so I could download the roster to another profile and test a playbook I am working on.

I played a game between the Bears(CPU) and Browns (me). I used my 4-3 playbook for both defenses. I made the playbook to work with the 87 roster, but I figured it would still fit for this one. I also used a my newly created 90 base offensive playbook. The results from the playbooks were great.

I lost 19-12, but I had a chance in the final two minutes, but I made a bad read on a 4th down and threw into coverage for an incomplete pass. The Bears started strong and took a 10-0 lead in the first quarter. Erik Kramer was true to form. Fairly mobile and threw some amazing passes, followed up by passes that were off target. However, he never made the big mistakes. Tillman was strong on the ground early, even against the strong Cleveland D. I slowed him down and started to work my way back into the game. The Bears defense kept my running game from getting anywhere in the first half. I was finally able to run in the second half. Testaverde was true to form. Overthrows to open receivers, then bullets over the middle in tight coverage. Michael Jackson dropped a TD pass that would have tied the game. Typical M. Jackson. Anyway, I was very happy with the game and the new patch seems to be working well.

The 90s playbook I used worked well too. The CPU playcalling was very good and not predictable. They ended up with 38 runs and 29 passes. The playcalling was especially good in the late game with they really seemed to try to run the clock out. I was amazed by one playcall on their final drive. After I had thrown the incomplete pass, I still had time if I could stop the Bears to a 3 and out. I got them to 3rd and 2 and fully expected the CPU to run again. WRONG! Playaction with a short pass to the TE in the flat. First down!

I plan on making at three more offensive playbooks for this roster. One will be similar to this one, but with more passing plays starred high to be more in line with the Dolphins, Raiders, and a few other teams. Then I will make a single back 2TE playbook for teams like the Chargers, Vikings, and Saints. I will also make a single back 3 WR playbook for the Bills and Oilers.

Now those playbooks are not effective in CFM except for the team you control. However, if I can get the playbooks to work well, I will do what I have done in the past and forgo CFM and play the season in Play Now and keep my own stats.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts on the roster so far and if anything is wrong or needs addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2018, 05:36 PM   #62
Rookie

I’m a Bears fan... this 94 team is one of my favorite teams of all time. Can’t really explain why but really like this team. This roster plays very true to form Kramer is up and down in the same game but never really has a major mistake. Thanks so much for this roster

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #63
MVP

Well folks....

The roster is now complete!

Free agents are done. The highest rated FA are in the 70s. The highest rated FAs are each position have appropriate equipment and many of them have been renamed to either actual 1994 free agents, CFL players, or simply made up names.

The roster should be effective for CFM at this point.

Tomorrow I will start doing some testing in CFM for playbooks. Once I get that done I will post my recommendations.

Please let me know if something in the roster needs addressed.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:52 PM   #64
MVP

I set up my 32 team control CFM with coaches and playbooks. I ran a simmed season to look at some results. Overall the numbers were really good. Individual stats were outstanding across the board with only one crazy stat. Kenny Davidson (Oilers DE) had 24 sacks. That was a bit strange. But other than that everything looked good.

My first run with the playbooks I think will work resulted in the average run/pass ratio to being exactly what it was in 1994.

Tomorrow I will run probably 2 more sims to really make sure these are the playbooks I will recommend. Then I will post them here either tomorrow of Friday. I am busy on Thursday so I will not be on at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »