Home

Future Classic Rosters?

This is a discussion on Future Classic Rosters? within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2019, 12:05 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Future Classic Rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I'm not really an imagination guy when it comes to historical rosters.Some may be but I prefer the actual rosters and teams for that year when possible.What may I ask is your thing for '99-'01 as opposed to '02?
Nothing against 2002, I just skipped it because it sounds like someone has already done that Year. it would be a good base to make additional rosters, and I figure why not go backwards and do these years? I like those years because they never get touched by roster makers. And for the same reason I love 2002, and 2003, and every other retro season. They all have their own flair and unique teams and players.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2019, 04:53 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 0

If anyone wants to take a classic roster into Franchise mode in M20, a 2003 one would make a lot of sense. Inter-conference matchups are very similar between that season and 2019.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 07-03-2019, 11:54 PM   #107
Rookie

I for one am very unlikely to be making another roster for M20, and still unsure whether I'll even get it at this point. The one I finished last night and posted about in the PC section took forever to do. I don't know how you guys are able to keep making classic rosters year after year. Major props to you!
Old 07-04-2019, 08:17 AM   #108
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepichi
I for one am very unlikely to be making another roster for M20, and still unsure whether I'll even get it at this point. The one I finished last night and posted about in the PC section took forever to do. I don't know how you guys are able to keep making classic rosters year after year. Major props to you!
It is a daunting process for sure. Every year I say I will not repeat the insanity of making or remaking classic rosters. Then I get the itch to see my favorite players and teams from when I was a kid back on the field.

I am going to do my best to resist doing all this again for 20. The fix is so easy for EA to implement...roster importing...but they won't. So frustrating that they turn a deaf ear to a loyal user base.

It literally takes me weeks and sometimes months to finish off a roster set...to do it "right"...with equipment, correct skin colors, ratings (subjective), etc. Not something I ever look forward to for sure.

C
Old 07-04-2019, 09:19 AM   #109
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
It is a daunting process for sure. Every year I say I will not repeat the insanity of making or remaking classic rosters. Then I get the itch to see my favorite players and teams from when I was a kid back on the field.

I am going to do my best to resist doing all this again for 20. The fix is so easy for EA to implement...roster importing...but they won't. So frustrating that they turn a deaf ear to a loyal user base.

It literally takes me weeks and sometimes months to finish off a roster set...to do it "right"...with equipment, correct skin colors, ratings (subjective), etc. Not something I ever look forward to for sure.

C
I hear you! I have made 2-4 rosters for for each Madden for several years now. The process is a long one to be sure.

I oddly enjoy the roster making process, BUT, I would prefer to be able to import past roster and concentrate on making ones I normally would not make.

I really struggle to play Madden for very long with modern rosters. I just cannot stay interested over the long haul. I am not sure why that is really, but I just struggle to even play through a single season in franchise with just one team.

I am getting M20. After playing the beta, I saw enough improvement in gameplay that I think it is worth it. What I am not sure about is classic rosters. I have already started a couple of other rosters on M19 (though very little done in game at this point) and I might finish those up.

I am playing a wait and see with classic rosters on M20. It partly depends on playbook creation.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:37 AM   #110
MVP

If you decide to do rosters for 20, do you have any specific year or years in mind?
Old 07-06-2019, 03:14 PM   #111
MVP

[quote=Ebpmd;2049828703]If you decide to do rosters for 20, do you have any specific year or years in mind?[/QUOTE

I have been some work on 1988 in terms of rosters, stats, etc. That was a fun year and a really good Super Bowl (49ers and Bengals) The last year for Tom Landry, Marty Schottenheimer's last year in Cleveland, the Bills were on the verge of being really good.

I have also been looking at 1990 and 1992. I have even thought about revisiting 1999.

Overall, not sure and not stuck on any of those necessarily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2019, 06:01 PM   #112
Pro

92 would be fun. Run Barry run!!!!....before the wheels fell off lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »