Home

Future Classic Rosters?

This is a discussion on Future Classic Rosters? within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2019, 07:26 PM   #113
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Future Classic Rosters?

Here's an idea for one. I think a historic roster for a year before a pivotal draft class in NFL history is interesting.

For example, a 2003 roster could be fun because you're right before the 2004 QB class.

If you pair a historic roster with custom historic draft classes, things get fun. Obviously a huge undertaking. But could be fun.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 07-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #114
MVP

[quote=Iteachpercussion;2049828983]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
If you decide to do rosters for 20, do you have any specific year or years in mind?[/QUOTE

I have been some work on 1988 in terms of rosters, stats, etc. That was a fun year and a really good Super Bowl (49ers and Bengals) The last year for Tom Landry, Marty Schottenheimer's last year in Cleveland, the Bills were on the verge of being really good.

I have also been looking at 1990 and 1992. I have even thought about revisiting 1999.

Overall, not sure and not stuck on any of those necessarily.
1988 or 2000
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 07-08-2019, 08:09 AM   #115
Rookie

artvandeleghe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I hear you! I have made 2-4 rosters for for each Madden for several years now. The process is a long one to be sure.

I oddly enjoy the roster making process, BUT, I would prefer to be able to import past roster and concentrate on making ones I normally would not make.

I really struggle to play Madden for very long with modern rosters. I just cannot stay interested over the long haul. I am not sure why that is really, but I just struggle to even play through a single season in franchise with just one team.

I am getting M20. After playing the beta, I saw enough improvement in gameplay that I think it is worth it. What I am not sure about is classic rosters. I have already started a couple of other rosters on M19 (though very little done in game at this point) and I might finish those up.

I am playing a wait and see with classic rosters on M20. It partly depends on playbook creation.
Great conversations here. I know you said you had started some other classic rosters on M19, the one I really loved that you made for M18 was 1995 - would be great to be able to play a mid-90s roster in M19 with a draft class the year after. I plan on sticking with M19 this year. EA does not care enough about us classic gamers to ever allow import rosters or franchise import/carryover like The Show has, so I am not keen on giving them my $ each year anymore. I would be happy to work with you on a mid-90s roster again like we did a few years back (M17 perhaps?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2019, 11:41 AM   #116
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandeleghe
Great conversations here. I know you said you had started some other classic rosters on M19, the one I really loved that you made for M18 was 1995 - would be great to be able to play a mid-90s roster in M19 with a draft class the year after. I plan on sticking with M19 this year. EA does not care enough about us classic gamers to ever allow import rosters or franchise import/carryover like The Show has, so I am not keen on giving them my $ each year anymore. I would be happy to work with you on a mid-90s roster again like we did a few years back (M17 perhaps?)
We might just do that again! Currently, I have a 1999 roster started where I have most of the players, except the NFC West, renamed and numbered. However, I have done no ratings or equipment on them. I also started a 1990 roster and I have a couple of divisions completed, but have not started the others at all.

I am not sure what direction I want to go yet. My time is limited at the moment, so I do not plan on doing much on Madden 19 right now. Little League Football is getting ready to start up, I am also an assistant with the high school football and we have some scrimmages coming up, plus a youth camp. And to top it all off, my mother-in-law is very ill and been in the hospital since mid-June and just took a severe turn for the worse. Sooo, I am being pulled in several direction currently.

Send me an email and we can more easily discuss plans that way.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:42 PM   #117
Pro

Speaking of 1995.....I'm down to the expansion Texans and Ravens. Looking to upload by Wednesday fellas.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:53 AM   #118
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Here's an idea for one. I think a historic roster for a year before a pivotal draft class in NFL history is interesting.

For example, a 2003 roster could be fun because you're right before the 2004 QB class.

If you pair a historic roster with custom historic draft classes, things get fun. Obviously a huge undertaking. But could be fun.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
Have any draft classes actually been made for any past years yet? Just trying to catch up here.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 07-09-2019, 09:20 PM   #119
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Have any draft classes actually been made for any past years yet? Just trying to catch up here.
Flying ninja has a few to pair with his 02 roster
Old 07-11-2019, 04:05 PM   #120
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
Flying ninja has a few to pair with his 02 roster
I thought ITeach made the 2002 roster?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »