Home

Future Classic Rosters?

This is a discussion on Future Classic Rosters? within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2019, 05:05 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Future Classic Rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I use that playbook some too, but the run/pass ratio is too pass heavy for me when it comes to a lot of teams. I think it will work well for some classic teams. I really like the variety that comes with custom playbooks. It is a lot of extra work, and by no means perfect. However, it adds something when the Joe Gibbs' Redskins consistently line up in single back formations. I like that level of immersion.
If you low rate the wrs and TEs, it evens the run/pass ratios for most games, but if a team falls behind they will abandon the pass.

The key to the ratings and depth charts is keeping the base guys, HB/FB/2 starting wrs/TE on the field as much as possible. By putting rbs at slot wr specialty sub, you can get the right catch distributions with certain ratings tweaks to Catch and Release and the 3 route running attributes. You have to go lower with these ratings.

Now i do see the cpu come out in 5 wr sets and shotgun, but it’s maybe 20 percent of the game, and when they do come out in these formations, they’re in base personel. So it’s no different than being in a two back offense, the players are just moved around the field. This really isn’t much different than old school attacks. Back then, they’d motion the rb in the slot. If you watch old games, you’ll hear them call the starting running back the slot wr as well. Also i see the HB go in motion a lot to the wr position when they’re in 2 back sets.

For most of these teams so far, I have the FB as the third down back, and the starting rb as the slot wr in specialty subs. I put all the rbs and wrs as the back up wrs. Sometimes this isn’t neccesary because they did have 3 and 4 we options. But most of these teams threw to base personel and didn’t use extra wrs. The shotgun with this setup is no different than the HB motioning to slot. We just don’t see it happen.

Also, when they’re in 2 back, they mostly run from split/far/near. I even see them go 2 back and 2 wide on 3 and 10 type plays.

These edits also nuke the overpowering nature of the 2 minute drill at the end of halves. The cpu isn’t completely helpless from scoring, it just seems way more realistic.

Got some good auto subs/fatigue ratings and sliders as well. Seeing the best ball carry distribution. Most games it’s matching the season averages. Also hitting catch distribution from real season averages. Hardly ever see 3rd and 4th string wrs or TEs have much if any effect on the games.

We’re trying to replicate a time when the defenses had more free reign with wrs, no way to change the games rules, but dropping catch in the 40-80 range really helps put us in a time machine. Also seeing better ball trajectories. Different animations.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 05-22-2019, 06:03 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
If you low rate the wrs and TEs, it evens the run/pass ratios for most games, but if a team falls behind they will abandon the pass.

The key to the ratings and depth charts is keeping the base guys, HB/FB/2 starting wrs/TE on the field as much as possible. By putting rbs at slot wr specialty sub, you can get the right catch distributions with certain ratings tweaks to Catch and Release and the 3 route running attributes. You have to go lower with these ratings.

Now i do see the cpu come out in 5 wr sets and shotgun, but it’s maybe 20 percent of the game, and when they do come out in these formations, they’re in base personel. So it’s no different than being in a two back offense, the players are just moved around the field. This really isn’t much different than old school attacks. Back then, they’d motion the rb in the slot. If you watch old games, you’ll hear them call the starting running back the slot wr as well. Also i see the HB go in motion a lot to the wr position when they’re in 2 back sets.

For most of these teams so far, I have the FB as the third down back, and the starting rb as the slot wr in specialty subs. I put all the rbs and wrs as the back up wrs. Sometimes this isn’t neccesary because they did have 3 and 4 we options. But most of these teams threw to base personel and didn’t use extra wrs. The shotgun with this setup is no different than the HB motioning to slot. We just don’t see it happen.

Also, when they’re in 2 back, they mostly run from split/far/near. I even see them go 2 back and 2 wide on 3 and 10 type plays.

These edits also nuke the overpowering nature of the 2 minute drill at the end of halves. The cpu isn’t completely helpless from scoring, it just seems way more realistic.

Got some good auto subs/fatigue ratings and sliders as well. Seeing the best ball carry distribution. Most games it’s matching the season averages. Also hitting catch distribution from real season averages. Hardly ever see 3rd and 4th string wrs or TEs have much if any effect on the games.

We’re trying to replicate a time when the defenses had more free reign with wrs, no way to change the games rules, but dropping catch in the 40-80 range really helps put us in a time machine. Also seeing better ball trajectories. Different animations.
I use to use greater edits than I have the last two years. As I mentioned to you earlier, I have been trying to create a balance for Franchise mode players. Since that is less of a concern for me at this time, I can go back to making those type of edits.

To help with DBs, I tend to raise the coverage and press ratings quite a bit from the default settings. I have, as all of the roster makers have, certain ratings that I increase or decrease to create the gameplay I am looking for.

For instance, I decrease LB jump to always below 80, but often 70. I do the same with TEs.
OLine, I have their STR at a minimum of 85, except for a rare guy here and there.

As I am starting to look at 1980, I want to spread ratings out a little more as well.

While there are some ratings and such we can all agree on, there will always be areas that various roster makers are going to disagree.

While I am glad the west coast playbook works for you, it is not what I am looking for. I really want to be able to create some variety in the play calling and formations. I think it is also important to create defensive playbooks. The modern defensive playbooks blitz far too often for mid-80s and before.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:15 PM   #35
MVP

Later on ill stream a 49ers game with bears and you’ll see what i mean about it looking like 60s 70s 80s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I use to use greater edits than I have the last two years. As I mentioned to you earlier, I have been trying to create a balance for Franchise mode players. Since that is less of a concern for me at this time, I can go back to making those type of edits.

To help with DBs, I tend to raise the coverage and press ratings quite a bit from the default settings. I have, as all of the roster makers have, certain ratings that I increase or decrease to create the gameplay I am looking for.

For instance, I decrease LB jump to always below 80, but often 70. I do the same with TEs.
OLine, I have their STR at a minimum of 85, except for a rare guy here and there.

As I am starting to look at 1980, I want to spread ratings out a little more as well.

While there are some ratings and such we can all agree on, there will always be areas that various roster makers are going to disagree.

While I am glad the west coast playbook works for you, it is not what I am looking for. I really want to be able to create some variety in the play calling and formations. I think it is also important to create defensive playbooks. The modern defensive playbooks blitz far too often for mid-80s and before.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2019, 07:25 PM   #36
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Big shoutout to doncropper. He bought me a PS4 and it arrived today. Mad respect for The Godfather of baseball. Feels good to be awarded for hard work, too. Don and I have been doing some exciting tests with 60s and 80s teams on xbox.

Can’t wait to see his classic rosters on The Show. I’ve never played The Show

That is awesome and I'm happy for you. That was definitely a pay it forward moment. Stand up guy in Don no doubt.

As far as the show is concerned let me say welcome to the best sports game on this gen and possibly every made.

19 is a phenomenal game of baseball, you have no idea the magnitude of baseball rosters made by Don, Baumy, Jmyers, Jethroll, Knight, PJ, BostonRob and so many other talented roster makers.

Not to mention Armors Sliders, his whole set up is a must have hands down.

To give you an example. Baumy went and single handedly created 1995 - 1999 Full 25 Man Rosters, Complete with stats, created faces, and ratings. Its extremely extremely beautiful.

Jmyers and Jethroll are currently putting the finishing touches on a full 90 man roster for 1987, with the same features I mentioned in baumys plus more.

Don, well Don's 1970, 1980 and 1990 playoff rosters are just outstanding. You gotta see those to believe it.

He also did a classic 60's Roster that is Fire!

Bacons Fictional Mod is a must have.

Man theres so much baseball it's crazy, how good the community is and how much if the extra mile they have gone to try and release rosters to the public for free, for everyone to enjoy.

That's why I'm working on madden 19 now, because for me I want to be able to give back in some way.

I legit have 0 plans on buying Madden 20, I'm going to create these rosters on Madden 19, no matter how long it takes.

While everyone enjoying whatever they doing in future. Maddens, when it comes to classic's they'll say yeah this and that is good, but them classic's on 19 is fire!

So as I've said good luck to everyone, I'll be reaching out to all you roster creators as you all are top notch content creators in my book!

To give an example as I was creating some players, ratings, giving traits, the things that I teach, and Tommy were talking about, like the different ratings of players and why they gave them those ratings...

That's the stuff I meant as a whole, that is vital to this community and new comers as myself. Look I'm 44 years old, I love gaming always have, and when I created rosters back in the day, I did it straight off how I thought that player performed.

In today's games and the tools the developers put into the game to try and give you a little more variety and immersion its conversations like those that are a huge help.

So keep it flowing fellas, the more awesome ideas the more the rosters will be for everyone.

And just so it's out there and everyone knows my magnitude of rosters I'm speaking of.

1989 - 2000 to start.

2000 - 2010.

All on 19, plus the 70s and 80s capa and iteach are speaking of.

This for me is not going to be a rush job, I'm not good at ratings and I have spoken to guys about giving me there knowledge and expertise about it.

And just so it's out there, I have no shame in looking to guys like capa,iteach, Tommy, don, armor and a few others for help.

I look at all of yall as I have said as the pioneers in doing this. We all do have one thing in common and that is...

we all want to be able to enjoy the classic's we grew up playing and watching. And for some of these younger gen guys to also be able to look to the legends that paved the way for today's players.

So sorry for the book lol, but ima put the work in as long as God provides me a day I'm blessed to do it in.

Future post for me. Will be starting a 1989 thread. And posting updates as often as I can. So I dont jumble up the thread.

Storm.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:12 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
That is awesome and I'm happy for you. That was definitely a pay it forward moment. Stand up guy in Don no doubt.

As far as the show is concerned let me say welcome to the best sports game on this gen and possibly every made.

19 is a phenomenal game of baseball, you have no idea the magnitude of baseball rosters made by Don, Baumy, Jmyers, Jethroll, Knight, PJ, BostonRob and so many other talented roster makers.

Not to mention Armors Sliders, his whole set up is a must have hands down.

To give you an example. Baumy went and single handedly created 1995 - 1999 Full 25 Man Rosters, Complete with stats, created faces, and ratings. Its extremely extremely beautiful.

Jmyers and Jethroll are currently putting the finishing touches on a full 90 man roster for 1987, with the same features I mentioned in baumys plus more.

Don, well Don's 1970, 1980 and 1990 playoff rosters are just outstanding. You gotta see those to believe it.

He also did a classic 60's Roster that is Fire!

Bacons Fictional Mod is a must have.

Man theres so much baseball it's crazy, how good the community is and how much if the extra mile they have gone to try and release rosters to the public for free, for everyone to enjoy.

That's why I'm working on madden 19 now, because for me I want to be able to give back in some way.

I legit have 0 plans on buying Madden 20, I'm going to create these rosters on Madden 19, no matter how long it takes.

While everyone enjoying whatever they doing in future. Maddens, when it comes to classic's they'll say yeah this and that is good, but them classic's on 19 is fire!

So as I've said good luck to everyone, I'll be reaching out to all you roster creators as you all are top notch content creators in my book!

To give an example as I was creating some players, ratings, giving traits, the things that I teach, and Tommy were talking about, like the different ratings of players and why they gave them those ratings...

That's the stuff I meant as a whole, that is vital to this community and new comers as myself. Look I'm 44 years old, I love gaming always have, and when I created rosters back in the day, I did it straight off how I thought that player performed.

In today's games and the tools the developers put into the game to try and give you a little more variety and immersion its conversations like those that are a huge help.

So keep it flowing fellas, the more awesome ideas the more the rosters will be for everyone.

And just so it's out there and everyone knows my magnitude of rosters I'm speaking of.

1989 - 2000 to start.

2000 - 2010.

All on 19, plus the 70s and 80s capa and iteach are speaking of.

This for me is not going to be a rush job, I'm not good at ratings and I have spoken to guys about giving me there knowledge and expertise about it.

And just so it's out there, I have no shame in looking to guys like capa,iteach, Tommy, don, armor and a few others for help.

I look at all of yall as I have said as the pioneers in doing this. We all do have one thing in common and that is...

we all want to be able to enjoy the classic's we grew up playing and watching. And for some of these younger gen guys to also be able to look to the legends that paved the way for today's players.

So sorry for the book lol, but ima put the work in as long as God provides me a day I'm blessed to do it in.

Future post for me. Will be starting a 1989 thread. And posting updates as often as I can. So I dont jumble up the thread.

Storm.
Can’t wait to finally experience The Show. Used to watch the cardinals and braves in the 80s and 90s. My dad was a cards fan and grand parents followed the Braves on TBS. grand parents had the long defunct prime star satellite.

Really hoping my dad will sit down and play some of this stuff like we did RBI and Bases Loaded back in the day. I owe him a lot of tail-whippings. Lol. Won’t be able to take the game to his house because he’ll want to keep it.

He used to buy all the stuff when i was a kid like intellivision. Now that he’s retired, maybe he’ll get back into it.

Does Ozzie Smith do backflips when he comes in at home? Can’t wait to bat with Vince Sutton too. This is going to be fun. Last baseball game i played was 2k and it was the one with the perfect game contest. Had a no hitter going into the 7th twice on there. That was a fun challenge.

Teams finished:
Old 05-22-2019, 11:20 PM   #38
MVP

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bbcAhd439ukL-X

56 games from 1989. Thought i seen all the teams in a quick look.

Teams finished:
Old 05-23-2019, 07:42 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 21

I am thinking of concentrating on the 1960's rosters. May start with 65 next. Also promised Storm I would do 72...

C
Old 05-23-2019, 08:16 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I am thinking of concentrating on the 1960's rosters. May start with 65 next. Also promised Storm I would do 72...

C
Couldn't have seen a better post anywhere !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »