Home

Future Classic Rosters?

This is a discussion on Future Classic Rosters? within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2019, 12:36 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Future Classic Rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
I switched from 96 for the moment, and I officially started today on 1989. You have 90 and I plan to just try and keep going as we go through the years.

The play books I agree with you are a must and now that you broken it down a bit, when I need a break from the creating side I can try my hand at the play books.

I'm definitely not doing cfm, but I'm designing the rosters with correct info and edits as much as I can, so when I pull out real team schedules and some of the basic stats, mvp of the league etc atleast we can have genuine write ups.

The only thing that sucks is we cant edit coaches in play now, unlike in cfm. But cfm is really broken in terms of classic sets, especially if your trying to recreate, coaches, and team play with the playbooks.

That's also the beauty of play now, it plays better imo than cfm, and custom playbooks for both teams. Along side with uniforms.

So 1989 is up first for me, with permission from you guys percussions and capa, every once in awhile I'd like to post some bios and pics of random players in no particular order in this thread.

Maybe we can all use this thread, as our main thread for classics for 19. Since we are making this our main game. Maybe a mod here could sticky it for us so it's not bumped down, kinda like the NCAA thread with Vt. & crew.

Edit.

Sabo00FF created a very nice Oldschool Offense playbook.

As well as a 3-4 & 4-3 defensive books, alongside with a hybrid.

Have a look at those when you get the time, honestly that oldschool for offensive is all that is needed imo. But the defense I'm unsure of, they looked great as well.
Would love to help with 1989. One of the first years I really watched NFL. No need for custom playbooks the way i set it up. I simply use west coast for all teams and they mostly stay in the old pro set/2 back formations. When they go to shotgun, all the base players are still on the field.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 05-22-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2019, 03:22 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I can’t express how much I appreciate the roster community not only here for Madden, but also on The Show and NBA 2K

I have decided to stay with 19. I have just grown so weary of the Madden patch grind the last two cycles.

The game is never right till after February each and every year. The constant tug of war between online player whining (yeah the kids who are a totally different type of sports gamer than us pioneer franchise mode type sports gamers) and tweeting till the cows come home to the dev teams.....I could go on and on.

So 19 is where I am at with Percussions 1985 roster, and all the draft classes Storms directed to me plus the 2002 roster and the draft classes from that set.

I am good.

I think it really is best wait with Madden moving forward and allowing the vicious patch cycle to end after the “Madden Bowl” before picking up the newest game.

The only series that is a yearly buy is The Show. They consistently improve offline gameplay.

2K I have stuck with 2K18 and have no regrets with that either.

I loom forward to whatever any of the great roster makers release.

And if you guys go to Madden 20 I will eventually snag the rosters in 2020 after the game is done with updates.

I have 19 playing like butter for me. I just want to play!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
There’s a 2002 roster on 19 Armor? Who made it? I know Iteach did one on 18 , but I didn’t see one on 19.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:35 AM   #27
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Would love to help with 1989. One of the first years I really watched NFL. No need for custom playbooks the way i set it up. I simply use west coast for all teams and they mostly stay in the old pro set/2 back formations. When they go to shotgun, all the base players are still on the field.
Believe me bro, your help and guidance is much needed and appreciated. When you get ya settled you are more than welcome. We all deserve a classic game and since ea does not want to provide it.

Well do it ourselves to the best of our ability for everyone to enjoy the history of these players and the game. I know for me its exciting looking up these players and reading the facts on them as I create them.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:51 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 21

Iteach,

Is the suggested approach here that we all make different year sets or that would all work on the same year until complete by passing the roster set around to ease the burden of editing and perhaps finish faster?

I am fine with either scenario...just was not sure what the recommended approach is...

C
Old 05-22-2019, 01:35 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
Believe me bro, your help and guidance is much needed and appreciated. When you get ya settled you are more than welcome. We all deserve a classic game and since ea does not want to provide it.

Well do it ourselves to the best of our ability for everyone to enjoy the history of these players and the game. I know for me its exciting looking up these players and reading the facts on them as I create them.
Big shoutout to doncropper. He bought me a PS4 and it arrived today. Mad respect for The Godfather of baseball. Feels good to be awarded for hard work, too. Don and I have been doing some exciting tests with 60s and 80s teams on xbox.

Can’t wait to see his classic rosters on The Show. I’ve never played The Show before, so that’ll be awesome too because ive nothing but amazing things. Also, now i can team up with you guys on these rosters.

Gonna wait a few weeks and run more tests on xbox before i get madden for PS4. Also want to get better acclimated with PS4. Havent had a PS since PS2. Started buying xbox because that’s what playmakers always bought, and I wanted to use his rosters.

1989 is a good season to do because there’s tons of ‘89 full games on youtube. Found tons of games when i worked on ‘89 Forty Niners. Even for bad teams like the Bucaneers.

One reason i want to hurry up and do this is because there’s tons of vintage videos online now, but who knows for how long. Stephen Barnett had tons of college vids, and his stuff was taken down last year.

I watch old games daily. I’ll make sure to watch only 1989 games. Would be cool if I could find the old HBO show INside the NFL from 89. Wouldn’t have to watch as many full games then because they break down the teams so well.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 05-22-2019, 04:07 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Iteach,

Is the suggested approach here that we all make different year sets or that would all work on the same year until complete by passing the roster set around to ease the burden of editing and perhaps finish faster?

I am fine with either scenario...just was not sure what the recommended approach is...

C
I prefer to work on our own rosters. The idea of passing rosters around always sounds great at the start, but rarely works out the way its intended.

All of us roster makers have our own ideas about how a roster should be constructed which further complicates things, in my opinion. I do not want to mess up someone's hard work on ratings, equipment, or anything else. While we all respect each other's work and use each other's rosters, I am sure there are things we would all do differently than the roster creator.

So me personally, I would rather just work on the rosters I want to do (sounds selfish I know) instead of trying to all collaborate on a roster. It is easy to get burnt out on roster creation, but when I am working on a roster I am not excited about, I have a hard time moving forward. LOL

I hope that makes sense and I don't come off as too much of a jerk.
In terms of time, I am about to have a lot more free time! The school year ends this Friday, and that means.... SUMMER BREAK!
I still have a fair amount of real-life football to do throughout the summer though. This year more than previous years, but June is pretty free for me.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:09 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grentthealien
There’s a 2002 roster on 19 Armor? Who made it? I know Iteach did one on 18 , but I didn’t see one on 19.
I cannot remember who made it, I do not think it is anyone from the forums here though. I might be wrong about that, but no one has posted about it.

There is also a 2005 roster that is pretty decent. I actually started a franchise with that roster and it was playing pretty well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2019, 04:12 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I use that playbook some too, but the run/pass ratio is too pass heavy for me when it comes to a lot of teams. I think it will work well for some classic teams. I really like the variety that comes with custom playbooks. It is a lot of extra work, and by no means perfect. However, it adds something when the Joe Gibbs' Redskins consistently line up in single back formations. I like that level of immersion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »