Home

Madden 20: Classic Rosters, .... Is it worth it ?

This is a discussion on Madden 20: Classic Rosters, .... Is it worth it ? within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2019, 07:18 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20: Classic Rosters, .... Is it worth it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I am still not sure what I am going to do in terms of classic rosters for M20. I currently have M19 playing really well with my classic rosters. I have spent time on playbooks and get great results.

However, the gameplay for M20 in the beta was REALLY solid and some of the changes really make me want to create rosters for the new game and go through the process of making playbooks and everything. However, time is limited in the fall. I am just really busy. This makes me not want to spend every bit of open gaming time I have trying to make a roster and playbooks.

So, at this point I am still in a wait and see pattern. I will have M20 on July 30th and I will try to figure things out as quickly as possible.
I did not play M19. Is M20 really any better ? I thought they are hiding gameplay from us.
I am semi-busy in the Fall, but, am more than willing to help you create a classic nfl roster.

I would follow your lead, although I am familiar with the process. You can trust me to finish, and if we both do half, saves us both a lotta time.

I want to say, though, I will only help on a Roster if simulation stats are fixed, and run/pass Ratio can be gotten close to the year of classic Roster we create. I will not waste my time, or yours on EA's incompetent in this simple area.

I will PM you.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:20 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Just as a point of note, in the beta it was not possible to assign XFactor abilities to edited players. I did not try to create any players. Any player that is edited in the Main Menu loses any XFactor abilities. Now that might change on release, but that is how it was in beta.
Besides poking around playbooks, one of the 1st things I'll do is try creating Dan Marino with X-factor abilities & see if it takes.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:10 AM   #11
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I do hope they fix the assigning of custom playbooks to both teams where you don't need to do the 2 controller trick stuff. This should be applicable for human vs cpu, cpu vs cpu, slow sim to end of game, or just watching a game.

C
This right here is the most important for me, I have been sitting back just watching the forums and people, I have my money set aside but I have not pre ordered and I still dont know if I'm getting this game.

Capa If you have plans on getting the game can you test that for me when it comes out.?

I'm thinking though it probably wont be changed though no other madden has ever had this feature from 16 to 19.

And the custom playbooks dont work in 19, unless I'm doing something seriously wrong. When I downloaded sab0s books and tryed to apply them in game not only would it randomly freeze my game, but it also jumbled up the entire team out of the huddle.

I even posted a video on this, no one had a response even though video proof was given, so I'm still on the fence with this game, and I kinda got disappointed even in playing madden because of so many flaws.

So im also still wait and see for myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 09:30 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

Yes, I am also on the fence for 20. I was going to take a wait and see attitude as well. Many of us decided to stick with 19 and keep creating classic rosters for that game, but I know 20 has some nice features and will probably be very seductive...

C

Last edited by capa; 07-22-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:14 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning

And the custom playbooks dont work in 19, unless I'm doing something seriously wrong. When I downloaded sab0s books and tryed to apply them in game not only would it randomly freeze my game, but it also jumbled up the entire team out of the huddle.

I even posted a video on this, no one had a response even though video proof was given, so I'm still on the fence with this game, and I kinda got disappointed even in playing madden because of so many flaws.

So im also still wait and see for myself.
I had crashing issues with the first 3 custom playbooks I tried but the last 4 I've downloaded worked fine. This is on the PC.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:56 PM   #14
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepichi
I had crashing issues with the first 3 custom playbooks I tried but the last 4 I've downloaded worked fine. This is on the PC.
Yeah I'm closing the chapter on 19, after playing 20, I'm definitely all in on 20. Its night day, litterally no comparison. Its ruff because the past maddens have great classics rosters, but I'm telling you if you go in 20 blind and play it as I did, and then go and play 16-19 you'll fully understand.

But with that said my first classic set will be 1996. For 20 and it will be set for cfm.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 07-27-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:20 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
Yeah I'm closing the chapter on 19, after playing 20, I'm definitely all in on 20. Its night day, litterally no comparison. Its ruff because the past maddens have great classics rosters, but I'm telling you if you go in 20 blind and play it as I did, and then go and play 16-19 you'll fully understand.

But with that said my first classic set will be 1996. For 20 and it will be set for cfm.
System?

10 char
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 09:57 PM   #16
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Issues is you can't change the abilities and/or the Xfactor. Without this abilities how can we create what we want? I was trying to make a Mike Vick but no matter if I made him in draft or created player its random on the abilities. I made him small 6'0 210 lbs but he didn't receive escape artist or fast break and his X Factor was Freight Train. I wanted First one free like Lamar Jackson and Cam Newton has. It was same with any player I made or wanted to make my own guy but this Random abilities is not helping. I Hope they Patch or fix this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »