Home

Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

This is a discussion on Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #113
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Mizzou24's all madden sliders for a CPU offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
With run block at 70 for the cpu they seem to rush for way too many easy yds. Love these settings though way better than All MAdden for sure. Try run block on 60 to 65 for CPU it just seems more realistic as my DTs don't just get blown off the ball all the time. You like the normal speed better? Is it harder? I'm sure it is

Normal speed is playing very well on all pro and I'm still seeing all the amazing animations.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #114

Mizzou24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
With regards to the bad angles taken by defenders, I think that is a function of the higher settings for Kick Catch Interference and Roughing the Kicker.....for some reason, these can impact pursuit angles. I am going to set these back at default and try it out.

Let me know how that goes bro would love to keep tackle at 15
Old 12-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #115
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
With regards to the bad angles taken by defenders, I think that is a function of the higher settings for Kick Catch Interference and Roughing the Kicker.....for some reason, these can impact pursuit angles. I am going to set these back at default and try it out.
I had those settings at default,it has to do with the tackle slider.

When I first got the game,I played on default everything on AP,and didn't have this issue but was sick and tired of all the "bulldozer" like tackles so I lowered the tackle slider,and as soon as I did I noticed the bad pursuit angles by the defense.

With the lower tackle,I tried every adjustment under the sun for my defense to no avail....also with the tackle slider affecting the cpu FG kicks,I had raised it to 30-35 (iirc) and was still able to break tackles and the such...I still encountered the "bulldozer" tackle,but not nearly as bad.

So what I'm going to try and do is raise the tackle slider to match the cpu.

I do apologize...I'm not trying to hijack this thread or anything,just saying what I've been seeing with a lower tackle slider.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #116

Mizzou24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower

When I first got the game,I played on default everything on AP,and didn't have this issue but was sick and tired of all the "bulldozer" like tackles so I lowered the tackle slider,and as soon as I did I noticed the bad pursuit angles by the defense.

With the lower tackle,I tried every adjustment under the sun for my defense to no avail....also with the tackle slider affecting the cpu FG kicks,I had raised it to 30-35 (iirc) and was still able to break tackles and the such...I still encountered the "bulldozer" tackle,but not nearly as bad.

I do apologize...I'm not trying to hijack this thread or anything,just saying what I've been seeing with a lower tackle slider.

I don't see it as hijacking I see it as critiquing so we can make the best slider set possible brother. I will test all the suggestions mentioned as soon as I get a minute prolly will be after Christmas.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #117
Just started!

OVR: 0

I am going to check these out. All Madden with Charter Sliders is too easy. I run all over CPU. I will update after a few games.

Mizzou24-are you in KC?
Old 12-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #118

Mizzou24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRolo
I am going to check these out. All Madden with Charter Sliders is too easy. I run all over CPU. I will update after a few games.

Mizzou24-are you in KC?

Nope from the southeast missouri area. Bout 4-5 hours away from kc.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #119
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower

CowerPower.....thanks for the info (it is good to know; I am back to playing at default AP while I tinker). Have you tried lowering the facemask slider (down to a value like 5)? I know that in past games, using a low facemask value helped to open up a lot of tackling animations, it might help with the "bulldozer" tackles.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #120
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
CowerPower.....thanks for the info (it is good to know; I am back to playing at default AP while I tinker). Have you tried lowering the facemask slider (down to a value like 5)? I know that in past games, using a low facemask value helped to open up a lot of tackling animations, it might help with the "bulldozer" tackles.
I don't believe this game shares much in regards to CG Madden as far as penalties go.

I do believe however that a "medium" can be reached in order to calm down the "bulldozer" effect while still retaining the ability to break tackles.

Also (this shares the same theme...as it should) the RB slider also pertains to punt and kickoff returns,so that is something else to keep an eye on.

I really didn't want to get into "slideritis" with the next gen version,but I feel Mizzou is sooo close I can taste it,all that is needed is maybe just a bit of refinement.

I will say though...I'm playing slow with 0 threshold,and am seeing this stuff (poor angles) and you guys' are playing normal speed,correct?
Actually what this shows is that speed differential and threshold doesn't have that big of an effect.

I do have a few settings different,but overall mine were pretty close to what Mizzou had for AP,so I thought I would mention what I've witnessed as far as pursuit angles go.

I think I'm going to really going to break the game down,and check out a few more things as well...the other main issue I have is coverage vs reaction....to many times (especially on curls) the DB will continue to run even though he see's the WR make his cut...giving the cpu a cheap completion.

So I figure tat's only 2 areas,so not THAT bad...lmao
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »