Home

Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

This is a discussion on Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #449
Rookie

thegame19991999's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

my concerns while using your sliders is catching deep balls
getting pressure from d-line
when you make any changes is refelected on the first page
Old 01-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #450
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame19991999
my concerns while using your sliders is catching deep balls

getting pressure from d-line

when you make any changes is refelected on the first page

Yes they will b on first page
Old 01-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #451
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefMixture
I am starting to think the run vs pass play call balance is team based. It would be nice if the run/pass balance slider still existed, this would tone down issues like sacks and INT's. As the Bills, I finished the season as the best Run D, most sacks, most INT's and most pass yards allowed. Only NE and TB ran the ball 20 or more times against me. Your sliders are still the best I've tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That technically isn't true. The problem is that we can't modify existing head coaches (like we can on NCAA 14). However, one could theoretically create all 32 coaches fresh and set individual coaching sliders. Not sure this would help though. This would cause a crazy amount of work....but it would be a potential option if we get desperate.

However, I remember on a past Madden version that one of the "fixes" was to set each team to one of the "generic" playbooks before each game....that would help the gameplanning element of the teams and allow them to call plays more realistically.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 01-13-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #452
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

So, I have been using the front page sliders for a while, with several tweaks. Thought I would elaborate a bit.

All of the AI sliders are the same as the front page, but I edited some of the penalty sliders:

OPI/DPI: Both set to 1. Players are far more aggressive going after passes. I see way more swats from defenders (not the lame dropped interceptions as much) and more aggressiveness from receivers in catching passes. OP sliders were too high and default were too low. I LOVE it here.

Kick Return Interference/Roughing the Kicker: Set to 60 and 55, respectively. Run defense is much better. Players contain the outside runs better on both sides and take better angles to the ball. Love it here!!! On another positive note as well, punting averages have dropped to normal (I am convinced one of these increases punt power; but haven't confirmed)

Facemask: Set to 5. This is more about seeing better animations than anything, but tacklers "wrap up" better at this setting and you don't see that annoying "facemask" animation as often. They don't get called as penalties at this setting, but how often do you see them called in real games?

IG: Set to 50....I just like it better, but it is more of a personal preference.

Issues:
  • Way too few broken tackles. Using Chicago, and in 4 games, Forte has ONE broken tackle despite leading the league in rushes. With the adjustments to KI/RTK, I think lower tackle settings might be possible. I have a feeling that roster adjustments might be needed to totally alleviate this statistical issue (and I am skeptical if that would even work); but the run game does feel good.
  • A handful too many sacks. I am second in the league through 4 games, so not crazy. I can live with it if it breaks the balance in other areas.
  • Too many WR drops on both sides (5 to 7 per game per team). I may move catching back up to 50 and possibly higher. May try adjusting Pass Block on CPU side to alleviate this and the sack issue.

Back to work for the week, but I wanted to provide my thoughts from the weekend.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 01-13-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:00 PM   #453
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
So, I have been using the front page sliders for a while, with several tweaks. Thought I would elaborate a bit.

All of the AI sliders are the same as the front page, but I edited some of the penalty sliders:

OPI/DPI: Both set to 1. Players are far more aggressive going after passes. I see way more swats from defenders (not the lame dropped interceptions as much) and more aggressiveness from receivers in catching passes. OP sliders were too high and default were too low. I LOVE it here.

Kick Return Interference/Roughing the Kicker: Set to 60 and 55, respectively. Run defense is much better. Players contain the outside runs better on both sides and take better angles to the ball. Love it here!!! On another positive note as well, punting averages have dropped to normal (I am convinced one of these increases punt power; but haven't confirmed)

Facemask: Set to 5. This is more about seeing better animations than anything, but tacklers "wrap up" better at this setting and you don't see that annoying "facemask" animation as often. They don't get called as penalties at this setting, but how often do you see them called in real games?

IG: Set to 50....I just like it better, but it is more of a personal preference.

Issues:
  • Way too few broken tackles. Using Chicago, and in 4 games, Forte has ONE broken tackle despite leading the league in rushes. With the adjustments to KI/RTK, I think lower tackle settings might be possible. I have a feeling that roster adjustments might be needed to totally alleviate this statistical issue (and I am skeptical if that would even work); but the run game does feel good.
  • A handful too many sacks. I am second in the league through 4 games, so not crazy. I can live with it if it breaks the balance in other areas.
  • Too many WR drops on both sides (5 to 7 per game per team). I may move catching back up to 50 and possibly higher. May try adjusting Pass Block on CPU side to alleviate this and the sack issue.

Back to work for the week, but I wanted to provide my thoughts from the weekend.
As far back as I can remember broken tackles have never been accurate for the user, but more of a concern should be the rushing avg. I play with the Lions and Bush, and I personally break a decent amount of tackles, but at the end of the game it will say I have 1 BTK. It seems that only tackles that are broken, as far as the entire animation being played, and then a few more yards picked up after the broken tackle are even registered. You can even see this in stats if you look at your yards after contact, which for me with Bush are always respectable with the rest of the league, yet the BTK are way low. I really think it is more of a Madden registering the BTK in stats for the user issue than it is anything else. I have even had runs where I clearly run right through a guy (no tackle animation the guy just flops over) and ran for TDs and no BTK will be registered.

Also the drops thing, if you are comparing them to real life, is a Madden issue. In real life when a receiver catches a ball then gets blown up and drops it before the refs determine it was a an actual catch, that is not counted as a drop. Drops are actually highly subjective and the closest thing I can compare them to is errors in baseball. However, in Madden that is a drop and it leads to inflated drop numbers. I play with a slightly tweaked version of the front page sliders and the only drops I really see are these types of "forced" drops. I honestly cannot remember the last time I saw a guy in the open field just drop a pass, but without these drops completion %s would be out of control. Which leads to another thing to pay attention to is that if your stat line is 29-39 passing, and you had 6 drops, fixing even half those drops would put you at 32-39, which is obviously creating a new problem if that happens consistently. I am curious to try out your PI sliders, as I personally have never actually saw a PI penalty anyway, and if it leads to some tighter coverage and more actual defensed passes vs attempted INTs that would be great.

I have the game playing real well for me right now, but there are some things you just have to live with. In order to get a challenging game for me I am forced to live with high completion percentages for the CPU (typically hovering around 70%), because they simply use checkdowns way too often. Playing a zone on 3rd and 7 will often times result in a 5 yard pass with the defender lurking just behind to make the tackle before the first down. I also have to live with user sacks being a bit high, but I do believe a lot of this has to do with the lack of rushing attempts some teams have and I am testing with more balanced generic playbooks to see if this helps at all.

Regardless, the only way to alleviate some of these issues is with house rules, and simple things like using super sim for all special teams plays will help dramatically. What a lot of people do not realize is that something as small as special teams can swing the game drastically in your favor. The first year I played I did not super sim special teams and I led the NFL in punts inside the 20 (more than doubled the next closest guy with less than half the punts) and I missed 1 FG all year. I also led the league in touchbacks (once again this was not close), and I honestly could not recall a single big kick or punt return against me. The more I thought about it I could rarely remember any returns against me and I looked through my games to find that I had only allowed 6 kick returns and 9 punt returns all year. This resulted in me constantly winning the field position battle and skewing the entire game in my favor.

It is these types of small issues that help snowball everything else out of control, yet it is these issues that are rarely paid any attention to. In sliders everyone is looking to fix rushing averages, passing completions, and WR drops, but no one looks at how easy it is to outplay the CPU on special teams. When your average drive is starting on the 35 yard line, and the CPU is constantly starting within their own 20, it plays a huge role. I use a handful of house rules and it has went from me going 15-1 and winning a Super Bowl, to being second in the NFC North at 8-4 so far in my second year and my per game scoring down over 10 pts. If you guys really want challenging and closer to sim like results, you have to use more than just sliders to help level the playing field. No matter what the sliders people will find a way to beat them, and for some people it is hard to not go to that money play or scheme when they need it. Putting in house rules and forcing myself to stick to them has resulted in the most fun I have had in Madden probably since my PS2 days. I am sure house rules would also lead to more competitive and realistic games for 90% of the people that are having that issue, but it is definitely a hurdle to overcome for some people (as it was for me for many many years).
Old 01-13-2014, 09:58 PM   #454
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm definitely trying to find a medium on tackling 15 the pursuit kills the game so I am trying to find something where broken tackles still happen
Old 01-13-2014, 10:58 PM   #455
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
I'm definitely trying to find a medium on tackling 15 the pursuit kills the game so I am trying to find something where broken tackles still happen
I have been using 25 for user and 30 for CPU, and I see good results. Anything lower, as you said, makes it so easy to run that it destroys the game. The pursuit angles start to get so goofy, they can literally be next to you and will take an angle to tackle you 15 yards downfield. I give the CPU better tackle to slow down my run game and I still see WRs break tackles and break my share of decent runs. I am also finally starting to avg a more realistic 4-4.5 yard average with the tackle slider at 30, so I am hesitant to change it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #456
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefMixture
Just curious about what others are seeing in regards to CPU run vs. pass play selection. I have no idea if sliders have any affect on this. I personally see mostly passing plays by the CPU. The computer almost never runs more than 15 times a game vs me. If the CPU did, then this would partially solve the high interception and sack totals by human teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I notice is if the run is working, the CPU will stick with it. But if they get shut down early on, they tend to abandon it rather quickly. Pretty accurate portrayal of an NFL gameplan if you ask me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »