Home

User Pass Coverage Slider doesn't work

This is a discussion on User Pass Coverage Slider doesn't work within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 07:22 PM   #17
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: User Pass Coverage Slider doesn't work

The biggest issue I'm having is my players not playing their zones correctly and man-to-man coverage being so terrible. I've come to the conclusion that the CPU QB's completion percentages are consistently so high because on every play there's at least one and in most cases more receivers completely wide open. This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't so consistent and if the CPU defense wasn't a night and day difference between mine or if pushing the slider all the way to 100 actually fixed it.

I'll run Cover-2 and Cover-3 plays and the guys playing the flat zones are playing at the first down markers. The CPU players running the same coverage have their flat guys playing at or near the line of scrimmage. That makes me think it's a combination of the slider not working and certain things just not working correctly for the user.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Its still a bit theory and the reason why is that most of these sliders are affecting other aspects of the game.

There are a few that I have independently tested like CPU fumble. When raised it will cause the CPU RB to play more aggressive.

Defensive pass interference effects DB/WR separation. The higher the rating the greater the separation.

There have been mixed results with the Intentional Grounding slider but my tests have shown the CPU QB will release quicker and make faster choices with that slider set to 0.

Basically the sliders are all intertwined and jacked. Leaving a lot of us chasing placebo effects and trying to find what works and what doesn't...and why.

Its that bad, and like last year I don't expect EA to acknowledge the problem. Over the last 3 years it has just gotten worse and worse.

I can't even begin to imagine how good this game could be if the sliders worked and did exactly what they are supposed to do.
This is the main reason why I haven't enjoyed working sliders for HUman vs CPU gameplay the past few years...

There are all kinds of opinions and scenarios as to what each slider does now days.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-03-2014, 04:47 AM   #19
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

The biggest problem I'm having is calling plays and not having any faith what my players will do. I played a game against the Patriots earlier and their first play of the game I come out in man and they run a quick slant and take it 80. Watch the replay and the receiver breaks and then nearly a whole second later my corner reacts and by then he's already five yards behind the guy and can't catch him.

Then later in the game I call a Cover 3 on a 3rd and 7 and they throw a dump off to the flats and pick up the first down. I go back and watch the replay and the guy that was supposed to cover the flats didn't even move towards the flats. He took backpedaled a couple steps and sat like he was playing a hook zone at the first down marker.

Either the slider doesn't work or somehow the defensive improvements aren't applying to the User because the CPU plays D great. Their zones are tough and man is tight. They swarm to the ball and knockdown a ton of passes. Frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »