Home

Thoughts on some sliders at extremes

This is a discussion on Thoughts on some sliders at extremes within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #17
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Thoughts on some sliders at extremes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
I see no change in the CPU running game, related to lowering the fumble slider. That slider simply increases or decreases the chance of a fumble. Nothing more, nothing less. People may hate my slider set, but I have tested, and I have a pretty good idea at this point what works and what doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to burst your bubble SEC as I have mad respect for you, even though you probably don't know who I am.

Anyway, I have RB set to 0 on both sides with Fumbles set to 63 and the running game is so much better. They no longer get sucked into defenders because the CPU decides the runner has carried the ball far enough. From what I observe, if the RB has the BCV to do so, he will find and exploit holes in the defense. On the flip side I have tried numerous other ways with fumbles down, RB up, both at 0, both at 50, etc, etc. On all other settings I notice a lot of RBs getting yards because of weird tackle animation where everyone piles on top of each other and pushes the RB forward. Also losing yards because a the RB gets sucked into a defender. I noticed RBs running right into a defender on the right while running to the left and it looked like he skid over there. This usually happens after a quarter of decent YPC. With RB at 0 and Fumbles at 63, I notice none of that. I also have Tackles at 0 which I'm sure makes a difference. No longer does Alfred Morris plow through JJ Watt, not because of the Tackle slider but because of the combination of all three.

Again, just my observations and I have tested extensively over the years.

Btw threshold affects this too. It must be at 0 to get the correct disparity.

I'll be releasing a V.1 set here soon, so you'll all be able to prove me wrong
Old 11-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #18
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
What system are you playing on?
PS4 10 char
Old 11-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #19
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

This thread shows why I have all but given up on sliders. I put out a few sets but, haven't worked on things much at all for Madden 15. It's just not worth the headache or time anymore. We can't even agree on what they do because no one really knows. There are so many factors in play. CFM, Play now, practice. The player ratings. other sliders or penalties. What sliders do anything? It's really just ridiculous. Until EA gets serious about fixing sliders. Adding more sliders. making all of them work including penalties. I just can't waste anymore time on it. No one will figure it all out. No one.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
PS4 10 char
Care to sell your golden copy?

I'm on PS4 and never seen a holding call, tried it at 0, 50, 55, 100. I'll try it at 75 and see what happens.

Are you using special rosters?

How many fumbles do you see with tackling at 0 and Fumble at 63. Seems like this coupled with your 0 threshold would lead to a lot of long runs.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #21
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

I'm on PS4 and never seen a holding call, tried it at 0, 50, 55, 100. I'll try it at 75 and see what happens.

How many fumbles do you see with tackling at 0 and Fumble at 63. Seems like this coupled with your 0 threshold would lead to a lot of long runs.
I have played quite a few games with holding at 75 and 99 and see a couple of holding calls a game. Admittedly that's lower than real life but it's something.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #22
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:

I avg about 0.75 fumbles per game.

No special rosters.

I only get a few long runs with guys like Arian Foster, etc. It all evens out though as they'll get stuffed plenty. In the NFL, lots of guys get their AVG's from 2 or 3 good runs throughout a game, most of the other stuff is 2-4 yard carries and losses.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #23
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
Sorry to burst your bubble SEC as I have mad respect for you, even though you probably don't know who I am.

Anyway, I have RB set to 0 on both sides with Fumbles set to 63 and the running game is so much better. They no longer get sucked into defenders because the CPU decides the runner has carried the ball far enough. From what I observe, if the RB has the BCV to do so, he will find and exploit holes in the defense. On the flip side I have tried numerous other ways with fumbles down, RB up, both at 0, both at 50, etc, etc. On all other settings I notice a lot of RBs getting yards because of weird tackle animation where everyone piles on top of each other and pushes the RB forward. Also losing yards because a the RB gets sucked into a defender. I noticed RBs running right into a defender on the right while running to the left and it looked like he skid over there. This usually happens after a quarter of decent YPC. With RB at 0 and Fumbles at 63, I notice none of that. I also have Tackles at 0 which I'm sure makes a difference. No longer does Alfred Morris plow through JJ Watt, not because of the Tackle slider but because of the combination of all three.

Again, just my observations and I have tested extensively over the years.

Btw threshold affects this too. It must be at 0 to get the correct disparity.

I'll be releasing a V.1 set here soon, so you'll all be able to prove me wrong
When do you plan to post these? I'd love to give them a try. I have been using Josh's set and while the games have been very good, some of the best I've had in fact, I have noticed the RB getting sucked in effect.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 11-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #24
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
I have played quite a few games with holding at 75 and 99 and see a couple of holding calls a game. Admittedly that's lower than real life but it's something.
Heck I even get Encroachments calls and Illegal Use of Hands

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »