Home

Am I the only one playing on Pro?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one playing on Pro? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2015, 10:40 PM   #25
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Am I the only one playing on Pro?

I want to reiterate that, while I know football very well, I'm not an elite Madden Player. I'm probably not even great.

So, what I say is to be taken with a grain of salt. I don't overuse plays and I'm not great with the sticks.

That said, I experimented with the Chiefs (my buddies fav team) and the Bucs (my favorite team). I used both teams for several games/portions of games on All Pro Default. I was disappointed that McCoy for my Bucs and Ali and Houston for the Chiefs, were not disruptive like in real life.

Moved to Pro instead of tinkering with sliders on All Pro, and immediately saw those defensive players take control and be disruptive. That's all I needed to see.

Oddly, one of the teams I played against over and over was the Vikings. Peterson was so much more dangerous on Pro than on All Pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 11:35 PM   #26
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

I chose Denver because of the passing game. I also chose Pittsburgh because of their defense. When I say they were in the backfield on every play, they were in the backfield on every single "running" play. It's always two guys man powering my line and getting to me. I'm going to try Denver a few more times. OH, I forgot to mention. I used EVEN TEAMS. Thought I can tweak with sliders that way. Figured if I can come up with a balance on even teams, then with normal play it would even itself out. Maybe I should do it without EVEN TEAMS.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:36 PM   #27
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Wow names like Bill Harris brings back good memories and you as well Playmakers if you need atester for a coach mode set u got one enjoy the game guys
Old 08-29-2015, 12:52 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Am I the only one playing on Pro?

Finally settled in for some gaming.

Currently coaching DET @ CHI (me). Tied at 10 and everything looks GREAT on default PRO.

They're even moving the ball effectively on the ground.

But, I'll also point out that I'm a team building coach and rely on my coordinators (coach suggestions) to make the play calls.

Additionally I don't audible as a player on the field would make those checks and that's not my role as coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-29-2015 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:14 AM   #29
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Just played a game on pro default , speed diff down to 10 on normal speed. I am a coach mode player also and make very little adjustment on the field. I do take over on the sticks on offense once a player breaks into the open a little and I do control a defensive player. I guess the way I play can best be described as a tweener.

I love the flow of the action on the field using pro, just seems more like football. The game ended up being 17-13 cards over the g men but again it was close the whole game.

The running game seemed very natural. The passing seems just as good and felt like the QBs were really changing up the types of throws depending on the situation. Saw Palmer try to lay one out to the slot going down the seem only to get hammered by the safety jarring the ball out.

The line play seems very fluid as well. Lots of hand fighting going on and a variety of pockets forming in different areas of the line.

One awesome occurrence that happened twice and both times I took advantage. Manning (me) was in the pocket finding no one, decides to step up and out of the pocket on his own, and that's when I decide to take off and run. I don't control QBs unless they start to move on their own in which manning did twice for me. Will def try another game on pro!
Old 08-29-2015, 01:57 AM   #30
Pro

Ankido's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
Wow names like Bill Harris brings back good memories and you as well Playmakers if you need atester for a coach mode set u got one enjoy the game guys
You can count Nolefan in there too. A lot of old schoolers I see here. I miss Bill. I'm going to email him and see what he's doing. Last couple of Maddens he told me he gave up. Hopefully he can join in on the mix and see if he can help. The guy does sliders with science. Had me using a stop watch and everything including physics.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:42 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

I try to play madden just like the classic tecmo bowl!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 06:04 AM   #32
Pro

Ankido's Arena

Alright guys here we go. I have some All Pro sliders. I couldn't work with pro. No matter what I did wit the sliders they just seem like idiots on the field.

I had rules.
No sprint
No switch
Playmaker catching optional. It's part of the game. Mostly used aggressive. You need that for sideline passing.

Speed is normal with parity at 50. Will try to work with slow. 12 min quarters with 15 run clock. Here are the results of my game. You stat geeks tell me if I got this right. I did not use bread and butter plays. I allowed the coach to give me options. It was a defensive game for me. I made some stupid plays and cost the game. I lost but it was by far the best game of madden I've played so far this year.

I'm not great at defense and some of you might be amazing. I also hate picking plays. I let coach do it for more excitement. The rules are best used for simulation. You don't need to use anything but the left stick. The 3 INT's, they were legit. Bad mistakes, good coverage and both teams capitalized. One of my picks was a TD because I had clear daylight to the endzone. I never used sprint. They did catch up at the end but it was close. Might have to adjust parity if that's the case.

BTW, it's crazy how I averaged 4.7 with Anderson and his real life stats show 4.7 average. lmfao

Pittsburgh Steelers at Denver Broncos
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Pittsburgh Steelers ()3107323
Denver Broncos ()0107017
Team Stats Comparison
PITDEN
Total Offense389288
Rushing Yards129119
Passing Yards260169
First Downs1415
Punt Return Yards128
Kick Return Yards18141
Total Yards419437
Turnovers3(0)3 (0)
3rd Down Converstion
4th Down Conversion
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals
Penalties
Posession Time23:2424:36
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B.Roethlisberger3026713
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
L.Bell181015.61
D.Williams4143.50
B.Roethlisberger3144.60
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
A.Brown7659.21
M.Wheaton47117.70
M.Bryant39933.00
H.Miller252.50
S.coates11010.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
M.Spaeth30
M.Gilber01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
R.Shazier4010
C.Heyward3100
S.Thomas3010
S.Tuitt2000
J.Harris2100
Denver Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
P.Manning3018703
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
C.Anderson21994.71
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D.Thomas36521.60
V.Green34615.30
A.Caldwell2136.50
E.Sanders11515.00
J.Casey13737.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
L.Vasquez10
R.Harris01
C.Clark01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
V.Miller61.000
D.Stewart60.000
C.Harris Jr.30.021
T.Ward30.000
B.Roby20.010

Last edited by Ankido; 08-29-2015 at 06:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »