Home

Deleting the tuner?

This is a discussion on Deleting the tuner? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2015, 07:53 PM   #9
Rookie

JCLII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Deleting the tuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Once you delete it you dont have to keep deleting it. However, each time you turn on the game you will get a prompt to either download it again or refuse it. i just refuse it and move on. It does not automatically download after you delete it the first time, which is nice.
Great. Thanks a bunch. Amazing that EA posted something that makes their game play worse.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2015, 08:43 PM   #10
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I am only going to post this one more time as I don't want to be redundant.

After DL the patch I proceeded to play a CFM game. Bears at Packers (me).

In the first quarter and a half Jay Cutler would just take off as soon as he dropped back and have a turbo charged burst.

It was ridiculous, and flat out buggy and wrong. The game never ever had this kind of QB play pre-patch post tuner or even pre tuner. It was obvious something was wrong.

I went ahead and deleted the tuner and fired up the same exact game.

Night and day. I had over 40 viewers watching this stream late last night and we played the entire game and Cutler scrambled just one time and it made sense and there was no super charged turbo take off.....he had Peppers in his face on a goaline slant play and he took off appropriately.

Trust me when I tell you....something is not jiving when you DL the new patch in combination with the tuner.

So if you want to play H2H online or draft champions or MUT.....yes you need the tuner. It only takes seconds to DL. But when you want to play the CPU in your CFM...simply delete it.

Until a new patch arrives or a second tuner or whatever...EA needs to look into this ASAP. QB AI/pocket awareness and game speed when they scramble or get happy feet is bugged in combination with the tuner and the latest patch. The game is simply off and a hot mess with the tuner and patch combination. It is simply a different game IMO.

Now a fellow OS'er (Hoos) informed me he re-downloaded the tuner after DL the patch, and the game feels great after three games.

I am going to test this as well and report back. But for now I highly suggest you delete the tuner (which only addresed the dice roll result of one on one aggressive catch results) and it was truly intended for H2H play and the spamming of the aggressive catch going deep. I never found anything OP with aggressive catch playing the CPU and not user catching.....or even user catching. It is fine vs the CPU without the tuner.

Bottom line is.....delete it and find out for yourself if you have been seeing this ridiculous QB play like I did. It was so obvious something was off. And it is crystal clear how it is fine without the tuner.

The patch is fine. It fixed some of the CFM bugs, commentary lines about the QB coming back from injury etc. The tuner is the culprit in how the game is off post patch. It has nothing to do with confidence or anything of the sort.
Armor, I read in your slider thread that you had redownloaded the tuner and the game was playing fine but that you needed additional testing before you could fully endorse it. Have you since decided to proceed with out it? Thanks!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 09-16-2015, 07:34 AM   #11
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBlue
And oddly enough he did some running in the real game yesterday. Hmmm.
If you would have seen how the QB behaved when i played the game live on twitch you would not be such a wise *** in your remarks. I sent the stream to EA because it was so glitchy and not natural nor organic like it had been.

I dont mind at all seeing QB's scramble. It was the glitchy manner in how he scrambled. It was erratic AI behavior, with turbo jet powered take offs from the pocket without ever letting the play develop. We are talking 3 step drop...take off. It was glitched.

Those who know me here, know I am the farthest thing from an anal rententive alarmist when it comes to video games, espeically sports games. I am usually the last guy to be stomping my feet about percieved bugs and things that are not right.

In any case I re-installed the tuner on top if the patch and since doing that the game is playing as it did pre patch. I have played 14 games now in CFM since trying this.

Something did not jive when you intially downloaded the patch on top of the tuner.

Many thanks to Hoos for bringing this to my attention.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-16-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #12
Banned

[quote=Armor and Sword;2047670001]If you would have seen how the QB behaved when i played the game live on twitch you would not be such a wise *** in your remarks. I sent the stream to EA because it was so glitchy and not natural nor organic like it had been.

quote]

Uh..yea...

You tube is great so the rest of us can see it and compare it to our own experience with the game. I'm not seeing it, but I'm not saying the animations look organic when players attempt to evade either, but it is what it is.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:36 AM   #13
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

[quote=PBlue;2047670191]
Quote:
If you would have seen how the QB behaved when i played the game live on twitch you would not be such a wise *** in your remarks. I sent the stream to EA because it was so glitchy and not natural nor organic like it had been.

quote]

Uh..yea...

You tube is great so the rest of us can see it and compare it to our own experience with the game. I'm not seeing it, but I'm not saying the animations look organic when players attempt to evade either, but it is what it is.

Yeah my point was this years game CPU QB AI is vastly improved from 15. And what I saw was a 180 pre patch post tuner. But like I said after I reinstalled the tuner I have not seen it since.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-16-2015, 09:47 AM   #14
Banned

[quote=Armor and Sword;2047670268]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBlue

Yeah my point was this years game CPU QB AI is vastly improved from 15. And what I saw was a 180 pre patch post tuner. But like I said after I reinstalled the tuner I have not seen it since.
Is this XBOX or PS4. Not trying to create a debate, but I have the PS4 and see none of these niggly things that I see reported, i.e. Cutler running like a fool (like real life), System freeze, etc.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

[quote=PBlue;2047670302]
Quote:
Is this XBOX or PS4. Not trying to create a debate, but I have the PS4 and see none of these niggly things that I see reported, i.e. Cutler running like a fool (like real life), System freeze, etc.
I use the PlayStation 4 I have not had any freezing problems again when I downloaded the patch I saw very quirky quarterback play after I deleted the tuner and then reinstalled it it has not come back since
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 02:39 AM   #16
All Star

I am going to have to try this to see if things go back to the way the game used to play. I have only played 3 games with the patch because I have not had internet for the most part for almost 3 weeks having it fixed but haven't yet. I have played 3 games post patch and the CPU has gotten like 300, 250 and 280 yards on the ground in the 3 games and guys cant tackle at all now. I thought it was the patch only to see people saying that the tuner made the game worse so maybe it was not the patch but the tuner. Right now I fell like the patch brook the game but hopefully it was just the tuner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »