JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2016, 04:31 PM   #9
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Plays really well on default but here is my early input on what could use tweaking.

-lack of penalties.
-too many sacks.
-too many QB fumbles on sacks.
-QB accuracy is too high.
Let's be very careful with these kind of statements (especially since I imagine no one has built up a meaningful number of games in CFM with a variety of teams in this game). You can't use stats to drive slider changes. Context is far more important.

Why are there too many sacks? Too much block shed? Holding onto ball too long? Coverage too tight?

Why is QB accuracy too high? Every throw on target? Coverage too loose? Coverage too tight, causing them to check-down too often? What were ratings/traits/schemes?
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:35 PM   #10
MVP
 
Hunkerdown's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,396
Blog Entries: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Awesome, hopefully get some more testing tonight. Sacks?? Not sure what madden game he is playing? haha testing in CFM please for this thread, not play now.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
__________________
XBOX GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch Broadcast: Hunkerdownuga

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Hunkerdown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:44 PM   #11
Member of Rush Nation
 
CujoMatty's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,589
Blog Entries: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Let's be very careful with these kind of statements (especially since I imagine no one has built up a meaningful number of games in CFM with a variety of teams in this game). You can't use stats to drive slider changes. Context is far more important.

Why are there too many sacks? Too much block shed? Holding onto ball too long? Coverage too tight?

Why is QB accuracy too high? Every throw on target? Coverage too loose? Coverage too tight, causing them to check-down too often? What were ratings/traits/schemes?
I don't care the context 10 sacks a game shouldn't happen 3 games in a row on all pro.
CPU accuracy at 27 bortles went 12 for 15 got hurt then henne went 13 for 15.
I have the full game so I'm well past my 10 hour access. So in 9 games I've had similar results in all.
I've also stated that sliders are subjective because people play different and teams are different. I even stated that I might just suck.
But what I'm trying to do is be helpful pointing out things I've noticed in my time so slider makers can use the info to widen there base of information.

And honestly everything I've listed are pretty well known legacy issues . Is it hard to believe they might be present this year? I love the game so far but sliders will be needed. I promise you that.

In no way am I claiming these as the end all results for everyone.

__________________
2016 NLL Champion Saskatchewan Rush

Last edited by CujoMatty; 08-20-2016 at 09:00 PM.
CujoMatty is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2016, 08:47 PM   #12
Member of Rush Nation
 
CujoMatty's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,589
Blog Entries: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Awesome, hopefully get some more testing tonight. Sacks?? Not sure what madden game he is playing? haha testing in CFM please for this thread, not play now.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I'm 9 games in 15 minute quarters in cfm.
__________________
2016 NLL Champion Saskatchewan Rush
CujoMatty is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:58 PM   #13
Member of Rush Nation
 
CujoMatty's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,589
Blog Entries: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I'll be more specific though.
The sacks are a result of the CPU holding the ball way too long. So you can increase the pass block which I did(60) and it cuts back the sack numbers(had 4 last game all CPU controlled teammates) but now with not as much pressure the CPU really holds the ball too long. the CPU is just way too accurate even at 27 accuracy. I think that tighter coverage might be the answer though because I tried accuracy at 25 and it wasn't good. 50% pass completion numbers.
Anyways I'll try and be more specific I'm just not a slider guy but trying to help the guys that are with feedback.
__________________
2016 NLL Champion Saskatchewan Rush
CujoMatty is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:50 PM   #14
I hate you Norv
 
tdawg3782's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,862
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I'll be more specific though.
The sacks are a result of the CPU holding the ball way too long. So you can increase the pass block which I did(60) and it cuts back the sack numbers(had 4 last game all CPU controlled teammates) but now with not as much pressure the CPU really holds the ball too long. the CPU is just way too accurate even at 27 accuracy. I think that tighter coverage might be the answer though because I tried accuracy at 25 and it wasn't good. 50% pass completion numbers.
Anyways I'll try and be more specific I'm just not a slider guy but trying to help the guys that are with feedback.
I can attest to the QB holding the ball way to long and not getting rid of it. That is how I've seen most of the sacks in the games I've played in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________
Twitch Broadcast Link
www.twitch.tv/tdawg3782


NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

tdawg3782 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:55 PM   #15
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I'll be more specific though.
The sacks are a result of the CPU holding the ball way too long. So you can increase the pass block which I did(60) and it cuts back the sack numbers(had 4 last game all CPU controlled teammates) but now with not as much pressure the CPU really holds the ball too long. the CPU is just way too accurate even at 27 accuracy. I think that tighter coverage might be the answer though because I tried accuracy at 25 and it wasn't good. 50% pass completion numbers.
Anyways I'll try and be more specific I'm just not a slider guy but trying to help the guys that are with feedback.
I wasn't trying to come across as a prick or anything, but making a point that many people need to understand....the why is more important than the what...

That said, now we are getting somewhere...they are holding the ball too long. Now, when that happens, why? I'd bet money that coverage is a tad too good. Running at default and merely dropping dpi may be all that is needed.

We will see how it shakes out.

One question, who have you been using in your test CFM?
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:16 PM   #16
All Star
 
therizing02's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Downtown Chi-Town
Posts: 5,181
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I wasn't trying to come across as a prick or anything, but making a point that many people need to understand....the why is more important than the what...

That said, now we are getting somewhere...they are holding the ball too long. Now, when that happens, why? I'd bet money that coverage is a tad too good. Running at default and merely dropping dpi may be all that is needed.

We will see how it shakes out.

One question, who have you been using in your test CFM?
I get what's going on here with your response, Josh and it's appreciated. It's straight up comical to read "impressions" after 1 or 2 games and read what needs to be changed. Even more comical is people getting the game and changing sliders before they even play one game! It'd be great if sliders were patched in about two weeks after the game ships to force people to at least give a new game a chance.
therizing02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.

Top -