Home

Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 09:28 AM   #625
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
The CPU

I just don't want to start gashing the defnese, just prefer 1-3 yard runs
Personally I think 47 tak for cpu is dead on. Hum rblk 52 works perfect for me. About 4.1 ypc.....At 50 rblk, I was about 3.8 ypc.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 06:45 PM   #626
Rookie

LakeshowNation's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yep, Fatigue at 60, and yep, the O linemen will come out occasionally when your drive gets into double digits, but I don't mind that, seeing as O linemen don't get hurt of course, so I like to see the back ups have to play in some pressure situations sometimes.

Do the O linemen backups play in those situations in real life? I like the sound of your sub/fatigue settings by the way. Sounds like you may have pulled off a miracle! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #627
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeshowNation
Do the O linemen backups play in those situations in real life? I like the sound of your sub/fatigue settings by the way. Sounds like you may have pulled off a miracle! Haha

IRL, no they do not. Basically the only time O linemen come off the field is for injury purposes.

The auto subs have been broken in CFM for years, so some people choose getting the realistic rotation they like at RB at the expense of unrealistic O line subbing. As was mentioned, this can be a way to artificially create a need for o line depth, since yet another broken facet of Madden is the fact that o linemen never get injured.

I, on the other hand, have skinned the O line depth issue in another fashion, as I abhor the O line subs in game.

Pick your poison and hope EA ups their game in the near future!
Old 09-12-2016, 10:01 PM   #628
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
IRL, no they do not. Basically the only time O linemen come off the field is for injury purposes.

The auto subs have been broken in CFM for years, so some people choose getting the realistic rotation they like at RB at the expense of unrealistic O line subbing. As was mentioned, this can be a way to artificially create a need for o line depth, since yet another broken facet of Madden is the fact that o linemen never get injured.

I, on the other hand, have skinned the O line depth issue in another fashion, as I abhor the O line subs in game.

Pick your poison and hope EA ups their game in the near future!

Yea I can't do a setting that has my OL sub out. Also NFL RB's don't really sub out because of fatigue. It's a scheme thing. So I just use formation subs in game or from the CFM to do that if I want.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:13 AM   #629
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

If you have an extra $100 laying around get NFL game pass and watch the All 22 coaches film. Really shows you a lot more than a broadcast. Helps me with sliders

Old 09-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #630
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
If you have an extra $100 laying around get NFL game pass and watch the All 22 coaches film. Really shows you a lot more than a broadcast. Helps me with sliders

I'm lucky enough to get it for free with my Ravens season tickets. I love it. The coaches film is really cool, its also really cool to watch a full game in 45 minutes with the condensed option.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:25 PM   #631
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

I made a few small changes based on the stats of the first 3 preseason games I played.

The plays where right on average of 121 per game. So 15 min quarters with 15 sec run off works great.

My team had 5.5 average yards per play. My passing was 7.3 per attempt. Rushing was 3.5 yards per carry.

63% completions

The CPU averaged 7 yards per play. 7.7 yards per pass attempt. 6.2 yards per carry.

69% completion.

So based on that I decided to

Raise user run block to 55
Raise user coverage to 60
Raise user tackling to 55

I'm lowering CPU pass block to 10
Lowering CPU run block to 37.

Be sure to test on Franchise mode. Play now plays easier.

These are tuned for franchise mode

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 03:05 PM   #632
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I made a few small changes based on the stats of the first 3 preseason games I played.

The plays where right on average of 121 per game. So 15 min quarters with 15 sec run off works great.

My team had 5.5 average yards per play. My passing was 7.3 per attempt. Rushing was 3.5 yards per carry.

63% completions

The CPU averaged 7 yards per play. 7.7 yards per pass attempt. 6.2 yards per carry.

69% completion.

So based on that I decided to

Raise user run block to 55
Raise user coverage to 60
Raise user tackling to 55

I'm lowering CPU pass block to 10
Lowering CPU run block to 37.

Be sure to test on Franchise mode. Play now plays easier.

These are tuned for franchise mode

I am seeing the exact same slider changes needed as you just mentioned, so I am glad (for my sake) you affirmed my observations. Granted, my sample size has been small, but those were the things that jumped out at me. The only one I personally may hold off on is CPU pass block. I have been getting an acceptable hurries and sacks with it at 15.

My biggest issue right now, aside from more penalty calls and all the usual legacy broken item work arounds, is the LB play. It is absolutely atrocious. Lack of aggression and horrid pursuit angles really screw up the run game success on both sides. I don't think it can be slidered away. Probably have to hope EA notices and can patch it up.

Thanks for the great work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »