Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #3201
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
My problem with the green set is that there are absolutely no penalties called.
Then adjust penalty sliders ?? Lol 🤓
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #3202
Rookie

skillz25's Arena

I recently played the most competitive game so far with Madden 18 using the All Madden purple set. I was the Giants playing against the Eagles in my franchise CFM. I'm normally prefer All Pro to All Madden because of the AM "cheese", but I was winning too easily with the two AP sets. There were some small issues such as zero penalties for both teams, but I did play with the default penalty settings of 50. Are the custom penalty settings recommended for All Madden or just stick to default? Also, I had about 8 sacks, which I felt was too many. None of them were "QB statue sacks", but the CPU did hold the ball too long on some of them when they could have scrambled earlier to avoid the pressure. Maybe the custom penalties will help with sacks or should I just increase cpu pass blocking?

As you see below, the running game was non-existent for both teams, although both teams have good defensive lines. I plan to leave run blocking the same next game for both the user and CPU.

Lastly, I did the CPU game planning where I did red zone offense and defense for them. This was the first game I did that for the CPU. But I must say that I won't do it again. The play selection was horrible in comparison to the game where I did not do CPU game planning. About 60% - 70% of the CPU offensive play calls were Trips formation all game long. In the 1st quarter all they did was Verticals and that is where I got most of my sacks. In the 2nd quarter they finally started calling different plays, but it was still Trips formation. For the next two quarters, they mixed it up some more, but it was still about 40% Trips formation.

Any tips/comments/recommendations are more than welcome? And thanks to all for the great work on the sliders and testing them.

Here are the stats:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stats1.jpg (55.6 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg stats2.jpg (61.3 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg stats3.jpg (61.7 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg stats4.jpg (62.7 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg stats5.jpg (62.5 KB, 86 views)
Old 10-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #3203
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz25
I recently played the most competitive game so far with Madden 18 using the All Madden purple set. I was the Giants playing against the Eagles in my franchise CFM. I'm normally prefer All Pro to All Madden because of the AM "cheese", but I was winning too easily with the two AP sets. There were some small issues such as zero penalties for both teams, but I did play with the default penalty settings of 50. Are the custom penalty settings recommended for All Madden or just stick to default? Also, I had about 8 sacks, which I felt was too many. None of them were "QB statue sacks", but the CPU did hold the ball too long on some of them when they could have scrambled earlier to avoid the pressure. Maybe the custom penalties will help with sacks or should I just increase cpu pass blocking?

As you see below, the running game was non-existent for both teams, although both teams have good defensive lines. I plan to leave run blocking the same next game for both the user and CPU.

Lastly, I did the CPU game planning where I did red zone offense and defense for them. This was the first game I did that for the CPU. But I must say that I won't do it again. The play selection was horrible in comparison to the game where I did not do CPU game planning. About 60% - 70% of the CPU offensive play calls were Trips formation all game long. In the 1st quarter all they did was Verticals and that is where I got most of my sacks. In the 2nd quarter they finally started calling different plays, but it was still Trips formation. For the next two quarters, they mixed it up some more, but it was still about 40% Trips formation.

Any tips/comments/recommendations are more than welcome? And thanks to all for the great work on the sliders and testing them.

Here are the stats:
I usually recommend default penalties for All-Madden, only because it seems more Penalties will be called on you, especially in crucial moments. It doesn't feel balanced and fair but you can use whatever Penalties you like.

I wouldnt judge off one game, one game I'll have 9 sacks, the next I'll have 2. Unless you want to be adjusting Sliders after every game. I would just raise CPU pass block a little, find a comfortable spot. There's a randomness to Madden, so one game it seems nothing goes your way, then the next game you're dominating.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #3204
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Then adjust penalty sliders ?? Lol 🤓
The penalty sliders do not work properly. If you max some of them out you will only see a handful if any called.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #3205
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
The penalty sliders do not work properly. If you max some of them out you will only see a handful if any called.

I’ve only seen that for defensive holding

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #3206
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I disagree. Only penalties you don't see are "Late hit out of bounds" and "defensive holding".

Edit: too bad they didn't add "Chop Block", "Hit on defenseless player", "Helmet to Helmet"

Last edited by Flazko; 10-12-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:38 PM   #3207
Rookie

I'm so torn between the purple and the $$. $$ plays great but I miss 50 speed parity. One time I went 19/28 for like 104 yards and still won 31-7 thanks to some turnovers, but talk about game of inches haha. Another thing I like about purple set is the collapsing pocket for both sides. Keeps you on your toes as QB and forces some more errant passes by the CPU.

But the $$ set plays so well and I see almost no cheese. Can't make up my mind
Old 10-12-2017, 04:39 PM   #3208
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPantsHess
I'm so torn between the purple and the $$. $$ plays great but I miss 50 speed parity. One time I went 19/28 for like 104 yards and still won 31-7 thanks to some turnovers, but talk about game of inches haha. Another thing I like about purple set is the collapsing pocket for both sides. Keeps you on your toes as QB and forces some more errant passes by the CPU.

But the $$ set plays so well and I see almost no cheese. Can't make up my mind
I use Money Set but I have my personal modifications. One is using Speed Parity at 50. Would you like to know the rest?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »