Home

Statistics in sliders-Madden18

This is a discussion on Statistics in sliders-Madden18 within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2017, 09:46 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Statistics in sliders-Madden18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode4MVP
How did you arrive at the Human QB ACC number? What routes did you test to come to this conclusion?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Human QB accuracy is just setup to make it hard for me to kill the AI with deep passes and get 500yd games with 80% completion. You should definitely adjust it to get whatever works for you. The CPU QB slider was based on incompletions on 45 passes: 20 short, 15 med, 10 deep without the Defense to get a percent that was correct once reduced by an estimated 5 deflections per game and after WR drops were adjusted. This was initially lower but in game testing moved it up since defensive pressure forced more incompletions. This was done last year and seemed the same this year so I didn't retest it.

The big problem in the game this year and last year is way too many quarterback sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 06:13 PM   #26
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Like two years ago, the sack issue is more about QB AI. Since it worked correctly last year, here is hoping they can get it fixed again this year.

That said, I have seen some others suggest the sacks are mitigated in part by lowering pass blocking, under the theory that "statue mode" happens when the QB has too much time in the pocket, and "forgets" about the pass rush while searching through covered receivers; with the pass rush coming harder, the AI QB has fewer opportunities to enter "statue mode."
Old 09-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #27
Pro

QB pass rush and sacks should be easy to test. I'll post that sometime this week.

From my play testing outside of sacks I am getting realistic numbers overall but the CPU run game and penalties are wonky. Some of the run game is that I know how to play call and runs seem fine against cover 2 but not against real run defenses. I will be adjusting the sliders on the front page.

Also I don't see any holding this year.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:51 PM   #28
Pro

Correction I got Holdin at realistic to high calls at 80

Also I ran pass blocking in games with dimming my offense so I could rapidly test the AI. After 4 games at 0 and 100 the results are:

Pass block 0 = 6-7 sacks per game
Pass block 50 = 5-6 sacks per game
Pass block 100 = 2-3 sacks per game

The pass block slider works as it is suppose to. With that said the AI does scramble more on 0 than 100 with more "statue sacks" at 100. While visually that may matter in game play terms scrambling and getting sacked more often is not better than standing still and getting sacked less. I may actually be increasing my pass block to 90-100 range based on these results.

I may also retest pass coverage. Since NCAA open receivers reduce coverage sacks more than anything else but too high makes the game look wired. The main issue is no CPU AI to throw the ball away correctly or check down.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:28 PM   #29
Pro

Updated after simming offense and running defense several times. Front page updated. Will play a season now and then update
Old 09-28-2017, 06:19 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

I decided to give your settings a go in my CFM. With a little tweaking, they are working out pretty good. But with injuries at 43, im going to have to start recruiting Crusty The Clown, and a bunch of Disney Characters to fill out my roster, and im only in week 4. I lost 4 Rb's in 2 weeks, and thats just the start of it. Are you seeing a lot of injuries at this setting?
Old 09-29-2017, 06:51 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog Frank
I decided to give your settings a go in my CFM. With a little tweaking, they are working out pretty good. But with injuries at 43, im going to have to start recruiting Crusty The Clown, and a bunch of Disney Characters to fill out my roster, and im only in week 4. I lost 4 Rb's in 2 weeks, and thats just the start of it. Are you seeing a lot of injuries at this setting?
I see about 3-4 a game per team but most are minor. I’ll watch. If it’s too much I’ll increase. It’s not final yet but I’m upping QB acc to 35 for now. None elite QB were throwing 40% consistently.

Last edited by Oraeon1224; 09-29-2017 at 11:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 11:05 PM   #32
Pro

You were right. Changing injury to 35

Last edited by Oraeon1224; 09-29-2017 at 11:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »