Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2018, 06:01 PM   #849
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I can’t cover the middle of the field either, especially in man coverage. The moment the cpu wr makes his cut he gets like an extra speed burst
Guys, I had this same problem too.
First, a speed threshold of 10 to my eye makes all the difference so receivers aren’t so wide open.

Second, and I’ve done all the experiments, your pass coverage at 1 means terrible coverage.
Your reaction time at 1 means the ball will doink off a player’s head before he ever intercepts it.

I love Matt’s work on his sliders, and I’m simply giving this as advice so you can tailor sliders to your liking.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:14 PM   #850
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLightning3
Funny that y'all are talking about Mahomes. I'm about to play the Chiefs in my Oilers franchise. Streaming Week 6 Version 12 All-Madden here http://www.youtube.com/slickescobar

Yea this robo QB is ridiculous. And the lack of pass rush with the front four hurts as well. My CBs just don't stick to the receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2018, 06:18 PM   #851
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog00003
Guys, I had this same problem too.

First, a speed threshold of 10 to my eye makes all the difference so receivers aren’t so wide open.

Second, and I’ve done all the experiments, your pass coverage at 1 means terrible coverage.

Your reaction time at 1 means the ball will doink off a player’s head before he ever intercepts it.

I love Matt’s work on his sliders, and I’m simply giving this as advice so you can tailor sliders to your liking.

I actually notice at 1 it’s harder for me to throw against the cpu and my coverage vs the cpu is better

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 06:20 PM   #852
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I actually notice at 1 it’s harder for me to throw against the cpu and my coverage vs the cpu is better

User coverage against the slant and out routes have always been terrible in Madden. Anyone know what's the extreme value I can set to have my coverage tighter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2018, 06:23 PM   #853
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

People wait week after week for an absolute perfect slider set. They want 60 % completion percentage from both QBs. 100 yards rushing each team. Realistic tackles for a MLB. Not too many ints but don’t want stone hands either. No high scoring games but don’t want to not be able to score bc that’s boring.

Reality is this is still a video game. If you’re waiting to have all your stats completely perfect you’re not going to play more than 4 games before you restart every single time. Eventually people need to just play the game and enjoy it because slideritis is the worst. No set will be perfect. Matt, armor, flazko etc can only fix EAs **** so much and you have to tailor it to the way you play and skill set

Old 08-24-2018, 06:27 PM   #854
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
People wait week after week for an absolute perfect slider set. They want 60 % completion percentage from both QBs. 100 yards rushing each team. Realistic tackles for a MLB. Not too many ints but don’t want stone hands either. No high scoring games but don’t want to not be able to score bc that’s boring.

Reality is this is still a video game. If you’re waiting to have all your stats completely perfect you’re not going to play more than 4 games before you restart every single time. Eventually people need to just play the game and enjoy it because slideritis is the worst. No set will be perfect. Matt, armor, flazko etc can only fix EAs **** so much and you have to tailor it to the way you play and skill set

Agree. I'm of the opinion that real-life sports would be very boring if every single game played to its respective league average. You have some high scoring games, some defensive, low-scoring games, and some that fall in-between. That's what an average represents - not the fact that every game should play out with similar stats. Reality doesn't do that, and neither should the game.

And the only way you'll know what the "norm" is for a slider set you're using is to PLAY THE GAME. A lot.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:27 PM   #855
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

These issues will only appear if you don't use the sliders exactly as I post them. It's really unfortunate because that makes me look like a control freak, but it's not by choice at all, however the values posted are how they were tested.

Remember, all sliders are relative to one another. If you don't put a value on or off, or the exact given value, you're not going to get the results that were tested in.

These are not personal preferences, so please read through the OP and make sure it is set up exactly as posted.

If you're having specific issues, then there needs to be more information provided.

So far, the only real concern is the CPU RB game. I'm looking at addressing that tonight. Some things I can't control though, but it definitely does not mean I won't test to limit them.

Thanks again for feedback. Please look over the OP. If you continue to have issues, post a video and give more context. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 07:12 PM   #856
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stihl
What plays are you picking? How is your o-line? I’ve played 3 games so far on AM with these new settings and running for 100 yds hasn’t been an issue.

I pick the chess piece plays

I admit some interceptions are my fault. Others are not

I mean I will be passing to my open receiver and by the time the ball gets there a defender that's not even near my WR magically appears in front of the WR for an INT on a play that I clearly had enough room to throw to reciever

Its irritating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »