Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2019, 08:22 AM   #81
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Slider Update Log

7/31/19 - This value is one that addresses the marking of the receivers by the DBs/LBs. I'm reluctant to change it because I did not want to adjust penalties, but seeing the constant space the receivers are getting, they need to be met with resistance. It addresses one of the many discrepancies that the MM and CFM menu have. This alone could suggest why there are so many out of sync plays in coverage. I do not plan on going down the rabbit hole of penalties. I know they can do plenty of good things, but can also affect many others.

Defensive Holding (Only in CFM Menu): 45 (prev: 50)

• Dropping this value a tad because it will mean defensive holding doesn't get called as much, which it wasn't to begin with, but now the defenders will hold on just a little bit longer onto the receivers. This improves the DB/LB/WR/TE interaction to such a better level, which then makes the passing sequence even more important, but be sure that, depending on rating, the receiver will not have acres of space constantly.

Disregard this post. Read something wrong and asked a question I already figured out on my own

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 09:58 AM   #82
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

If I’ve been trying all pro can I drop defensive holding on that difficulty as well? Assuming the penalty slider decrease wouldn’t matter if you were on AP or AM

Old 07-31-2019, 10:00 AM   #83
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
If I’ve been trying all pro can I drop defensive holding on that difficulty as well? Assuming the penalty slider decrease wouldn’t matter if you were on AP or AM

Yeah, no issues with that. I'll be working on the AP set once I feel good about AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:37 AM   #84
Rookie

I usually use your sliders, but getting the game early through Access Premier left me to fend for myself. I play 15 minute quarters with the auto runoff set to 15, which usually allows for around 100-120 snaps. I’m more concerned about having challenging, competitive games with realistic stats than anything else.

Where I found myself having exciting games was with pass blocking left at 50, pass coverage and reaction time cranked up to around 80. This gave both sides more time in the pocket to take downfield shots, but helped the coverage still be pretty tight. I do wonder if I’m cranking the sliders too far to feel the difference between good and bad players.

I played my first game with your V2 set last night and felt that the passing was way too wide open. The Cowboys are pretty good and the Giants are pretty bad, granted, but I was able to roll off 600 yards of offense and 62 points, with Dak easily eclipsing 400 yards, 4 TDs, and 80% completions. Eli was ~24/30 for ~120 yards, not once going downfield.

I’m going to give it another shot today with V3, but just wanted to pass along my findings in case they’re somewhat helpful to the cause.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:47 AM   #85
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncook06
I usually use your sliders, but getting the game early through Access Premier left me to fend for myself. I play 15 minute quarters with the auto runoff set to 15, which usually allows for around 100-120 snaps. I’m more concerned about having challenging, competitive games with realistic stats than anything else.

Where I found myself having exciting games was with pass blocking left at 50, pass coverage and reaction time cranked up to around 80. This gave both sides more time in the pocket to take downfield shots, but helped the coverage still be pretty tight. I do wonder if I’m cranking the sliders too far to feel the difference between good and bad players.

I played my first game with your V2 set last night and felt that the passing was way too wide open. The Cowboys are pretty good and the Giants are pretty bad, granted, but I was able to roll off 600 yards of offense and 62 points, with Dak easily eclipsing 400 yards, 4 TDs, and 80% completions. Eli was ~24/30 for ~120 yards, not once going downfield.

I’m going to give it another shot today with V3, but just wanted to pass along my findings in case they’re somewhat helpful to the cause.

I messaged you

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 11:01 AM   #86
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncook06

Thanks, man.

I may need to make some clerical adjustments, but there should only be one version, which is version 4. Posted as is. I would start there, and provide feedback if possible. I will eventually start logging the changes in the OP (in the spoiler at the end) once I have the base down. These "versions" are more like in "beta" stage.

So here it is, without the explanations so as to shorten:
---
---

VERSION 4 - Game Settings

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this OP set.

Skill Level: All-Madden (All-Pro has not been tested yet, still early days, won't be long)

Rosters: EA Default (Active or Preseason)

Auto-subs: Default

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 minutes

Accelerated Clock: Off

Superstar Abilities: Off

Gameplay Helpers

Ball Carrier Special Move: Manual

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: On (this is on by default, so I've left it on, can say it doesn't make a difference in terms of attempting to isolate the poor coverage animations).

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off

Defensive Switch Assist: Off

Game Options

Injuries: 50

Fatigue: 50 (Prev: 45)

Speed Disparity Scale: 85 (prev: 35)

Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PC file: "Matt10V4" (pending, tbd)
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10V4" (pending, tbd)

QB Accuracy: 25/15 (prev: 25/25)

Pass Blocking: 35/35

WR Catch: 45/45 (prev: 48/48)

Run Blocking: 50/50

Fumbles: 50/50

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 50/50

Interceptions: 25/25 (prev: 40/40)

Pass Coverage: 50/50

Tackling: 50/50

Special Teams

FG Power: 50/50

FG Accuracy: 48/48

Punt Power: 46/46

Punt Accuracy: 48/48

Kickoff Power: 50/50

Penalties

Defensive Holding (Only in CFM Menu): 45 (prev: 50)

All Other Penalties Set to Default 50 or ON

Last edited by Matt10; 07-31-2019 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:47 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Slider Update Log

7/31/19 - Updating fatigue from 55 back to default 50.

Fatigue: 50 (prev: 55)
• Have not seen any further benefits of fatigue being adjusted. If anything, I'm starting to see slow jogs in the wrong spots of coverage. Putting this back to default to be safe.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:47 PM   #88
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

How is the speed parity scale at 85? Wouldn’t they make the game speed like super crazy? Might try it though I wish all pro would work

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »