Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Seeing some pretty stuff

Playing vs Chargers I am Colts

Rivers 21-29 212 ( I mix covarge a lot)

They can’t run the ball, but I traded Gordon from their team

Play attention to X Factor, but I got caught shifting line right to Bosa and a middle blitz got me ( Great stuff)

Got a PI call on a blitz from CPU that was neat

Loving this game. Down 20-10 3:48 left in 3rd

The QB running backwards is a coverage sack issue. Just have them throw out of bounds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2019, 12:05 PM   #106
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Noticed that the illegal man downfield slider is automatically switched to off once you go into the game. It is on at the MM. With it set to off (default) in game I had this penalty called several times and not when I moved it to the on position. This may be a bug showing that it is off in game.

Also noticed that you can only move penalty sliders in increments of 5 in game.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:18 PM   #107
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Noticed that the illegal man downfield slider is automatically switched to off once you go into the game. It is on at the MM. With it set to off (default) in game I had this penalty called several times and not when I moved it to the on position. This may be a bug showing that it is off in game.

Also noticed that you can only move penalty sliders in increments of 5 in game.
I wondered if that were the case about the functionality of the actual penalty (i.e. display bug showing it off when it was on). Thanks for checking that out.

At this juncture though, I'm still standing by the recommendation of the OP based on what I saw last night. It's really a penalty that one shouldn't see anyways unless they don't know how to properly run an RPO.

I'll see if anything changes if/when we get an opening day patch.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:21 PM   #108
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

I’m excited to try the illegal man down field slider set to on. Reading some great things. If I could get a pass rush this would quite honestly be the best madden I’ve played in a few years from a gameplay perspective

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-02-2019, 12:50 PM   #109
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

I generally go for sliders that try to get the most realistic stats league wide.

BUT I really really really really really really really really (I'm not done, but you get the idea) like the logic behind your thinking on how some of those adjustment would effect gameplay. As well as your stated logic behind each change you have individually. You seem to have really thought this through.

So I do believe I am going to go with your sliders to start with this year. Plus any changes from the current norm in season stats for various positions etc. can be chalked up to the normal kinds of fluctuations you see in stats in the NFL due to play calling trends, rule changes etc.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:01 PM   #110
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
No, 10 is default in the main menu and 40 is default in cfm

Edit: added clarity to that line in the op.

It should have said 50 in cfm right? My injury slider is at 50 default in cfm. Xbox one X

Long time lurker here. I really haven't played much the last few years, but the gameplay shows a lot of promise this year, so i'll definitely join in and provide feedback. I like your approach and dedication as always Josh. Keep up the good work
Old 08-02-2019, 01:06 PM   #111
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajiky
I generally go for sliders that try to get the most realistic stats league wide.

BUT I really really really really really really really really (I'm not done, but you get the idea) like the logic behind your thinking on how some of those adjustment would effect gameplay. As well as your stated logic behind each change you have individually. You seem to have really thought this through.

So I do believe I am going to go with your sliders to start with this year. Plus any changes from the current norm in season stats for various positions etc. can be chalked up to the normal kinds of fluctuations you see in stats in the NFL due to play calling trends, rule changes etc.
Well I appreciate that you took the time to read through the OP - I definitely spend a LOT of time behind the scenes 'stressing' the game and seeing what does/does not work well.

And for the stat piece you wrote at the end, yeah, that's definitely my thought process. The more sample size, the more the stats begin to normalize. Without game-to-game outliers, we lose that 'variety'...but provided that we have a good 'balance' - they will begin to come in-line over time.

Enjoy!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2019, 01:09 PM   #112
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasse_foxy
It should have said 50 in cfm right? My injury slider is at 50 default in cfm. Xbox one X

Long time lurker here. I really haven't played much the last few years, but the gameplay shows a lot of promise this year, so i'll definitely join in and provide feedback. I like your approach and dedication as always Josh. Keep up the good work
If you start a new CFM, the injury slider is set to 40....so, if you never touch a thing, that is what you'd run with (so I consider that its 'default'). If you hit reset in the CFM slider menu, it will then go to 50.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »