Home

RFF's M20 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M20 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #9
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M20 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justb__
Defensive holding looks pretty high, what has been your experience with it?
Never actually gets called, feel it helps DBs play a bit more physical but it could be placebo.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 08-17-2019, 04:16 PM   #10
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

ver 0.91 for wk 3:

User PBK -2
User RBK -2
User FUM +5

CPU PBK -3
CPU RBK -5
CPU FUM +5

DPI -10

Run game was too strong at 50, will continue to monitor at 48.

Passing game was more on point with these changes. You WILL see a ton of sacks initially. I've made the philosophical decision that our users are going to have to start to account for great pass rushers & potential blitzers. The guys taking tons of sacks are holding onto the ball too long. They will adjust. Pass game is more balanced with a realistic time-to-throw, but again the sack #s will be astronomically high right now. You either accept it or you try to reduce sacks by allowing your users to sit in pocket 4-5s regularly and thus throw downfield far more often.

Edit: forgot FUM rate was still a tad high, getting another bump.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 08-17-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-17-2019, 04:37 PM   #11
Rookie

Justb__'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
ver 0.91 for wk 3:

User PBK -2
User RBK -2
User FUM +5

CPU PBK -3
CPU RBK -5
CPU FUM +5

DPI -10

Run game was too strong at 50, will continue to monitor at 48.

Passing game was more on point with these changes. You WILL see a ton of sacks initially. I've made the philosophical decision that our users are going to have to start to account for great pass rushers & potential blitzers. The guys taking tons of sacks are holding onto the ball too long. They will adjust. Pass game is more balanced with a realistic time-to-throw, but again the sack #s will be astronomically high right now. You either accept it or you try to reduce sacks by allowing your users to sit in pocket 4-5s regularly and thus throw downfield far more often.

Edit: forgot FUM rate was still a tad high, getting another bump.
Maybe stupid question, but do cpu sliders affect a user game at all? Like the safety you are not usering for example is he going based off the cpu slider or user slider in a user v user game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2019, 12:29 AM   #12
Rookie

Love your sets over the past. Anyone in here find a set that incorporates these sliders while also providing a solid USER v CPU? Love the User v User base but my leagues are generally 4-8 users

Or has anyone tried these HUM vs CPU and has it been good to them in that regards. Really love what this set does for the user v user leagues. Just so many cpu games that that aspect still matters :/

Last edited by creece; 08-20-2019 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Needed to add
Old 08-20-2019, 09:51 AM   #13
Rookie

Re: eRFF's M20 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

As always, awesome work. I appeciate you sharing these. OSPML will use these sliders.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:28 PM   #14
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justb__
Maybe stupid question, but do cpu sliders affect a user game at all? Like the safety you are not usering for example is he going based off the cpu slider or user slider in a user v user game?
Short answer: I don't know.

In general I think most do not. CPU sliders are not supposed to affect user games, to my understanding. AI defenders should use User sliders, per your question. But I found a couple years back when we were really having issues balancing pass rush that I could move User PBK from 0 to 100 with no effect on the data (or the eye test). The moment I bumped CPU PBK up 10-20 pts, pressure dropped (and stayed low). So there may be things where the User slider acts as a modifier to the CPU setting. At the time I dug up some old discussion around PBK doing this very thing prior to my experience.

So now I just change CPU as a placebo 'just in case' and also so if anyone does play to CPU, maybe this makes it a bit better.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 08-20-2019, 12:30 PM   #15
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by creece
Love your sets over the past. Anyone in here find a set that incorporates these sliders while also providing a solid USER v CPU? Love the User v User base but my leagues are generally 4-8 users

Or has anyone tried these HUM vs CPU and has it been good to them in that regards. Really love what this set does for the user v user leagues. Just so many cpu games that that aspect still matters :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Jack
As always, awesome work. I appeciate you sharing these. OSPML will use these sliders.

Appreciate the feedback guys!

I'll put charter on the spot in that I feel we have similar philosophies on sliders, and in the past I've felt his CPU sliders maybe worked with ours. He's also a part of our league now so may have even more insight moving forward on how to find a middle ground.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2019, 12:33 PM   #16
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Wk 3 data is in.

Rushing still way too high.
Passing still way too high.
3rd Down % thus too high.
Scoring thus way too high (obviously).

Hopefully sliders are even able compensate. Drastic change this week:

- lowered RBK / raised TKL
- lowered FUM just a smidge
- raised PDRT to 100 (it's a very 'insensitive' slider but hopefully makes deep passing a bit tougher)
- raised False Start just a smidge

If the PDRT change ends up making passing too tough, that's a good problem and we'll find the middle ground quickly. Again my philosophy at the start of a cycle is BIG changes to get close first, then small tweaks from then on.

OP has been updated with changes highlighted in yellow:

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »