Home

Raider Ren’s Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs. CPU

This is a discussion on Raider Ren’s Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs. CPU within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2020, 06:23 PM   #1
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Raider Ren’s Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs. CPU

If you told me that I would be playing on Pro back in July of 2019 when this game dropped...

The purpose of the set... is exactly the same as the purpose of my now defunct AM set. It's to balance out the Human user and the CPU. As we know, just because a slider value says 50 and is "default", it doesn't mean that it is balanced under the hood. Both Pro and AP are tilted in favor of the User, while AM is tilted in favor of the CPU. On AM, the key is to mitigating the areas where the CPU gets the boost (CPU offense, which is manifested through CPU QBA, CPU and Human INTs, Human v. CPU catch radius via WRC, etc.) On Pro, it is just the opposite. We are looking to eliminate the Human boost and bump up the weaker areas of the CPU. Once those values are reached, we will have achieved the 50 / 50 balance under the hood... or at least something close to it. While this set may not be 100% perfect, it is pretty darn close in terms of accomplishing a level playing field for the Human and the CPU. As always, YMMV depending on gameplay.

Disclaimer: A low overall team, whether it be user controlled, or the CPU opponent, should be able to sneak out a win against a higher OVR team, from time to time. This happens every week in the NFL. We’re also looking for week to week variance with our games, which we’ve achieved. With this set: ratings stand out, particularly with individual matchups on field, more so than team OVR ratings, which can be deceiving. Even though this is a Pro set, you still need to bring your a-game, but from a “sim” perspective. Also know this: while I like stats and animations to be close, I don’t chase them unless they are relative and contextual to the on-field gameplay. Games will vary, and as I mentioned above, YMMV. Mix up your play calling, mix up your strategy, mix up your personnel - keep it realistic, and as is done on Sundays.

M20 / Pro Set / Post-Patch V 1.24

Roster: I have always suggested using the default stock 75-man preseason roster that ships with the game. It doesn't have any ratings inflation, and generally it plays more "grounded". FWIW, the updated EA rosters seem to play fine. I would suggest not using an updated roster much past weeks 4-6 as the ratings will be inflated, which will have an adverse effect on the balance of the league as you progress over the next few seasons in your franchise, and as the new draft classes are imported.

Draft classes: While I still recommend using the default automated EA classes, I am now heavily endorsing FalconATL’s draft classes on PSN. He has done some extremely detailed and intricate work on both his 2020 and 2021 classes, and the ratings are very balanced - they will blend in nicely with the stock EA roster. He continues to update these classes so they are up-to-date with current player rankings and draft declarations.

**I recommend playing no switch on defense, and no user catch on offense. That is the key to allow the ratings to shine on Pro.**

Difficulty: Pro
Game Mode: Simulation

Enter all of the values below directly into CFM

*denotes settings that are not default

HUM
QB Accuracy: 25*
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 50
Run Blocking: 30*
Fumbles: 50
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 35*
Interceptions: 25*
Pass Coverage: 50
Tackling: 30*

CPU
QB Accuracy: 60*
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 75*
Run Blocking: 95*
Fumbles: 75*
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 55*
Interceptions: 50
Pass Coverage: 50
Tackling: 75*

FG Power: 65*
FG Accuracy: 35*
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 50

MM value on the left / CFM on the right

PENALTIES
Offside: 50 / 56*
False Start: 50 / 56*
Offensive Holding: 50 / 56*
Face Mask: 50 / 53*
Illegal Block In The Back: 50 / 56*
Roughing Passer: 50 / 50
Defensive Pass Interference: 50 / 56*
OPI: On
Ineligible Man Downfield: On / Off
All Others: On

Global Gameplay Sliders
Injuries: 40*/ 40
Fatigue: 65 / 65*
Player Speed Parity Scale: 50 / 50

Auto subs all @ 60 / 80 in MM and CFM

XP all @ default 100% or tdawg’s, which are money as usual (thanks tdawg!!) / I am using tdawg's XP - they are posted below.

Game Options
Superstar Abilities: Choice
Live playbooks: On
Career Clock: On
Heat Seeker Assist: Choice
Auto Flip Play (Defense): Choice
Defense Switch Assist: On
Ballhawk: Off
Coin Toss: Receive / With Wind
Quarter Length: 10 minutes
Play Clock: On
Accelerated Clock: Off*
Rundown: n/a
Play Call Style: Enhanced
Camera Toggle: Off
Coaching Tips: Off
Special Moves: Manual
Progression: Weekly
Injuries: On
Pre-existing Injuries: Off

TDawg's Madden 20 XP Sliders - v2.0 - Final:

Position Sliders
QB...... 95%
HB...... 125%
TE...... 150%
WR...... 125%
FB...... 115%
T...... 145%
G...... 135%
C...... 165%
DE...... 140%
DT...... 170%
MLB...... 95%
OLB...... 98%
CB...... 95%
FS...... 107%
SS...... 106%
K...... 100%
P...... 100%

Franchise Tips
I encourage everyone to check out Mattanite’s M20 franchise tips thread. It’s extremely informative and well written.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...hise-tips.html

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 04-30-2020 at 08:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2020, 06:24 PM   #2
Gaming Avenger

Re: Raider Ren’s Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs.

The Jetsons: A Story of the 2019 New York Jets (Season 1)

A rookie head coach takes over the helm of the Gotham-Jersey Jets, and is given total control over football operations after the untimely dismissal of now former GM, Mike Maccagnan, in May of 2019. Ren, was previously the UConn head coach (2017-2018), and the OC and assistant HC to Nick Saban at Alabama (2010-2016). Prior to that, he held multiple positions (DC, defensive assistant, QB coach) with Pete Carroll at USC. Ren played his college ball at UConn as a safety (freshman and sophomore) before making the switch to quarterback (junior and senior). He went un-drafted in 2004, and opted to pursue sports management and coaching instead of furthering his playing career.

Roster: SGR OD 53-Man Roster on PSN

Draft class(es): TBD, either the stock EA classes, or custom 2020 and 2021 classes by FalconsATL on PSN (2020DRAFTCLASS / 2021DRAFTCLASS), followed by the stock EA classes for 2022 and beyond...

Schemes
Offensive: Vertical Zone
Playbook(s): NYJ / CHI / Generic Spread
Philosophy: We run a combination of the spread and west coast spread as our attack.

Defensive: Base 34
Playbook(s): NYJ / CHI / NE / BAL / AZ
Philosophy: We are an even split man / zone defense, with an emphasis on versatile play at the LB position.

All games are streamed live and archived to my YouTube or Twitch channels

2019 Regular Season (1-0)
Week 1: v. BUF, W 23-13
Week 2: v. CLE, upcoming

Injuries

Notable Transactions
Leonard Williams, 34 DE, traded to NYG for 2020 third and seventh round picks, prior to camp / preseason
Robby Anderson, WR, traded to PIT for a 2020 second round pick, prior to camp / preseason
Avery Williamson, LB, traded to NE for 2021 first and seventh round picks (straight trade block offer), prior to camp / preseason

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 02-23-2020 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:24 PM   #3
Gaming Avenger

Re: Raider Ren’s Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs.

Reserved***

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 02-19-2020 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:27 AM   #4
Gaming Avenger

Set has been posted... on the opening-post, above ^^^

Please let me know if you have any questions.

You can see this exact set in action on Twitch. I was having issues with my connection, so it didn't capture the whole game (some of it is on my YouTube channel). You'll see the tail end of the game, the stats, the slider set itself, and some misc. franchise stuff.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/545938693

Let your eyes judge for themselves...

Because this is a Pro set, it's not for everyone. But don't let the "Pro" heading deter you like it had done to me for years.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 02-26-2020 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:51 PM   #5
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Is that Bobby Hebert's kid

Sent from my REVVL 2 PLUS using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2020, 03:11 PM   #6
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Looking forward to trying these. I was enjoying your AM set before the last patch or two...then all of the sudden I felt like things were different. I'm not a big "patch dropped, everything changes" kind of player as it is, so the feeling of change was pretty clear.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:43 PM   #7
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Is that Bobby Hebert's kid

Sent from my REVVL 2 PLUS using Operation Sports mobile app
I’m afraid not...

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Old 02-03-2020, 04:52 PM   #8
Rookie

I haven't played Madden in a couple months and haven't played much this year at all, but these look intriguing so I think I'm going to plug these in and give them a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »