Home

Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2022, 08:28 PM   #401
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Ok, five days in. THIS...IS...MADDEN!!! I say that with much positivity. Greatly improved upon from series x/ps5 Madden 21 which I thought was the bees knees.

A few PROs

- Graphics are stellar. Love the new player models (I read that actual players were scanned this year!). You can definitely tell the difference from the generic model that was simply increased or decreased in size from previous years.

- Player movement is grand! The 360 cuts along with the left stick sensitivity blends "real world weight transfer" into the game environment just about perfectly (can always get better).

- Player interaction across the board is very nice. Occasional odd quirks here and there but nothing that outweighs the overall action. I have a certain threshold when it comes to expecting and accepting glitches in video games and this comes NO where near it.

a. Trench play is brutal. You have to be zeroed in on your primary WR, know what it looks like when he's going to be open/or not VERY quickly, and also be able to check down fast because the heat/pressure is high (I had to raise my Pass block sliders to accomodate for my reaction times, I'm at HUM pass blk - 68 with Pass Coverage sliders at 40 for CPU). New passing system for those that love it, cool, I have ZERO interest, classic all day for me.

b. WR/DB interaction is nice (and pretty while they're at it! The animations are super cool). I'm finding myself looking at replays a TON, and also being very excited about uploading clips to Xbox network and twitter to show it.

A few CONS

- Franchise still hasn't grasped a living world feel. Needs more immersion. I've layed out my suggestions a few times before.

- DEVS don't seem to think outside of the box when it comes to extras. For example, If I was the head of the Dev team, there would be NO WAY that a tribute to Madden would NOT have things such as old 8 bit Madden easter eggs, i.e the original genesis version for nostalgia purposes, the ability to select the Madden/Pat Summeral commentary team for your games, the All Madden legend players available to populate franchise draft classes, etc.

- Better soundtrack variety (where's Sam Spence NFL films music? Thats a NO brainer guys, come on now).

My bottomline litmus test on if any version of Madden is good or not basically comes down to if it can bring back the feelings that the old PS2 versions brought out. Simply, do I want to play game after game after game lol. Madden 23 has brought those feelings back, however, the ol' lady and the two year old put a damper on that lol. I was on a WARPATH yesterday (almost made it to my third straight game and ya'll know them boys last about an hour apiece, forgot I had other responsibilities!!!)

Lastly, my bandaid for the lack of soundtrack variety is to play the Sam Spence NFL spotify playlists while I'm playing (there's volumes 1 - 6 available on spotify and they're solid!).
Better soundtrack variety (where's Sam Spence NFL films music? Thats a NO brainer guys, come on now). I haven't checked for madden 23, but in madden 22 you had to go to the soundtrack list and manually select the NFL films music.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2022, 08:47 PM   #402
MVP

OVR: 1

When the running game gets going, this is the best it's been when running behind a FB. It is legitimately realistic (and logical).
Old 08-20-2022, 09:20 PM   #403
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SincerelYourz
Better soundtrack variety (where's Sam Spence NFL films music? Thats a NO brainer guys, come on now). I haven't checked for madden 23, but in madden 22 you had to go to the soundtrack list and manually select the NFL films music.
There gone in Madden 23 unfortunately.

Playing:
Old 08-20-2022, 09:31 PM   #404
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Are whistles gone too? I was waiting on one after my first FG and nothing, and now realize I don’t hear any?
Old 08-20-2022, 09:32 PM   #405
MVP

OVR: 19

I hate when they go overkill with gameplay tweaks.

I’ve yet yet to see one Peanut Punch/Strip by an AI player like in the Beta.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2022, 09:36 PM   #406
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I hate when they go overkill with gameplay tweaks.

I’ve yet yet to see one Peanut Punch/Strip by an AI player like in the Beta.
I saw one during the trial on Play Now.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:44 PM   #407
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

I did hear whistle when I went OB. I miss refs.
Old 08-20-2022, 10:32 PM   #408
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

In which I continue to enjoy the run blocking in the most recent Madden games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »