Home

How’s your Franchise going? - Madden 23 Edition

This is a discussion on How’s your Franchise going? - Madden 23 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2022, 03:23 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: How’s your Franchise going? - Madden 23 Edition

About to try to claw back to .500 vs. SF: https://www.twitch.tv/roguehominin
Old 08-19-2022, 04:39 PM   #58
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Eagles CFM Year 1
Finished 14-3 with the No. 1 Seed
Jordan Davis Won DROY
Darius Slay Won DPOY & broke the single season INT record with 15.

I played the season on All Pro, but switched to All Madden for the Playoffs. Won the NFC Championship 24-21 over the Bucs. Signed Jason Peters as a backup Tackle for the playoffs and he had to come in during the Super Bowl when Lane Johnson got hurt. He was awful against Myles Garrett and I had to slide protection his way all game, but fun to have him play again for the Eagles. In the Super Bowl I went down 17-0 in the first Q to the Browns. Ended up fighting back to win 30-27 and Hurts was the SB MVP with 250yds and 3 TDs.

In the offseason I lost Kelce, Brandon Graham, and Peters to retirement. I let Hargrave and Anthony Harris hit FA. I signed Derwin James in FA (paid him $20/yr over 4 years). Had a decent draft, got a RG (71) and a FS (75, hidden dev) in the 1st round. A TE (74, hidden dev) in the second. Middle rounds were rough, but I got a 65 QB in the 4th to be my backup and a 76 hidden dev RB in the 5th who turned out to be the 5th best player in the draft.

Going into season two playing on All Madden. Contract year for Hurts (77) so he needs to prove himself or I'll move on and look for a rookie in the next draft.
Old 08-19-2022, 04:53 PM   #59
Rookie

I stream Madden 23 on Twitch Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday with Franchise gameplay.
https://www.twitch.tv/sterlingsphoenix

My team: The LA Chargers, soon to be the Portland... something. Haven't decided. Top 10 best players traded for picks. Everyone else except rookies released. Lowest rated free agents signed at all positions. Playing on All-Madden 10 min quarters 16 sec runoff.

Meet the team:
QB: Shane Buechele (52 overall)
RB: Isaiah Spiller (72)
WR: John Franklin III (62)
WR: Ishmael Hyman (60)
TE: Garrett Dickerson (61)

Week 1: 34-10 loss to Las Vegas. Buechele goes 13-23 for 168 yards, 1 TD to Franklin, 1 INT.

Week 2: 37-13 loss to Kansas City. Game was actually close (led 13-9 late in second quarter) before Buechele made three horrible overthrows resulting in easy INTs, 1 of which taken back for 6.

Week 3: 44-21 loss to Jacksonville. Buechele throws 3 picks, 2 of which were his awful accuracy to open players. Spiller runs for 118 on 25 carries.

Week 4: 31-17 loss to Houston. Actually led for most of the game thanks to Spiller running for 148 yards. But with the game tied at 17 with 4 minutes to play, Buechele overthrows the running back on a 4th and 1 from midfield, which gets returned for 6. Returner fumbles the ensuing kick, and game.

Was hoping for 1-3, gonna have to live with 0-4 to start the awful year.

Last edited by Falcon17000; 08-19-2022 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2022, 04:56 PM   #60
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Started one during my trial, nothing serious. I'm waiting for XP Sliders before I start.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 08-19-2022, 10:28 PM   #61
Rookie

LIONS SQUANDER DOUBLE DIGIT 4TH QUARTER LEAD, STUN COWBOYS ON LAST SECOND FIELD GOAL

Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys
Oct 23, 20221234F
DET (6-0)3107323
DAL (4-3)0371020
Top Performers
PASS: Jared Goff - 22/40, 308 Yards, 2 TD, INT
RUSH: Ezekiel Elliott - 21 Rush, 85 Yards
REC: T.J. Hockenson - 7 Rec, 156 Yards, 2 TD
Team Stats Comparison
DETDAL
First Downs2026
3rd Down Efficiency7-148-14
4th Down Efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards343428
Passing Yards292330
Rushing Yards5198
Penalties-Penalty Yards2-150-0
Turnovers12
Time of Possession25:1534:45

For Lions fans, this was an all too familiar script. On the road against a very good football team. Play well, build a double digit lead, only to have the opponent come back. Lions fans have seen this happen hundreds of times over the last 35-40 years. Good teams find ways to win games like these. The Lions? Well, they always seem to find a creative way to shoot themselves in the foot.

The Lions went up 20-3 early in the 3rd quarter. After a late touchdown, they found themselves still up 20-10 late in the 4th quarter. But, the offense stalled, and the Cowboys scored 10 points in the last 10 minutes of the game, to tie it. In Dallas, you could almost hear the sounds of fans in Detroit collectively saying "Here we ******* go again.

But, this team might be different. With 26 seconds left in a game tied at 20, The Lions didn't play for overtime. They went out there to try to win the game.

It took a little luck. NO, a LOT of luck. But for once, the football gods were on their side.

With 11 seconds left in the game, Jared Goff took the snap and fired the ball down field, looking for Jameson Williams. The ball was almost intercepted by Malik Hooker, but he collided with Jayron Kearse, and the ball was knocked loose.....right into the hands of T.J. Hockenson!!! Hockenson immediately went to the ground, and called time out. With 2 seconds left. The Cowboys tried to ice kicker Austin Seibert by calling a time out, but Seibert nailed a game winning 28 yard field goal as time expired, giving the Lions a 23-20 win on the road, against a very good football team.

When asked if this was a "signature win," Head Coach Dan Campbell had this to say. "We went out there, played our asses off, and beat a damn good football team in their stadium. You guys can decide if this is a 'signature win,' but this tells me we're a damn good football team, with a lot of heart. A team that never gives up"

Something Lions fans haven't seen in a long time.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2022, 10:34 AM   #62
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

Decided to start over. Even with INT at 15 guys are throwing 3,4, even 5, every game. Want to lower that and tweak a few sliders, but I'm having fun.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-20-2022, 11:00 AM   #63
Rookie

Xcfisme's Arena

I don't even know if this is the right thread for this, but man it really feels like I'm gonna have to micromanage every team in the league on a weekly basis which is probably gonna get tedious but I gotta do what I gotta do since the game wants to do stuff like signing edge guys to be 3-4 DEs still
Old 08-20-2022, 11:48 AM   #64
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Have you guys encountered QBs getting hurt in played franchise games?

Not in a played game but Tua is out for the season with a torn pec in my franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »