Home

Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

This is a discussion on Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 09-11-2023, 07:46 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
I agree and respect most of what you said Odogg but the lack of things like penalties shows a lack of attention to the game
I think the penalties are about right personally. I don't want a lot of penalties but I get a fair share on the PC so I'm going to have to disagree.

They should make the sliders work much better though so if folks want a lot then the game will do that.
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-11-2023, 07:46 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Does anyone else think 22 is really the last good game, just on the field?
No, not me, with the exception of penalties, I feel 24 is the best gameplay Madden has

served up.

Needs more immersion to hold interest.
Old 09-11-2023, 07:48 PM   #19
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I think overall this is the best version since '16 but other than lacking franchise features '16 is the most satisfying version they ever produced.

Hopefully some of the glaring issues will be addressed.Im quite sure penalties won't be though.

So while I think they produced a good game I'm not going to wave the EA flag to the point of not hoping 2k gets an opportunity someday which is even more highly unlikely.
Old 09-11-2023, 08:54 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I think overall this is the best version since '16 but other than lacking franchise features '16 is the most satisfying version they ever produced.

Hopefully some of the glaring issues will be addressed.Im quite sure penalties won't be though.

So while I think they produced a good game I'm not going to wave the EA flag to the point of not hoping 2k gets an opportunity someday which is even more highly unlikely.
This doesn't bode well for 2K getting the license, however if they can put out a great 2K arcade game maybe that might help some
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-11-2023, 10:04 PM   #21
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

After 18 long years, EA and madden has only delivered maybe 2 products that are justified as semi quality products. Even baseball if you wanna bat .100 you gotta hit 40 bombs like Schwarber to keep a job.

Madden titles are largely like a contact hitter that’s hitting .100

I’ll challenge the field to Name one aspect (outside of graphics) about a football game that madden has hit a home run on since exclusive license. . .

It merely sells because it’s the only NFL option and we have grown to accept it all for what it is. Some don’t buy , some do

24 is pretty decent on field. Better than any game the last 4 years

Maybe another good gameplay title between 16-18
Outside of that. They make about 1 bearable game every 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2023, 11:10 PM   #22
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I just read that Madden NFL 24 has set some sales records and shown an uptick of engagement online of 36%!

I say job well done by EA, they have produced one of the best, if not the best, games of videogame football in Madden 24.

This was a make or break year for Madden they said and it's come through.

This bodes well for the NFL renewing their contract with them as well.

Link: https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/g...-play-weekend/
Kudos?? kudos for what exactly? Besting their sales from last year? which was a disaster by all accounts...the only place logical TO go is up..

Wanna know what would be even MORE impressive? If EA were to get that raise in sales by competing with another NFL product, but sadly we will probably never see that, at least not in my lifetime.

What makes matters worse how you sit there and say how this "bodes well for the NFL renewing the contract....in reality ANY football video game player should want competition..

So yea, giving "kudos" by besting your own product is not impressive in the grand scheme of things.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-11-2023, 11:14 PM   #23
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
I’ll challenge the field to Name one aspect (outside of graphics) about a football game that madden has hit a home run on since exclusive license. . .

It merely sells because it’s the only NFL option and we have grown to accept it all for what it is.
Exactly
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-12-2023, 07:14 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Kudos for selling many copies of the only football videogame? This game sells well, because many people love football and have no other option than this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »