Home

Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

This is a discussion on Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2023, 09:09 AM   #25
Live your life
 
Gotmadskillzson's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 22,915
Blog Entries: 91
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

We shall see how well this game sells next year when the college football game comes out. Far as the NFL contract, it was going to get renewed anyway despite sales numbers, NFL don't like change. Overall this is the most fun I have had with a Madden game since Madden 16. If they fix the penalties, add some immersion and tighten up the animations and zone coverages, Madden would be awesome. If Madden get EA version of Pro Play next year, that would help it big time.

Being that the college football is coming out next year, I would assume franchise for Madden next year have to have some sort of overhaul make over for the whole NCAA draft class importing into Madden to work smoothly.
Gotmadskillzson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2023, 11:11 AM   #26
MVP
 
PhillyPhanatic14's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I know it's a moot point but to wait to see if 2k can put out a high quality game is like making Meryl Streep audition for a part to see if she's good enough.They should be able to see the difference if they cared to.

The 2K love is so overhyped. The studio that made 2K5 doesn't exist. That company doesn't exist. What exists now is a microtransaction factory that puts just as little effort into their game as Tiburon puts into Madden. I assume people making these comments don't pay any attention to NBA 2k and what that game has become. Yeah, there's some good immersion in franchise. But their mtx are way worse than madden, the gameplay is a joke, and the menus look like they were designed in 2001.

What major sports game has genuine competition right now? There's one NFL game, one NBA game, one NHL game, one soccer game (PES is f2p arcade trash that doesn't have any impact on fifa/fc). It sucks. Competition would be great, but that's where we're at now. It's not 2004. We're not getting competition like that any time soon.
PhillyPhanatic14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 01:48 PM   #27
Rookie
 
New Jersey Giants's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Brunswick,NJ
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
The 2K love is so overhyped. The studio that made 2K5 doesn't exist. That company doesn't exist. What exists now is a microtransaction factory that puts just as little effort into their game as Tiburon puts into Madden. I assume people making these comments don't pay any attention to NBA 2k and what that game has become. Yeah, there's some good immersion in franchise. But their mtx are way worse than madden, the gameplay is a joke, and the menus look like they were designed in 2001.

What major sports game has genuine competition right now? There's one NFL game, one NBA game, one NHL game, one soccer game (PES is f2p arcade trash that doesn't have any impact on fifa/fc). It sucks. Competition would be great, but that's where we're at now. It's not 2004. We're not getting competition like that any time soon.
So why is 2K and the Show still making good games? Compared to lazy 🗑 that is Madden every year
__________________
Giants, Yanks, and LWO
New Jersey Giants is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 02:02 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame
 
ODogg's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 37,273
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Giants
So why is 2K and the Show still making good games? Compared to lazy 🗑 that is Madden every year
That's your opinion. Personally I think Madden is right up there with the Show and NBA 2K. That's my opinion.

I'm not going to argue with anyone here in this thread who has voiced an alternative opinion. We all know many of you don't like Madden and/or erroneously blame EA for the exclusivity (that's on the NFL).

I just will simply say that personally I am very happy that EA has finally figured out the on-field gameplay. That's where it all starts.

The game plays great, is a ton of fun and I'm loving it this year. Great job EA!
__________________
JOIN ME ON MY STREAM MOST EVENINGS AT 6PM EST: WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG


"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
ODogg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 02:27 PM   #29
MVP
 
Madden08PCgmr's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Green Dragon, Hobbiton
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I know it's a moot point but to wait to see if 2k can put out a high quality game is like making Meryl Streep audition for a part to see if she's good enough.They should be able to see the difference if they cared to.
I want competition in the marketplace, like we have with every other product in this country. But I don't see that happening. Look at the NFLs model! The official pizza of the NFL. The official beer of the NFL. The official earbuds of the NFL.... do you really think they'll break the mold with their video game?

And do we even know what 2Ks game is supposed to be? The lack of info at this point is pretty d@mning, IMO.

I don't see 2K being the Savior everyone is hoping for. I think the cold hard reality is, it may take them 3-5 years to release any type of legitimate threat. And as we see with Madden, the community has no patience for that.
__________________
You want free speech?
Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours.
Madden08PCgmr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 02:40 PM   #30
MVP
 
Madden08PCgmr's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Green Dragon, Hobbiton
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Giants
So why is 2K and the Show still making good games? Compared to lazy �� that is Madden every year
When was the last time you played MLBtS?

No significant franchise improvements over an entire console gen, they REMOVED a popular game mode (season) and REMOVED probably THE singe best thing in sports gaming history; year-to-year roster and franchise ports.

Great game between the lines, but lets not pretend its the second coming.
__________________
You want free speech?
Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours.
Madden08PCgmr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 03:00 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame
 
ODogg's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 37,273
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
When was the last time you played MLBtS?

No significant franchise improvements over an entire console gen, they REMOVED a popular game mode (season) and REMOVED probably THE singe best thing in sports gaming history; year-to-year roster and franchise ports.

Great game between the lines, but lets not pretend its the second coming.
You're right, while you can point to quite a few things that The Show and NBA 2K do far better than Madden, those games also have zero competition and they also have their fair share of critics complaining about many of the same issues that people here dog on Madden about.

Sports games are highly subjective based upon what people want to see in a game.

While I understand a lot of the complaints with Madden, and agree with quite a few, the bottom line is that I think the game play on the field is vastly improved over the past few years.

I realize sales doesn't indicate quality but just from reading this forum, where many long time haters have changed their tune, it's pretty clear to me that this is a turning point for Madden.

And next year we get EA College Football too so part of my enthusiasm is thinking how good that game could be because of how well EA has done with Madden to improve it.

It's a great time to be a sports gamer!
__________________
JOIN ME ON MY STREAM MOST EVENINGS AT 6PM EST: WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG


"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
ODogg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2023, 03:07 PM   #32
MVP
 
Earl1963's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Aug 2003
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

This is terrible news, imo. I tried the trial version and it felt like 23 to me, (boring). Madden football reached its peak on PS2.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
__________________
Megatron
Earl1963 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.
Top -