Home

Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

This is a discussion on Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2023, 08:09 AM   #25
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

We shall see how well this game sells next year when the college football game comes out. Far as the NFL contract, it was going to get renewed anyway despite sales numbers, NFL don't like change. Overall this is the most fun I have had with a Madden game since Madden 16. If they fix the penalties, add some immersion and tighten up the animations and zone coverages, Madden would be awesome. If Madden get EA version of Pro Play next year, that would help it big time.

Being that the college football is coming out next year, I would assume franchise for Madden next year have to have some sort of overhaul make over for the whole NCAA draft class importing into Madden to work smoothly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2023, 10:11 AM   #26
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I know it's a moot point but to wait to see if 2k can put out a high quality game is like making Meryl Streep audition for a part to see if she's good enough.They should be able to see the difference if they cared to.

The 2K love is so overhyped. The studio that made 2K5 doesn't exist. That company doesn't exist. What exists now is a microtransaction factory that puts just as little effort into their game as Tiburon puts into Madden. I assume people making these comments don't pay any attention to NBA 2k and what that game has become. Yeah, there's some good immersion in franchise. But their mtx are way worse than madden, the gameplay is a joke, and the menus look like they were designed in 2001.

What major sports game has genuine competition right now? There's one NFL game, one NBA game, one NHL game, one soccer game (PES is f2p arcade trash that doesn't have any impact on fifa/fc). It sucks. Competition would be great, but that's where we're at now. It's not 2004. We're not getting competition like that any time soon.
Old 09-12-2023, 12:48 PM   #27
Rookie

New Jersey Giants's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
The 2K love is so overhyped. The studio that made 2K5 doesn't exist. That company doesn't exist. What exists now is a microtransaction factory that puts just as little effort into their game as Tiburon puts into Madden. I assume people making these comments don't pay any attention to NBA 2k and what that game has become. Yeah, there's some good immersion in franchise. But their mtx are way worse than madden, the gameplay is a joke, and the menus look like they were designed in 2001.

What major sports game has genuine competition right now? There's one NFL game, one NBA game, one NHL game, one soccer game (PES is f2p arcade trash that doesn't have any impact on fifa/fc). It sucks. Competition would be great, but that's where we're at now. It's not 2004. We're not getting competition like that any time soon.
So why is 2K and the Show still making good games? Compared to lazy 🗑 that is Madden every year
Old 09-12-2023, 01:02 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Giants
So why is 2K and the Show still making good games? Compared to lazy 🗑 that is Madden every year
That's your opinion. Personally I think Madden is right up there with the Show and NBA 2K. That's my opinion.

I'm not going to argue with anyone here in this thread who has voiced an alternative opinion. We all know many of you don't like Madden and/or erroneously blame EA for the exclusivity (that's on the NFL).

I just will simply say that personally I am very happy that EA has finally figured out the on-field gameplay. That's where it all starts.

The game plays great, is a ton of fun and I'm loving it this year. Great job EA!
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-12-2023, 01:27 PM   #29
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I know it's a moot point but to wait to see if 2k can put out a high quality game is like making Meryl Streep audition for a part to see if she's good enough.They should be able to see the difference if they cared to.
I want competition in the marketplace, like we have with every other product in this country. But I don't see that happening. Look at the NFLs model! The official pizza of the NFL. The official beer of the NFL. The official earbuds of the NFL.... do you really think they'll break the mold with their video game?

And do we even know what 2Ks game is supposed to be? The lack of info at this point is pretty d@mning, IMO.

I don't see 2K being the Savior everyone is hoping for. I think the cold hard reality is, it may take them 3-5 years to release any type of legitimate threat. And as we see with Madden, the community has no patience for that.
Old 09-12-2023, 01:40 PM   #30
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Giants
So why is 2K and the Show still making good games? Compared to lazy �� that is Madden every year
When was the last time you played MLBtS?

No significant franchise improvements over an entire console gen, they REMOVED a popular game mode (season) and REMOVED probably THE singe best thing in sports gaming history; year-to-year roster and franchise ports.

Great game between the lines, but lets not pretend its the second coming.
Old 09-12-2023, 02:00 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
When was the last time you played MLBtS?

No significant franchise improvements over an entire console gen, they REMOVED a popular game mode (season) and REMOVED probably THE singe best thing in sports gaming history; year-to-year roster and franchise ports.

Great game between the lines, but lets not pretend its the second coming.
You're right, while you can point to quite a few things that The Show and NBA 2K do far better than Madden, those games also have zero competition and they also have their fair share of critics complaining about many of the same issues that people here dog on Madden about.

Sports games are highly subjective based upon what people want to see in a game.

While I understand a lot of the complaints with Madden, and agree with quite a few, the bottom line is that I think the game play on the field is vastly improved over the past few years.

I realize sales doesn't indicate quality but just from reading this forum, where many long time haters have changed their tune, it's pretty clear to me that this is a turning point for Madden.

And next year we get EA College Football too so part of my enthusiasm is thinking how good that game could be because of how well EA has done with Madden to improve it.

It's a great time to be a sports gamer!
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2023, 02:07 PM   #32
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

This is terrible news, imo. I tried the trial version and it felt like 23 to me, (boring). Madden football reached its peak on PS2.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »