Home

MADDEN next gen positive thread

This is a discussion on MADDEN next gen positive thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2013, 01:30 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: MADDEN next gen positive thread

I truly hope you all get your wish, But this positive outlook seems to based on one major feature. Nearly every post is about the Graphics.. I'm not surprised, I think only one post mentioned was about Game play itself and was from pacman83. I have read Crowd noise, Ponytails, snow, stadiums, and On line.. No one mentioned wanting Franchise, stats or a solid realistic FB game.. I personally believe that Madden is in the condition it is in because Graphics, Online, and Casual play is top priority.. Us true coach mode, stat and sim people seem to be the outcast.. But I guess any improvement, Graphics, Game play, just fixing an old issue would be better than nothing. It's a start.. Maybe a beginning.. All we can do is hope. My wish is Game play wins out over graphics.. Best of luck to all
Old 11-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #18
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

I can't wait to play ng madden! I know madden is way behind the other major sports but I still play madden enough where even small changes seem like a big deal.

My hope is the m25 current gen was half baked and the defense is bad because it's missing the blocking AI from ng madden. Hopefully having to throw from the pocket will make passing more challenging and Qbs won't be able to hold the ball for ages.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #19
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

I've purposely ignored current gen M25 in order to get more out of the PS4 version.

My big hope going forwards is that the Madden series improves gameplay mechanics. I would love it if they left the graphics alone and just focused on gameplay.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:54 AM   #20
Pro

We finally have pocket formation. Didn't take em that long either....
Old 11-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #21
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm glad they apparently fixed the uniform errors and updated the uniforms of every team that ditched Flywire this season (like the Broncos, Bills and Chargers who didn't see changes in current gen M25).

I'm happy that you can import NCAA draft classes from current gen. Could be a worthy reason to purchase the game down the road at a reduced price.

Stadiums seem to be the best they've ever looked and stadium art finally seems to be updated to the current season (I just hope Ralph Wilson Stadium's new wall design made it in).

The offensive line improvements interest me a lot. Hopefully this means less whiffed blocks from all-pro linemen and a greater difference between starters and scrubs on the o-line.

Interactive sidelines. It's about time. Yes, they're imperfect but with the new hardware, there's potential to make it better than the "other game" ever had it. We'll see how they pull this off in future titles.

There's another thing --- potential. Next-gen M25 actually has a lot of it:

EA Sports Ignite is more of a mission statement than a tangible engine. If they're serious about improving each of their games in this way, Madden must follow suit. If this is indeed "shared tech", then Madden shouldn't lag behind FIFA and NHL any longer. I expect improvement every year. Ditch cutscenes and include FIFA's real-time presentation, dynamic commentary and authentic camera angles. Adopt NHL's authentic player movement and combine it with FIFA's foot planting for grass and turf surfaces. No more excuses over disc space or system capabilities. The slate is there. Time will tell if it becomes a Rembrandt or a rage comic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 7

I'm disappointed that they haven't shown any gameplay by now. We are two weeks away. Please show something. ..even if its a quarter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #23
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

Looking forward to trying the game out and seeing how it feels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would have hoped for some gameplay to be shown as well but there alot of next gen games that are available on release day we havent seen alot of gameplay so im not totally concerned.The gameplay that i have seen does look like a solid improvement from current gen and not to go back to the graphics but if the game looks like the current vids im stoked

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »