Home

MADDEN next gen positive thread

This is a discussion on MADDEN next gen positive thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #41
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MADDEN next gen positive thread

I am greatly looking forward to the "CoachGlass" feature on the Xbox One M25; If it does as it is promoted to do I see great benefits to the defense in stopping the run and pass..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28
You can call me out, I could care less about you and I don't have to explain myself to you. But I will address your comments. There are thousands of people that attend E3 every year. It is closed to the public and you make an assumption based on what? There are a ton of advertising and marketing companies that attend that aren't even in the video game industry but have an affiliation at some point. EA had two levels set up at the booth. I was there on day 1 of the floor being open. Upstairs booth was all current gen and downstairs they were showcasing NextGen in an enclosed room. There were no cameras allowed for gameplay footage for anyone at that time. That is why you will see lots of impressions from what people saw but no gameplay footage except for the IGN which was an exclusive interview with Cam Weber and they were able to showcase it. If you read my comment, it wasnt the footage that blew me away, it was the way the game felt while you play it. The running felt genuine to the PS2 days which I am a fan of. And uncompressed footage taken off screen and uploaded to Youtube is not the same. The graphics were 100 times better in person! That being said, I dont know what to expect because it was a Pre-Alpha build and I will reserve my judgement till when the game drops. This is a "positive thread" and forgive me if I was trying to share some information with my fellow Madden compadres of what I played. I will be the first to tell you that I am dissapointed with EA from several issues and I want a true sim football game but the small sample of what I experienced had me hyped that this game was headed in the right direction. Keep in mind that I only could run the ball with AP in that demo and could not see any passing plays so the new pocket has my interest peeked! Why don't you stop trolling and go to another thread if you dont have something positive to add? And I run my own business pal, don't work for EA!
why not initially go into detail of all that you just posted here?

First I'll apologize if you took it the wrong way. But I would hope you understand that when we have received very little gameplay footage...when we haven't had many posters openly write that they have controlled the game (like you have)....then see a post that has something like this

"I played the demo at E3 for Next Gen and was blown away! The game felt completely new to me."

yeah I'm going to question that...and maybe I was the only one who would openly.

I mean you say that the graphics in that demo were 100 times better in person... I mean really? Even though it was an offscreen video, the lighting doesn't even seem like it was properly implemented yet. Now from recent footage it looks better. But even the recent footage, direct feed...close ups... I wouldn't say its 100 times better.

again, it was just how, imo, you seemed to over hype what you saw and experienced without going into detail, which drew my attention.

for others who got a chance to play it like VinnyVegas.....describe more about the controls..what you experienced. We have SO few hands on experience that any new/different information is very informative. Right now it seems like alot of us will be going in blindly.

and as far as your last comment..If you didn't notice, I was the first to replay to this thread.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #43
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan

First I'll apologize if you took it the wrong way. But I would hope you understand that when we have received very little gameplay footage...when we haven't had many posters openly write that they have controlled the game (like you have)....then see a post that has something like this

"I played the demo at E3 for Next Gen and was blown away! The game felt completely new to me."

yeah I'm going to question that...and maybe I was the only one who would openly.

I mean you say that the graphics in that demo were 100 times better in person... I mean really? Even though it was an offscreen video, the lighting doesn't even seem like it was properly implemented yet. Now from recent footage it looks better. But even the recent footage, direct feed...close ups... I wouldn't say its 100 times better.

again, it was just how, imo, you seemed to over hype what you saw and experienced without going into detail, which drew my attention.

for others who got a chance to play it like VinnyVegas.....describe more about the controls..what you experienced. We have SO few hands on experience that any new/different information is very informative. Right now it seems like alot of us will be going in blindly.

and as far as your last comment..If you didn't notice, I was the first to replay to this thread.
Apology accepted. I understand where you r coming from. I posted 4 months ago about my impressions from E3 and I am not the only one that played it and said the E3 footage is different from what we are getting now. In person the lighting was amazing but it was being shown from pc, not next gen console. I need to see it in person on ng console to make determination. I was over hyped at the time as I have played every madden since Apple days. Just my opinion. My expectations were lowered based on what I have seen post E3. Since we most likely won't have gameplay vids before main launch, you could always rent it to test the waters. But I am excited still and looking forward to Madden and 2k
Old 11-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #44
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I just like to post info that I know or new info when it comes out. I'm not here to try to defend or offend people. I'm just like most, I want to see the game improved. I just have more faith in the direction it's going than some people.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 3

Woah, new forum. I was utterly confused there for a second.

I have a funny feeling the game will play well and even surprise some people. Not saying it's going to rise to become the cream of the crop, just saying I have a hunch they're going to sneak a good game in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2013, 02:54 AM   #46
Rookie

chsviking2005's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan

I haven't posted too much, but I was also at E3 and did step into the " Ignite room" with a chance to sit on some stools and play Madden on Xbox One controllers. My initial impression was WOW because of how much more in control it felt...My biggest wow moment came when running a stretch play to the right and trying to cut upfield before hitting the sideline and AP had to slow down in order to make the cut... The footwork alone makes it a must buy for me, it is still a long way off from getting back to the "Glory days of 2004", but it's got a lot of potential.

Xbox refugee.....on my way to Playstation Nation!!

Greatness Awaits!!
Old 11-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #47
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Good thread.

I'm hopeful that this game takes a positive step this year. From what I've heard about the running game it sounds like it just might.

I am really impressed with the blocking that I've seen. And if the AI is improved like they say it is, I will be happy.

I don't expect a gigantic leap. I think some people do and that's why they are already writing this game off.

I guess we will find out in 5 days.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #48
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Good thread.

I'm hopeful that this game takes a positive step this year. From what I've heard about the running game it sounds like it just might.

I am really impressed with the blocking that I've seen. And if the AI is improved like they say it is, I will be happy.

I don't expect a gigantic leap. I think some people do and that's why they are already writing this game off.

I guess we will find out in 5 days.
How come you're only expecting small gameplay tweaks when moving to next gen systems? Because the info released? Or once you heard a new $400 system was coming out after almost 10 years you expected games to be about the same?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »