Home

Rebuilding the Off-season

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the Off-season within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #25
Banned

OgDominoo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rebuilding the Off-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Nah I don't have any more ratings. I was just winging it for the sake of the mock up. I might do some more mock ups like that one with different players in the future though.
Aw ok , do u have a formula on how you create rookies ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 09:06 AM   #26
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

They had the offseason down packed with the HC series. If EA some how can rework the FA logic,add in fictional agents with different wants/needs along with the draft combine etc then they might be on the right track. I love talking about these ideas all dat sadly EA isn't going to listen to us. Good work though Deuce someone should hire you!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #27
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgDominoo
Aw ok , do u have a formula on how you create rookies ?
Not really. I just go off the scouting report of pro's and con's for the guys and then try to make their ratings fall in line with that as well as where they were selected or in this case projected to go in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
They had the offseason down packed with the HC series. If EA some how can rework the FA logic,add in fictional agents with different wants/needs along with the draft combine etc then they might be on the right track. I love talking about these ideas all dat sadly EA isn't going to listen to us. Good work though Deuce someone should hire you!
I don't think what they have now is really that bad. It's just too bland and simplistic. Free agency needs to be more complicated than just throwing money at guys and having them accept or deny over a three stage period. The draft is the same way. Scouting is dull and far too easy. The actual draft presentation is absolutely awful. The cap really never seems to be an issue because of the way salaries work. The things here aren't major things, the draft overhaul would be the biggest and really the majority of it is UI and voice over stuff. I still wish they would change the CFM UI too but sadly like most of the things within it, I don't think there will be much changed on a whole.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #28
Banned

OgDominoo's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm giving madden the benefit of the doubt . This is the same game as previous gen just with a few next gen tweaks but I think with the new systems EA is going to surprise us with madden 15
Old 04-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #29
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I don't think what they have now is really that bad. It's just too bland and simplistic. Free agency needs to be more complicated than just throwing money at guys and having them accept or deny over a three stage period. The draft is the same way. Scouting is dull and far too easy. The actual draft presentation is absolutely awful. The cap really never seems to be an issue because of the way salaries work. The things here aren't major things, the draft overhaul would be the biggest and really the majority of it is UI and voice over stuff. I still wish they would change the CFM UI too but sadly like most of the things within it, I don't think there will be much changed on a whole.
No it is that bad. The free agency logic is horrible. Players take no moeny at all which hurts online leagues alot. Along with the fact that the free agents have no logic. Peyton Manning will leave the Broncos to sign with the Titans?! I'm like huh? They need to add different player types and they want in FA like they did in Live.

Spoiler

Something like that will put alot of parody in leagues especially in online leagues. Lets say AP is 31 his body breaking down. Do you really think he would say "I'm a sign with the Jaguars instead of the Patriots". Hell no most of the time IRL there's logic behind what most players do. On madden in the off-season there isn't any. They need to scrap the way scouting works as well like you said. NO scount nor coach has that much on players before they step on the field.

I think it was NCAA scouting that gave you a range? Something like 81-94? Now something like that it give you a guessament not an automatic number on a college kid before he even steps on the field. If it was like that then Brady would've gone 1st round there be no guys like Alfred Morris. I would like for a more challenging off-season but we won't get it honestly.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #30
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
No it is that bad. The free agency logic is horrible. Players take no moeny at all which hurts online leagues alot. Along with the fact that the free agents have no logic. Peyton Manning will leave the Broncos to sign with the Titans?! I'm like huh? They need to add different player types and they want in FA like they did in Live.

Spoiler

Something like that will put alot of parody in leagues especially in online leagues. Lets say AP is 31 his body breaking down. Do you really think he would say "I'm a sign with the Jaguars instead of the Patriots". Hell no most of the time IRL there's logic behind what most players do. On madden in the off-season there isn't any. They need to scrap the way scouting works as well like you said. NO scount nor coach has that much on players before they step on the field.

I think it was NCAA scouting that gave you a range? Something like 81-94? Now something like that it give you a guessament not an automatic number on a college kid before he even steps on the field. If it was like that then Brady would've gone 1st round there be no guys like Alfred Morris. I would like for a more challenging off-season but we won't get it honestly.
I don't know. I'm not saying it can't be better but I'm willing to be a little bit more willing to understand the kind of randomness with free agency. But it definitely can be better. I kind of hit on something that would work to this before with the chemistry factor. You look at guys like Red Bryant and Chris Clemons and you'd think "why would you ever go from a team like the Seahawks to the Jaguars?". Well, the Jaguars head coach is the former Seahawks DC so you'd have to figure a large portion of that decision is based on ease of transition and knowledge of scheme. Which brings me to another point that I really hate the fact that players are locked into one type of scheme and player type.

I feel like all players should have like a scheme knowledge/fit rating or bar that determines how familiar they are with EVERY particular scheme as well as how well they fit into a given scheme. I think there should be something very similar for each playbook so that you can't just sign guys off the street in the middle of the season and plug them in immediately if they're not familiar with your scheme/playbook. And conversely, if you're trying to sign a player in the off-season that is very unfamiliar with the given scheme and a poor fit with your team, it's going to take more money for him to even consider your team and more than likely, you won't even be on his list. Something like this would also allow you to draft a player that maybe might not be the best scheme fit, but a better overall player and then have him grow within your system over time.

You could throw money, scheme fit/knowledge, playbook knowledge, location, playing time, and stuff along those lines into a player personality type thing but the only thing I worry about with it is having it be like things are now where there is no complexity to it. What I mean is say there is a guy that his highest priority is money, so he just takes the most money every single time. These have to be things that fluctuate as a player ages, as he gets hurt, as he doesn't play, as his team wins or loses, so on and so on. Everything needs to be dynamic with some complexity, not this cut and dry stuff we currently have.

So in short, on a whole I don't think it's that bad, but when you think about how much further and better you could possibly take it with just little tweaks and additions, it really is that bad.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #31
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

I spoke on different coaching styles affecting FA in the wishlist thread.I'm basically just tired of the scripted FA. Kaep always signs with the Saints or Raiders. Ray Lewis coming out of FA it's just the annoying things like that.It's killing the CFM for me personally if they can make the off-season dynamic and add some different presentation layouts and over things it should be fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

Beating a dead horse bro

NFL- BUCCS
NBA- MAGIC
NCCAF- FLA
AFGHANISTAN "2011-12" WAR VET

Redzone League
Cleveland Browns