Home

Rebuilding the Off-season

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the Off-season within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2014, 11:11 PM   #49
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Rebuilding the Off-season

Player/Team Options- Allow for player/team options to be negotiated in contracts. Allows for more creativity in negotiating contracts as well as additional management duties if a player opts out or if you feel the need to opt out of a contract of a under-performing player.

Transition Tag - The transition tag it a less expensive alternative to the franchise tag. The difference is that other teams can sign the player to an offer sheet as if they were an unrestricted free agent, but the original team has seven days to match. And unlike the franchise tag, if the player signs with another team, his original team receives no compensation.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #50
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Anyway to keep tabs on teams past draft classes? In real life we always go back to an draft class maybe 3-5 years and say "we should've gotten him" etc. I think this would be an good idea especially for online CFM's. Just something little that can go along way. Hell why stop there with that log that can be something added to the in game draft commentary or something on the ticker.

"Jets haven't drafted an offensive player in the 1st round since 2009"
Old 04-21-2014, 07:54 PM   #51
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
Anyway to keep tabs on teams past draft classes? In real life we always go back to an draft class maybe 3-5 years and say "we should've gotten him" etc. I think this would be an good idea especially for online CFM's. Just something little that can go along way. Hell why stop there with that log that can be something added to the in game draft commentary or something on the ticker.

"Jets haven't drafted an offensive player in the 1st round since 2009"
Definitely. I think that's one of those things that gets looked over when it comes to a franchise mode. I've always found it interesting to go back and look back on a previous season's results or a new free agent signings career previous to joining my team but the way it is now doesn't really allow for that. I really hope they clean up the UI and make stuff like that easily accessible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #52
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

DeuceDouglas -

Love the screens, with one exception - I really want to see the draft screen fully loaded with multiple "windows" where I never have to navigate away from the action.

I would love to see something where the actual draft order (the live banner/ticker so to speak is the top 1/4 of the screen and each pick would show the team, their needs and say 3 "projected possible picks".

The next 1/4 of the screen would be the trade arena - where I can offer a trade for the current pick, or any pick within say like five picks of the current pick - I can "open the phones" for any of my picks ahead of time - allowing other "GMs" to see that I am willing to "field calls for my next draft pick".

Next would be "my draft board" where the players are listed in the order I ranked them in (think NCAA's recruiting board). Here I can re-order my rankings as the draft progresses - IE I need a DT for instance and so I have ranked a couple fairly high on my board, I select one with the 22nd pick, now I don't need 2 so I can lower the remaining DTs on my board. This way I can adjust my board as the draft develops and if I have internet/EA server issues and get booted during the draft - I won't get a crap selection if the CPU has to make my next selection.

Finally, you would have the best available by (insert Kiper and one or two other "draft gurus") the board would rotate from say Kiper and McShay's rankings of the remaining players...

It does not need to be in that format, but I really want to see it all in on screen that I never have to navigate away from. If I am working a trade and the current selection is made I should be able to see it. If I am browsing through "my draft board" and the pick is made I should be able to see it and never have to leave what I am doing...

Heck, you could do it so that there is a "Radio City Music Hall" stage and do the whole pick walk across the stage deal on there too - though I crae less about that compared to the other stuff...
Old 04-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #53
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Love the screens, with one exception - I really want to see the draft screen fully loaded with multiple "windows" where I never have to navigate away from the action.
I was actually thinking the exact opposite. I love the ideas, and I really enjoy posts with mockups to help visualize - but I feel like there is way too much info on-screen at once here, specifically on the Draft presentation screens. The others I think might just be a font choice looking too 'overwhelming' to my eyes.

I mean, this is a purely subjective thing. What looks overwhelming to me might look fine to others. I also hate when real networks do the same thing.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #54
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
It does not need to be in that format, but I really want to see it all in on screen that I never have to navigate away from. If I am working a trade and the current selection is made I should be able to see it. If I am browsing through "my draft board" and the pick is made I should be able to see it and never have to leave what I am doing...
That's pretty much exactly what I had in mind. Like in the draft screenshots, basically the stuff along the bottom and side would never leave and everything you would possibly need to do in the upper left portion of the screen without ever needing to leave. And the only time anything would be interrupted would be when a selection was made. Maybe have the option to not have the player card pop up over your boards/trades when he is selected.

I definitely agree that at no point should you ever have to navigate away from the draft to do anything and that's kind of what I was trying to convey with the ability to switch through boards at will and look at player cards all in the upper left so it feels like you're still watching or in a draft-like process, but also have everything you would possibly ever need to trade or pick at your fingertips.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:17 PM   #55
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I was actually thinking the exact opposite. I love the ideas, and I really enjoy posts with mockups to help visualize - but I feel like there is way too much info on-screen at once here, specifically on the Draft presentation screens. The others I think might just be a font choice looking too 'overwhelming' to my eyes.

I mean, this is a purely subjective thing. What looks overwhelming to me might look fine to others. I also hate when real networks do the same thing.

I get what you are saying, and I don't really disagree completely, but I hate that you have to abandon what is going on to make a trade offer or look at your draft board - maybe the answer is in between there.

Like the top third of the screen is the draft order ticker and the bottom part you can toggle through the trade screen, my draft board, best available players, and current rosters.

This way you likely won't be overwhelmed with multiple screens and yet I can do "stuff" without "leaving" the draft screen...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #56
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

EA please hire this guy haha great ideas Deuce!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »