Home

Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2014, 03:06 AM   #105
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 15 - War In The Trenches 2.0 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
You're preaching to the choir now. That's what I wanted to see fixed way back in 2009/2010 when I put together running animations captures. I don't play Fifa and it's been forever now since I played NBA Live, but I figured the movement/locomotion would be the same for all games with different account for types of footwork (quick fast starts in NBA, trick moves in Fifa, etc) for each sport. Surprised to hear there's such a stark difference between Fifa and Madden.

Just sad to think we've been asking for movement to be fixed for 5 years now, and to know they had a semi-working build in 2011 build that apparently was just canned/nixed.

Has there been any reasoning why it was not implemented in Madden?

Either way we pretty much know what we are getting with Madden.
It will be a fun game to play (for me).
Far from perfect but honestly it never will reach the level a lot of us want but I'm still excited to get my franchise going.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 03:27 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

I like the ideas but as it always is with Tiburon ill wait to see how implementation goes.

Again, the lineman are too static when theyre going head2head. That steering mechanic should be at play at all times on the line to give it a more dynamic feel.

I had better see my CPU teammates using the new rush and steer moves as well. The steer mechanic also needs to be used for run plays. Give some semblance of hole responsibility on runs please.

QB animations are garbage and there still alot of ugly animations. And for the love of God stop having all the defenders have the same stance preplay. I can understand Linebackers having that hunched over nonathletic look, but the secondary need to look a bit more loose and upright/athletic. Lineman shouldnt all snap into place at the same time at the LOS either. Give the game some life Tiburon..

All in all it looks like a small improvement on the defensive side, assuming everything works as intended.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:58 AM   #107
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The reason the 11 vs. 11 online team play mode works so well in FIFA is because FIFA's footplanting and locomotion are much more realistic than what Madden currently has.

Without proper player movement, the 3 vs. 3 mode that Madden has just doesn't work very well. Right now, it's very hard to block a human defender or cover a human wide receiver, since they can just zig-zag freely all over the field without proper turning or momentum physics.

From my understanding, the Ignite engine is a sharing technology. Not exactly sure what that means coding and programming wise, but I'd figure any EA Sports team would be able to extract any worthy elements from different EA sports titles and implement it into their game. If FIFA's locomotion is praised by many, why doesn't team Madden simply "share" that part of FIFA's technology?

Another thing that might be concerning is the following statement "Each franchise will leverage the technology differently to create game experiences unique to their sport."

http://www.easports.com/news/article...-ignite-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Sports
Q: What are some of the benefits that we’ll see in the games powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE?
AW: First and foremost, shared technology will help us make better games. We’ll be more innovative, more efficient, and we’ll raise the quality bar across the titles. Each franchise will leverage the technology differently to create game experiences unique to their sport.

Q: How is EA SPORTS IGNITE different to other game engines?
AW: Our engine is built specifically for sports. For example, the new locomotion system was developed specifically to create player movement that is authentic to real-world athletes. EA SPORTS IGNITE is more than a rendering engine; it also combines run-time physics, animation, locomotion and online systems.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 07-10-2014, 06:39 AM   #108
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
From what I've heard from the devs, Sim, Smitty, and Markus, they are adding new animations each year until the old ones are almost completely gone. They added new ones last year and added a ton this year for defense and catch animations. Rex talked last year how he wants to get animations to a 90 quality level.
I like where this going and all with the new Defense animations. But they shouldn't just focus on defense. They should focus on offense blocking animations as well. Look some players going to the knees to slow down the defensive guy and stuff like that. Overall I'm liking what I'm seeing. I just don't want to see the AI keep getting to the human controlled QB in about a second. The human controlled offense line gives on the play way to quick and allows the AI to slip by way to easy. Been a problem for a few years now. I really hope that is fixed. And hopefully the CB running the the WR routes before the WR runs it is fixed this year. Tired of seeing the AI CB stay step for step with my WR on every play like glue. Overall I really hope this is the year can finally play a decent Madden for more then 2 weeks.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:20 AM   #109
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Thought you guys might like to see this

@tazdevil20: @ClintOldenburg Something to work on - OL quit when they get beat. Looks kind of silly. They just stand there. Patch maybe? Thx

@ClintOldenburg: @tazdevil20 not anymore they don't. Also something done in M15. No patch needed. You're welcome.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:33 AM   #110
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

instead now they do the cat daddy.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:01 AM   #111
Rookie

thesubmittedone's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
From my understanding, the Ignite engine is a sharing technology. Not exactly sure what that means coding and programming wise, but I'd figure any EA Sports team would be able to extract any worthy elements from different EA sports titles and implement it into their game. If FIFA's locomotion is praised by many, why doesn't team Madden simply "share" that part of FIFA's technology?

Another thing that might be concerning is the following statement "Each franchise will leverage the technology differently to create game experiences unique to their sport."

http://www.easports.com/news/article...-ignite-engine
I've been harping on this now for the last few weeks. I have yet to hear a single mention of the Ignite engine being put to use for Madden 15. They claimed last year that it was going to benefit them greatly, but I don't see a single "asset" used from another game like Fifa that does pretty much everything better than Madden being implemented.

This is what bothers me most about Tiburon, no matter who is in charge there. They've blatantly lied to us time and time again. They've claimed new features were going to change the way we play the game and almost EVERY TIME those new features create more problems than solve.

It's like, damnit, stop implementing new features that barely get used and are almost always broken and just fix the core game. JP is excited because Cam is trying to fix the foundation and then get to the "cute" stuff, lol? What!?!?

It's the complete opposite! Are these ridiculous animations and transitions that need complete overhauling "cute stuff"? Is basic football fundamentals the AI never is programmed for (DB/WR interactions; Oline/Dline schemes and proper techniques like setting the edge DEs/OLBs or not looking like an idiot after getting beat and sticking with your guy for Olinemen; WR awareness really mattering when thrown to early instead of it being almost automatic every time and they adjust magically to where the ball was thrown even while not looking, etc... ) "cute stuff"?

But, yeah... the tackling cone isn't cute. That's fundamental right there. Dlinemen/OLBs beating great Tackles like Trent Williams so bad he falls off of them like he weighs 20 pounds because I timed my button press right in some overpowered mini-game... that's fundamental. Being able to switch the camera so I can look at my players buttocks better on defense is clearly fundamental. Yup.

I guess I can't wait until the "cute stuff" comes.

I know they've done some things to solve the issues like true step and implementing a physics engine... but it's like they can't just do it right. Instead, they focus so much of their resources on these sideshow items that don't really affect the game much and, if they do, it's a negative impact because it's overpowered and people find a way to cheeze the crap out of it. Just focus, damnit. You can't tell me that casual fans want to see these silly things over a completely transformed, life-like football game that plays and looks authentic! How can that not be something marketable?

Last edited by thesubmittedone; 07-10-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #112
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesubmittedone
I've been harping on this now for the last few weeks. I have yet to hear a single mention of the Ignite engine being put to use for Madden 15. They claimed last year that it was going to benefit them greatly, but I don't see a single "asset" used from another game like Fifa that does pretty much everything better than Madden being implemented.

This is what bothers me most about Tiburon, no matter who is in charge there. They've blatantly lied to us time and time again. They've claimed new features were going to change the way we play the game and almost EVERY TIME those new features create more problems than solve.

It's like, damnit, stop implementing new features that barely get used and are almost always broken and just fix the core game. JP is excited because Cam is trying to fix the foundation and then get to the "cute" stuff, lol? What!?!?

It's the complete opposite! Are these ridiculous animations and transitions that need complete overhauling "cute stuff"? Is basic football fundamentals the AI never is programmed for (DB/WR interactions; Oline/Dline schemes and proper techniques like setting the edge DEs/OLBs or not looking like an idiot after getting beat and sticking with your guy for Olinemen; WR awareness really mattering when thrown to early instead of it being almost automatic every time and they adjust magically to where the ball was thrown even while not looking, etc... ) "cute stuff"?

But, yeah... the tackling cone isn't cute. That's fundamental right there. Dlinemen/OLBs beating great Tackles like Trent Williams so bad he falls off of them like he weighs 20 pounds because I timed my button press right in some overpowered mini-game... that's fundamental. Being able to switch the camera so I can look at my players buttocks better on defense is clearly fundamental. Yup.

I guess I can't wait until the "cute stuff" comes.

I know they've done some things to solve the issues like true step and implementing a physics engine... but it's like they can't just do it right. Instead, they focus so much of their resources on these sideshow items that don't really affect the game much and, if they do, it's a negative impact because it's overpowered and people find a way to cheeze the crap out of it. Just focus, damnit. You can't tell me that casual fans want to see these silly things over a completely transformed, life-like football game that plays and looks authentic! How can that not be something marketable?

do something about it.......get off these game boards and actually do something.....gather signatures for a petition & get a lawsuit going

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »