Home

Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

This is a discussion on Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would You Be Interested In Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?
Yes 22 28.95%
No 48 63.16%
Undecided 6 7.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2014, 12:05 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

That is asking for too much. Since the game is designed mainly as an arcade-ish game first... Too big of a change.

Would be nice tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #18
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Voted no as I feel it's unrealistic and would require probably beyond VC-levels of monetization to be worthwhile as DLC.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #19
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

No because it should already be in the game.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #20
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Large amount of "no" but I feel that. Just seems to me that's the only way, without direct competition, Madden will ever have a way to play it as realistic as possible. I'm just accepting reality and trying to find some angle to get as close to realism I can, given it.

Go look at videos of M25 PS4/Xbox1 and you'll see pretty much the same gameplay styles still as effective in 2013 as they were in 2005. I completely understand anyone not wanting to pay extra for what the game is already advertised to be but it's apparent at this point, they have no intention of providing that game for the retail purchase price.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #21
Rookie

First things first, I know that what I am about to suggest will NEVER happen...doesn't mean its not right though!

Just release a new version on PC...the PC gamers and mod community would ultimately figure out or create a way to edit the game and that would give the community the opportunity to show up EA within a year or two max. Simulation football would take an immediate step forward.

If you allowed the users to actually fix the game (a hex editor or better yet a way to rewrite the logic and change the way the game determines outcomes), the missing features, uniform and roster errors, wonky line play and interactions, ridiculous number of "big" hits instead of form tackles or drag downs, etc. etc. etc. would immediately start being fixed and removed. Instead of worrying about back of the box items, recycled 'new' features and marketing ploys, a mod community would go to work on eliminating the legacy issue backlog and I guarantee they would produce a better game because of that focus.

This all happened with Madden NFL 2007 (that ran off of the PS2/XB engine) which is pretty much why EA never released an updated version with the core PS3/XB360 engine. Hell the PC game released on Infinity engine and without any Ignite features/code would still be sufficient!

The standard issue reason for no PC version is always that it would be too cost prohibitive to release, but with the game being BUILT on PCs and optimized for already outdated console hardware, this is not true. It could be digitally distributed and the costs would be negligible at that point - making anything over a few thousand units profitable...at least until the PC mod community started showing up the "talent" at Tiburon and fixed their broken game with a functional one that had no mistakes, omissions or broken features (like wind indicators or ratings, etc.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The Madden on PC discussion was already beaten to death here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...=why+madden+pc

Let's not rehash that, please.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #23
Banned

Live2K's Arena

I'm not even sure what the sim community wants anymore. You guys just need to pick 3 things and get the whole community focused on getting it to EA.

Toning down QB accuracy I think is a major step in the right direction for better sim play.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #24
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

I didn't need to pay double for mlb the show, can't imagine madden ever being worth twice the price of that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »