Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #321
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by atc43

5. Deep Realistic CFM; If you guys are going the route of realism please remove XP!
What's with the hate for the xp mode? I really like it. It needs to be tweaked with how much xp you earn during practice and whatnot but I think it's a great idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 11:06 AM   #322
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Wow, this may be the first Madden I get since Madden 08. The movement looks better here than in the trailers.
I'll wait for reviews.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #323
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Wow, this may be the first Madden I get since Madden 08. The movement looks better here than in the trailers.
I'll wait for reviews.
Yeah I kept reading that people were impressed with player movement in the articles from their impressions at Summer Showcase and wasn't sure about it based on E3 vids, but they definitely worked on it since then. You can especially tell on QB drop backs, they plant more and there seems to be more weight to players overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #324
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
What's with the hate for the xp mode? I really like it. It needs to be tweaked with how much xp you earn during practice and whatnot but I think it's a great idea.
Personal preference. Same reason you like it. You want the micromanaging, unrealistic control over progression (like many others do) and there is nothing wrong with that. Many others want and need a realistic progression system in order to feel immerced into their CFM. Many of us have a preference for a realistic off field franchise mode.

The best solution for consumers is to give the consumer choices instead of one or the other.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #325
Rookie

Quote:
My problem with XP is thus:

Let's say you have a scrambling QB. You rack up tons of XP with rushing yards and rushing touchdowns. You can then use that XP gained with your legs to make your passing accuracy better. That just makes no sense whatsoever.

It should be like Elder Scrolls. The more you practice a certain skill and the more successful you are at performing those skills in-game, the more points you should get added to that skill. As your player ages, the amount your skills can rise decreases until you're essentially just keeping your attributes steady - keeping them from falling.

A system like this makes total sense to me. Being able to be terrible in a skill, and at the same time make that skill better, doesn't make sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #326
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
My problem with XP is thus:

Let's say you have a scrambling QB. You rack up tons of XP with rushing yards and rushing touchdowns. You can then use that XP gained with your legs to make your passing accuracy better. That just makes no sense whatsoever.

It should be like Elder Scrolls. The more you practice a certain skill and the more successful you are at performing those skills in-game, the more points you should get added to that skill. As your player ages, the amount your skills can rise decreases until you're essentially just keeping your attributes steady - keeping them from falling.

A system like this makes total sense to me. Being able to be terrible in a skill, and at the same time make that skill better, doesn't make sense.
Alright so I have a question. In MLB the show there is a similar system where you tell your players what to train. Now why isn't that bashed or not liked like madden? Is it because there are no points involved?
Old 07-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #327
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Alright so I have a question. In MLB the show there is a similar system where you tell your players what to train. Now why isn't that bashed or not liked like madden? Is it because there are no points involved?
Because in the Show it's only a guideline system, and that's also not the only stat they progress in from one season to another. If I choose Mike Trout to do weight training to increase his power, then that will give him a few extra point's worth of power on top of all the other progression he will experience throughout the season.

If this was applied to Madden it would be great. For an example, I want to train Johnny Manziel in throw power. I assign him that drill. Over the course of the season the majority of his stats are increased by 4 points, but because I specified that I wanted him to train in throw power, that goes up by 7.

I might not be doing the greatest job explaining this but hopefully you get my point.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #328
Rookie

OVR: 3
I wasn't gonna even get a gen 4 console unless madden and nhl really imressed me, color me imressed by madden. nhl is looking good too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »