Home

Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #49
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

What would be a good roster to use once M15 comes out?
Old 07-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #50
Banned

JetLife6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalpoop
lol russell wilson was on a run HEAVY team and had a great defense backing him up. he was rarely asked to put the team on his back to win a game nor did he really.

tom on the other hand, had kenbrell tompkins and aaron dobson as his main receiving targets for roughly 1/4 of the season.

madden's ratings have always ranked amongst the worst of all sports video games.

and what makes it even worse is the balance and fairness of ratings in games like FIFA which is also produced by EA. arguably the best player in the world in soccer is rated a 94 in the game.
yeah madden's ratings are just baffling. I would love for Manning to be 94. brady 92...etc. more varied and realistic ratings.

They really need to overhaul how they rate players. Basically in all sports video games. the 1-100 scale doesn't have a lot of room for differentiation. Up until this point.. 2 93 overall players basically play pretty much the same
Old 07-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #51
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
And your point is? Look who his receivers were most of the year. The defense wasn't good and he had just an OK supporting cast but, they got to the AFC championship game. Can't base ratings just on stat's. It's not Tecmo Bowl.
By his own standards he had a bad year.

2nd worst completion % of his career
Worst TD% of his career
3rd worst YPA of his career
4th worst QB Rating of his career

His AV (which you can read about here) was the 3rd worst of his career.

He's going to be 37 before the season starts, and, by any measure, he had an average-to-below-average year last season. When you couple that with Wilson's ability as a runner, are you really that surprised that they're rated the same?

Besides, don't we all agree that OVR is kinda irrelevant anyway?

edit: BTW, the defense not being good actually hurts his case for a high rating more than you'd think. They had the second-most plays in the NFL, which helps numbers like raw passing yards, points per game, etc. His efficiency is the alarming part. The pats ranked 10th in pass attempts. Of the 10 teams above them, they ranked 9th in completion %, 9th in td%, 3rd in INT%, last in YPA, 9th in qbrating

Last edited by mrprice33; 07-22-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #52
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Brady's 2013 passer rankings

21st in completion %
22nd in TD %
7th in INT%
20th in YPA
17th in QB Rating
11th in QBR
Tom Brady when Gronkowski wasn't hurt:
182/284 (64%), 2205 yards, 13 touchdowns, 5 interceptions.

He was throwing to whom those 9 games while Gronk was hurt? Julian Edelman (who is only now considered a #1 WR), Danny "Damaged" Amendola, Aaron "Dropson" who I believe was second in drops for a while, Kenbrell Thompkins, played 12 games, Josh Boyce played only 9 games. Didn't help Ridley was fumbling games away, either. And still got to the AFC championship, for the third straight year. This isn't me being a Pats fan, these are facts.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #53
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Here's my thoughts on the ratings.

I dislike Peyton Manning more than any other player. If he's not a 99 based off of stats (that's why Donny said brady was so low) then there should be no one at 99. He broke the two biggest passing records before the last week of the season.

Now to Brady. As others have said he has to do more with less. Look at the broncos regular season game, the saints game, and so on. I will admit his deep ball has fallen off, but again he basically has all slot WRs.

Don't think Wilson belongs in the top 5. Let's see how good he is once he's making top dollar and it hinders the hawks cap space.

The good thing is it kind of looks like the ratings aren't too high. The past few years it seemed like 12-15 QBs were rated 90+.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #54
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Here's my thoughts on the ratings.

I dislike Peyton Manning more than any other player. If he's not a 99 based off of stats (that's why Donny said brady was so low) then there should be no one at 99. He broke the two biggest passing records before the last week of the season.

Now to Brady. As others have said he has to do more with less. Look at the broncos regular season game, the saints game, and so on. I will admit his deep ball has fallen off, but again he basically has all slot WRs.

Don't think Wilson belongs in the top 5. Let's see how good he is once he's making top dollar and it hinders the hawks cap space.

The good thing is it kind of looks like the ratings aren't too high. The past few years it seemed like 12-15 QBs were rated 90+.
The patriots also were 2nd in the NFL in drops.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #55
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

Clearly evident how overpowered the Seahawks are going to be in M15.

If you get to the SB from the AFC then be prepared to play the Seahawks.

If you plan to get to the SB from the NFC then be prepared to play the Seahawks in the NFCCG.

They are literally going to be that team that is near impossible to win. At least I won't be playing them in my first Season with the Saints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #56
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
The patriots also were 2nd in the NFL in drops.
Aaron Dobson, who was a second-target for Brady early in the season was second in drop rate (23.53, 8 drops of 34 catchable passes). How are you gonna throw 55 touchdowns with stuff like that happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »