Home

Your Opinion: Madden 15 teams.

This is a discussion on Your Opinion: Madden 15 teams. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #49
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Your Opinion: Madden 15 teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Most of this, for me, depends on if o-line ratings matter this year and if the QB accuracy is as realistic as they claim.
I'm basing it off of what has been true for the longest time, that any QB is replaceable, speed rules, and OL isn't a factor.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #50
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm gonna be that guy and hype up my Indianapolis Colts, haha.

On offense we know Luck is great, especially on Madden since he is really fast and can take off. If Madden gives Richardson and Bradshaw good enough ratings then the running game won't be that bad. Remember, Richardson was an animal on madden last year when he got traded to the Colts. I didn't play Madden towards the end of last year so I don't know if his rating dropped. As for the receivers, I mean what else is there to know. Wayne and Nicks on the outside with T.Y Hilton in the slot. Two good TEs in Fleener and Allen. O-Line isn't spectacular I get that but Luck will have him some weapons this year that's for sure. Wouldn't be shocked if all 3 WRs I mentioned are above 85 OVR. I doubt it will happen but you never know.

As for the defense, I agree there is nothing to drool over. Corey Redding and Arthur Jones are the only quality D-Linemen that will have a decent rating. Mathis I'm sure will be high along with Jerrell Freeman and newly acquired D'Qwell Jackson. Vontae Davis is we all know is rated a 92, which surprised me because he got exposed numerous times last year. Madden always loves Vontae. LaRon Landry will be rated good enough I'm sure.

All in all if you don't care about your defense then the Colts might be an option. They should definitely be in the conversation as a top 5 offense I think. Especially if Madden overrates Richardson.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #51
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo80
You said the Pats are weak at both safety positions. Um what? Devin McCourty is top 5 rated in Madden this year and Chung backing up Tavon Wilson aint shabby.
I addressed this earlier. Pat Chung is one of the worst safeties I've ever had to watch play football. Never in place, can't cover a bed, and has trouble actually wrapping up lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 09:53 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I addressed this earlier. Pat Chung is one of the worst safeties I've ever had to watch play football. Never in place, can't cover a bed, and has trouble actually wrapping up lol.
The difference between good real-life safeties and Madden ones is that in Madden you just have to have hit power and even an average player can hit stick his way to success because of the ease of use of that mechanic.

In real life, you have to have a much more robust skill set.

Until Madden fully disallows unrealistic change of direction and run speed and makes hit sticking less arcade-like, it will continue to be this way.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:01 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
The difference between good real-life safeties and Madden ones is that in Madden you just have to have hit power and even an average player can hit stick his way to success because of the ease of use of that mechanic.

In real life, you have to have a much more robust skill set.

Until Madden fully disallows unrealistic change of direction and run speed and makes hit sticking less arcade-like, it will continue to be this way.
speaking of hit stick....now that the NFL is a flag football league, everytime someone uses hit stick it should be a 15 yard penalty! just saying...
Old 08-05-2014, 06:46 AM   #54
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Pat Chung isn't going to be starting for the Patriots this year, Duron Harmon is and he is going to surprise a lot of people. At this point Chung isn't even guaranteed to make the team in real life. As of right now the two FS are McCourty and Wilson and the SS are Harmon and Ebner (for his special teams) the rookie Thomas will probably make it as well.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #55
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
They do have a few good players, no doubting that at all. Goldson was already there last Season and they lost their best CB. Verner, Banks and Johnson are still unproven especially in Madden and will not be rated that highly. Glennon had an okay season and considering they are in the division against NO, ATL and CAR it will be difficult during the first few seasons to even make the playoffs. Who knows how Glennon will progress in M15. I think their fans will be in for a disappointing season both IRL and in Madden.
Verner is an 87 in the game with 89 MCV and 88 ZCV. In real life and in the game Carolina is going to be horrible this year, they have no one for Cam to throw to (in the game Cotchery is the best WR at 80ovr), the offensive line is patchwork at best and the RB's have a lot of wear on them. Atlanta and New Orleans are good but not unbeatable.

My prediction for the NFC South this year:

New Orleans - 11-5
Atlanta - 10-6
Tampa Bay - 8-8
Carolina - 5-11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #56
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Chiefs have a solid front 7, and Eric Berry, but I don't think they crack the top 5 in Madden 15. Their CBs are weak.

Patriots
Seahawks
9ers
Browns
Buccs
Cardinals
Packers
Broncos

In no particular order, all ahead of the Chiefs in my opinion of course.

The Chiefs CB's aren't all pro's but they have promise. Cooper had a very good rookie season, they signed Sean Smith in the offseason and drafted Phillip Gaines. They could surprise this year especially with the safties they have backing them up in Berry and Abdullah. IRL the Bronco's need to hope Talib plays a whole season and doesn't have another phantom injury in the playoffs. Outside of him they are weak at CB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »