Home

Season Mode ?

This is a discussion on Season Mode ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #49
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Season Mode ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
QUOTE]

. What the hell does not wanting to play multiple seasons have to do with being a "hardcore" gamer? I probably play a sports game for a longer time than you do. While a ton of people are done with playing a game like the Show or Nba 2k after a few months, I play the entire season.

What's funny is ur way is infinitely more boring and frustrating in my opinion. With ur way u have to deal with stupid ai roster moves and trades. With ur way u can only control one team and play games with that one team.

Anyway to each his own. If that way works for u continue to play that way. Just don't knock people who play differently.
Simple. Hardcore gamers are the ones who want true simulation, they want to build their team like a GM does. Casual gamers do not care about that and would rather have everything handed to them as quickly as possible so they can move on to the next game. That's the purpose of Franchise, well now CFM. Also I play Madden all the way up til the next Madden, even going as far as creating every rookie and moving players around based upon Free Agency.

Even with us being in the PS4/XBOX 1 era, we all know the AI will always make stupid decisions. It's something we have to live with. Well true but you can always control all 32 teams as well. While it is a ridiculous process of making 32 profiles, you just have to be patient but blame EA for taking out the simplified process of selecting 32 teams.

Seems more like you all are the equivalent of this generation, everything has to be now. You must win the Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Finals, NOW. If something takes too long, you want nothing to do with it.

"I didn't win the Super Bowl in year one, I give up. I don't want to build my team and make my team better. I don't want to add a missing piece that could win me that Super Bowl. It's just too long of a process."

I just know based upon this board, we have a lot of people who want true to life simulation in terms of building a team to a Super Bowl. Haven't seen much desire for season mode until this thread. If anything, again point your frustration at EA for not fixing their simulation engine where it's so slow to simulate the certain stages of the season.

Last edited by goravens2052; 08-04-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #50
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Simple. Hardcore gamers are the ones who want true simulation, they want to build their team like a GM does. That's the purpose of Franchise, well now CFM. Also I play Madden all the way up til the next Madden, even going as far as creating every rookie and moving players around based upon Free Agency.

Even with us being in the PS4/XBOX 1 era, we all know the AI will always make stupid decisions. It's something we have to live with. Well true but you can always control all 32 teams as well. While it is a ridiculous process of making 32 profiles, you just have to be patient.

Seems more like you all are the equivalent of this generation, everything has to be now. You must win the Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Finals, NOW. If something takes too long, you want nothing to do with it.

"I didn't win the Super Bowl in year one, I give up. I don't want to build my team and make my team better. I don't want to add a missing piece that could win me that Super Bowl. It's just too long of a process."

I just know based upon this board, we have a lot of people who want true to life simulation in terms of building a team to a Super Bowl. Haven't seen much desire for season mode until this thread. If anything be mad at EA for not fixing their simulation engine where it's so slow to simulate the certain stages of the season.

If u wanted a true sim you wouldn't rely on the CPU to make moves because that isn't a true simulation.

True simulations are found in games that do that right like front office football and ootp. Also don't assume anything about how any of us play. If u would bother to read our posts describing how we play, u would realize ur description of us being in the must have it now generation is complete bull****.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #51
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
So your telling me all you want to do is win the championship in the first season, that's it? Holy boring batman. As bad as the AI is in terms of drafting and FA, you miss out on the accomplishment and success of building a team toward a championship over time.

Last I checked, you can create a coach, retire that character and make a whole new one on a new team. So you get that feeling of playing with a new team each season.

To the OP and others who want this, are you casual gamers? That's the only way I can figure out how you only want to play one season. Hardcore fans want full CFM depth and love to control how they build their team.
all 32 teams in real life goal is to win the super bowl.

and yes having to spend 30 friggin minutes to create 32 profiles then having to make sure all the friggin rosters are accurate for a couple more hours is a pain!!

I just want to hit square seletct all 32 teams and use current rosters and start the damm season!!!!

and btw I play every single game of the season and control all offecnes

so I like to see the stats and know I created all those stats for the entire season with every damm game every snap. by the time I have finished the entire season it's about Janurary. so no I am not going to play 1 season in 3 days win a super bowl in CFM move and then play with fake generic players and moves

I skipped madden 12 altogther when the idiots at EA took out 32 team control and took away all my fun of doing this. they wanted to turn the game into a RPG fantasy

Last edited by Jibbler; 08-04-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #52
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

My posts on this thread clearly say what I want to see back in Madden in the near future. But I have one more thing to add. Adding a "quick season" mode back into Madden has nothing to do with going backwards. It has to do with keeping a big chunk of your loyal customers happy. Loyal customers like me and others who have shelled out thousands over the years to play this game.

For any of the big time fans of the whole CCM/CFM who cringe when people like us are asking for this back let me remind you that the way you choose to enjoy Madden may not be the way others do. And you know who really needs to understand that? The devs at EA. They take things/features/modes away from us without batting an eye. Without taking the time or researching whether or not it would upset many of their customers. They do it because they THINK they know what everybody wants. One problem, you cant assume that everyone is going to be happy with the changes made with the enormous size of their consumer base.

All I have to say is I applaud the dev team with the NCAA 14 edition that even though Dynasty mode was "their baby". They still went ahead and did the right thing for the gamers who don't want to get into the "off the field" micromanagement, and added the Quick Season mode. Problem solved end of story everyone gets what they want. Dynasty was still their bread and butter mode. Its a shame the game is no longer around because I enjoyed the HELL out of that mode coming back. I must have played through entire seasons with 15 schools AT LEAST.

I can only HOPE the Madden devs do the same thing for us now in the near future.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:13 PM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
So your telling me all you want to do is win the championship in the first season, that's it? Holy boring batman. As bad as the AI is in terms of drafting and FA, you miss out on the accomplishment and success of building a team toward a championship over time.

Last I checked, you can create a coach, retire that character and make a whole new one on a new team. So you get that feeling of playing with a new team each season.

To the OP and others who want this, are you casual gamers? That's the only way I can figure out how you only want to play one season. Hardcore fans want full CFM depth and love to control how they build their team.
So if you want to play single seasons, you're a casual gamer? The only way to play is the way you play?

There are a ton of hardcore fans here who don't want full CFM depth or CFM at all.

I don't get this kind of logic where there's only one way to "properly" play the game. And when did different options as how to play become a bad thing?
Old 08-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #54
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Simple. Hardcore gamers are the ones who want true simulation, they want to build their team like a GM does.
Most people who say stuff like this wouldn't know a true simulation if it bit them in the ***. And TBH a true simulation of the NFL both on and off the field really doesn't exist. Although for GM stuff you could make an argument for FOF as it's fairly deep.

Quote:

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read in the Madden forums, and that's truly a legendary feat. With the people you are responding to, you couldn't be more off the mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
all 32 teams in real life goal is to win the super bowl.

and yes having to spend 30 friggin minutes to create 32 profiles then having to make sure all the friggin rosters are accurate for a couple more hours is a pain!!

I just want to hit square seletct all 32 teams and use current rosters and start the damm season!!!!

and btw I play every single game of the season and control all offecnes

so I like to see the stats and know I created all those stats for the entire season with every damm game every snap. by the time I have finished the entire season it's about Janurary. so no I am not going to play 1 season in 3 days win a super bowl in CFM move and then play with fake generic players and moves

I skipped madden 12 altogther when the idiots at EA took out 32 team control and took away all my fun of doing this. they wanted to turn the game into a RPG fantasy
I guess you're a casual gamer.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #55
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
While it is a ridiculous process of making 32 profiles, you just have to be patient but blame EA for taking out the simplified process of selecting 32 teams.

If anything, again point your frustration at EA for not fixing their simulation engine where it's so slow to simulate the certain stages of the season.
Yes, that is exactly what we are doing with this thread. I don't think anyone ever said they should get rid of CFM or stop developing it. We are merely asking for a slightly modified version of the mode which would be minimal effort to develop. I'll never understand why some people get so defensive any time they come across someone who plays the game differently than they do???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #56
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

To me a casual gamer for a sports game is someone that is a casual fan of sport.. IE someone who buys a game and doesnt care about rosters and updates and wouldn't even know who all the players are apart from the QB

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »