Home

Season Mode ?

This is a discussion on Season Mode ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #57
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Season Mode ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Most people who say stuff like this wouldn't know a true simulation if it bit them in the ***. And TBH a true simulation of the NFL both on and off the field really doesn't exist. Although for GM stuff you could make an argument for FOF as it's fairly deep.

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read in the Madden forums, and that's truly a legendary feat. With the people you are responding to, you couldn't be more off the mark.

I guess you're a casual gamer.

Those same people are the ones who criticize their own teams moves and their own GM for not making moves THEY would have made. Those same people play Armchair GM, and yet Madden allows you to do so in CFM. EA knows people want to do that, they know how fans get upset over handing big contracts to players they don't like. They then go, well I wouldn't have given him that contract. Madden allows those to do whatever and run it the way they would. They can cut that guy that his team gave a big contract too, etc.

Really you don't think people want their games to give them everything now? Come on, it's why casuals complain that Madden is so tough. They don't want to learn to play the right way so they complain and say it's too tough. EA then has to find a way to cater to them so they buy the game.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #58
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Those same people are the ones who criticize their own teams moves and their own GM for not making moves THEY would have made. Those same people play Armchair GM, and yet Madden allows you to do so in CFM. EA knows people want to do that, they know how fans get upset over handing big contracts to players they don't like. They then go, well I wouldn't have given him that contract. Madden allows those to do whatever and run it the way they would. They can cut that guy that his team gave a big contract too, etc.

Really you don't think people want their games to give them everything now? Come on, it's why casuals complain that Madden is so tough. They don't want to learn to play the right way so they complain and say it's too tough. EA then has to find a way to cater to them so they buy the game.
Huh? If I want to play a close to true life simulation of the NFL from a GM perspective, I'll play FOF. It's far more true to life and challenging than anything Madden has delivered.

I am not sure how wanting season mode correlates to the game being too hard or casual. I am not really sure how anything you said correlates to much of anything, nevertheless the point you were attempting to make.

Since when is more options on how to play the game a bad thing? How is it you are the authority on realism, what people want and what makes people hardcore or not? Why is it you feel the way you play should be the only way for people to play?

Looking at the people who want season mode just in this thread, I see a awful lot of people with an awful lot of real life hands on football knowledge. Not sure why you would think the game would be too technical or hard for them.

For me personally I don't give a crap about all the off the field, stuff. I just don't. I want to play the games. It's about football to me, not fake drafts and hot dog prices.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-04-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #59
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Huh? If I want to play a close to true life simulation of the NFL from a GM perspective, I'll play FOF. It's far more true to life and challenging than anything Madden has delivered.

I am not sure how wanting season mode correlates to the game being too hard or casual. I am not really sure how anything you said correlates to much of anything, nevertheless the point you were attempting to make.

Since when is more options on how to play the game a bad thing? How is it you are the authority on realism, what people want and what makes people hardcore or not? Why is it you feel the way you play should be the only way for people to play?

Looking at the people who want season mode just in this thread, I see a awful lot of people with an awful lot of real life hands on football knowledge. Not sure why you would think the game would be too technical or hard for them.

For me personally I don't give a crap about all the off the field, stuff. I just don't. I want to play the games. It's about football to me, not fake drafts and hot dog prices.

Ok, as someone said before, Dynasty mode was NCAA's bread and butter. For Madden, CFM should be their bread and butter, and main focus. Since that mode is the only true career mode, it should be the primary focus. Career modes are THE mode every sports game out there revolves around. Not MUT, and if I want to collect NFL Cards I'll go buy TOPPS trading cards.

The Draft, Training Camp, Free Agency are all about Football too. I just don't think EA's top priority is a season mode. Just either play one season in CFM and start over or just use Play Now.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:15 PM   #60
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
To me a casual gamer for a sports game is someone that is a casual fan of sport.. IE someone who buys a game and doesnt care about rosters and updates and wouldn't even know who all the players are apart from the QB
I consider myself a casual gamer only because I don't have hours upon hours to spend on the sticks. I have limited gaming time and don't want to waste it creating profiles for 32 teams, setting ticket prices and all that other crap -- if you have the time and that's your bag, that's fine.

Being a casual gamer doesn't mean you're a casual fan of the sport (I am a hardcore sports fan) or lack knowledge of the sport (I'm quite informed and keep up to date) or will settle for a substandard product (I won't waste my time with crap games).

The point is, a basic season mode would be a tremendous option -- nothing frivolous about it.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Ok, as someone said before, Dynasty mode was NCAA's bread and butter. For Madden, CFM should be their bread and butter, and main focus. Since that mode is the only true career mode, it should be the primary focus. Career modes are THE mode every sports game out there revolves around. Not MUT, and if I want to collect NFL Cards I'll go buy TOPPS trading cards.

The Draft, Training Camp, Free Agency are all about Football too. I just don't think EA's top priority is a season mode. Just either play one season in CFM and start over or just use Play Now.
So there should only be one mode? Got it. Options are bad? Got it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #62
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I consider myself a casual gamer only because I don't have hours upon hours to spend on the sticks. I have limited gaming time and don't want to waste it creating profiles for 32 teams, setting ticket prices and all that other crap -- if you have the time and that's your bag, that's fine.

Being a casual gamer doesn't mean you're a casual fan of the sport (I am a hardcore sports fan) or lack knowledge of the sport (I'm quite informed and keep up to date) or will settle for a substandard product (I won't waste my time with crap games).

The point is, a basic season mode would be a tremendous option -- nothing frivolous about it.
It's exactly how I play MLB The Show, which most of us can agree is a much more true to life simulation to it's sport than Madden. Having it in The Show is huge as far as I am concerned.

I don't want all the overhead, I just want to play.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:19 PM   #63
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Yes, that is exactly what we are doing with this thread. I don't think anyone ever said they should get rid of CFM or stop developing it. We are merely asking for a slightly modified version of the mode which would be minimal effort to develop. I'll never understand why some people get so defensive any time they come across someone who plays the game differently than they do???
I agree. Look I want to play as all 32 teams as well, I like to create my own storylines within Madden. Just I want the offseason stuff included so it allows me to even further create my own storylines within free agency and the draft.

I just don't see how nobody else would not want to build teams into Super Bowl champions. Pretty sure if there was a poll here, everyone would choose deeper improvements in CFM over a season mode. Franchise has been THE reason people buy Madden. Look at the threads asking how they going to build a team, which team they will use, etc.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #64
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Pretty sure if there was a poll here, everyone would choose deeper improvements in CFM over a season mode.
Going just on this thread, you'd be wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »