Home

Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #217
MVP
 
Sheba2011's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Re: Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
So I just now got to watch this and I see that after a week of "game prep" the Browns are only able to develop 3 players? This means it will be ridiculously hard to develop players through practice now. Why should only 3 players see improvement after a week of practice?
I think it really depends on how you choose to spend your points. There is the option to develop your entire defense or offense which costs less points but you get less XP/Confidence out of it. For the Drills you are spending individual 1 on 1 times with that particular player which costs more but you get more XP. In the real NFL between weeks they spend the majority of the time preparing for the next game, they don't have a lot of extra time to devote to 1 on 1 development of a player. I think that's why it costs so much. The 1 on 1 time is meant for your future superstars. Take a look at my team the New England Patriots. This training camp Jimmy Garroppollo has been seen getting 1 on 1 time with the coaches (usually Josh McDaniels or Brian Daboll) while everyone else is either practicing or running drills. He is the future of the franchise so they are willing to spend the time to develop him more so than other players.
Sheba2011 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #218
Pro
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2004
Question Re: Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
Ya one of the dudes said trade logic was improved to have more trades.Which scares me since trades hardly happen ever in football. Could really ruin connected Franchise
I have not played Madden in a couple of years, please tell me there is an option to turn off trades in CFM?

NFL trades are very rare, and I'd rather have none than any.
m-dogg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #219
MVP
 
Sheba2011's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Re: Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
I have not played Madden in a couple of years, please tell me there is an option to turn off trades in CFM?

NFL trades are very rare, and I'd rather have none than any.
They are not as rare as people are making them out to be. There have been 12 trades already this year. The NFL has averaged just under 25 trades a season over the past few seasons. And you look at some of the names involved it's not exactly role players: Revis, Talib, Reggie Bush, Carson Palmer, Vontae Davis, Asante Samuel, Anquan Boldin.
Sheba2011 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #220
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
We would have to see Atlanta roster to see what trades were really made. Hester actually a signed a 3 year deal with Atalnta, and in the second and third years the Falcons can save money against the cap by cutting him. Quizz and Biermann are in the final year of their rookie deals so they might not have resigned him and the Marshalls just added them in free agency. We don't really know what happened to Cutler/Forte. Maybe Cutler was injured (has missed 12 games over the last 3 seasons) or maybe he regressed to the point and they game-planned Fales to the point where he was the better QB. We really can't make too much of the logic based on this scenario without looking at the Falcons roster and the Bears injury report/depth chart.

Lol. I know. I'm actually not trying to give madden a hard time, here. Mostly joking about what trades might have happened. And, I can imagine team decision logic is actually quite difficult to create, so I don't really hold it against them. I do find some things comical, though. And, to the other points you're making, the NFL has seen it's share of randomness, so I don't fault madden as much as others on this score, 4 sure.
OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #221
MVP
 
Sheba2011's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Re: Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. I know. I'm actually not trying to give madden a hard time, here. Mostly joking about what trades might have happened. And, I can imagine team decision logic is actually quite difficult to create, so I don't really hold it against them. I do find some things comical, though. And, to the other points you're making, the NFL has seen it's share of randomness, so I don't fault madden as much as others on this score, 4 sure.
I think it's kind of funny to read some of the comments on here about how absurd some of this stuff is but then you look at roster moves in the real NFL (which i pointed out in a few posts) and it shows you never know what a GM will do virtual or real. I imagine it's next to impossible to program a realistic GM logic when you compare it to some of the actual moves in the NFL.
Sheba2011 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #222
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

Ok so after closely listening to what Gabe says at the start of the Bears Marshalls game, this is what is in for CFM presentation.

Commentary and banners for sack leaders, touchdowns, receptions. In the 4th quarter they will show your upcoming schedule, in pregame they will show division standings throughout the season, in the latter part of the season they will show the teams in the Playoffs and the teams in the wild card chase, in the Playoffs they will show the bracket and which teams are playing when.

So it seems like they will have a pretty good overall overview of what happens in a season but they need to go from a yearly look to a weekly one. Show weekly stat leaders instead of season leaders. Which leads me to this...,

We need to see them add a weekly wrap up and post game show, show is weekly leaders and highlights of other games, big injuries, transactions around the league.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-08-2014 at 12:23 PM.
jpdavis82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #223
MVP
 
Cowboy008's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Re: Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Ok so after closely listening to what Gabe says at the start of the Bears Marshalls game, this is what is in for CFM presentation.

Commentary and banners for sack leaders, touchdowns, receptions. In the 4th quarter they will show your upcoming schedule, in pregame they will show division standings throughout the season, in the latter part of the season they will show the teams in the Playoffs and the teams in the wild card chase, in the Playoffs they will show the bracket and which teams are playing when.

So it seems like they will have a pretty good overall overview of what happens in a season but they need to go from a yearly look to a weekly one. Show weekly stat leaders instead of season leaders. Which leads me to this...,

We need to see them add a weekly wrap up and post game show, show is weekly leaders and highlights of other games, big injuries, transactions around the league.
They have made a lot of improvements that I like and one that I really like is if you move a team like Jacksonville their field art in the end zone will not say Jacksonville anymore (I'm pretty sure that's what they meant). Another thing is that Phil and Nantz will say the name of rookies (I didn't play M25 so I don't know if it was in last year). One thing I hope they add next year is team records.
Cowboy008 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #224
MVP
 
Number999's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2013
Re: Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I think it's kind of funny to read some of the comments on here about how absurd some of this stuff is but then you look at roster moves in the real NFL (which i pointed out in a few posts) and it shows you never know what a GM will do virtual or real. I imagine it's next to impossible to program a realistic GM logic when you compare it to some of the actual moves in the NFL.
"The Colts would never cut Peyton Manning, so stupid and unrealistic."
Number999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.

Top -