Home

Madden NFL 15 - Player Ratings Visualized

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 - Player Ratings Visualized within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2014, 04:15 AM   #17
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Player Ratings Visualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
Yea there is. Maybe you don't see it....but there is.
Explain to me the major difference between them when it comes to being a QB. I realize Rodgers can run with the ball if he has to and Peyton can't. But when it comes to pure QB skills they are just about equal. There isn't much that separates Manning, Brady, Brees or Rodgers. In any given year any one of them can be the best QB in the NFL.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #18
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
Yea there is. Maybe you don't see it....but there is.

I think the biggest thing to remember is that the numerical ratings are still driving the attributes but all we see is color codes. So the game will still show a difference between players on the field but will make you become a coach. Put two of the same color OVR side by side and see how they perform.

This will allow people to stop complaining about their players rating (people will prob still complain). I think this is genius. But you would have to keep the formula like the OP, because if you assign the colors a range of numbers, it takes it all away and you might of well kept the numbers.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #19
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I have been saying this for years. They need to completely revamp the rating system (in all sports games). It would create a little bit more of realism to the game. A coach who drafts say Blake Bortles doesn't look at a chart and say we want this guy because he has an 85 short accuracy (or whatever his number is). They just know he has good to above average short accuracy. It would be great if certain ratings were completely hidden, would also help to create a lot more draft busts.
This.
It would also prevent us from seeing when a player is beginning to regress. When the ratings start slipping one knows to move in a different direction immediately. It will force us to pay attention to stats more and observation while playing.
You could also incorporate scouts into this and have better front offices seeing a more real time asesssment of color or grade changes.Where poor front offices maybe see it at seasons end or end of training camp.

Right now If I have the Vikes I can see exactly when Bridgewater becomes better than Matt Cassel and make the switch. All subjectivity is gone.

And as others have said you change nothing about how the ratings function. You are just hiding them and showing a generic color in it's place
Old 08-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #20
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
This.
It would also prevent us from seeing when a player is beginning to regress. When the ratings start slipping one knows to move in a different direction immediately. It will force us to pay attention to stats more and observation while playing.
You could also incorporate scouts into this and have better front offices seeing a more real time asesssment of color or grade changes.Where poor front offices maybe see it at seasons end or end of training camp.

Right now If I have the Vikes I can see exactly when Bridgewater becomes better than Matt Cassel and make the switch. All subjectivity is gone.

And as others have said you change nothing about how the ratings function. You are just hiding them and showing a generic color in it's place
Exactly the better your scouting staff the more accurate the colors they see and the more accurate their scouting report. But there also should be some variables involved where even the best scouts will occasionally miss on a player whereas the average and below average scouts will miss more frequently. It will add a huge level of realism to the game. You could even tie coaching into this, the better your coach the quicker ratings are revealed in pre-season.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Exactly the better your scouting staff the more accurate the colors they see and the more accurate their scouting report. But there also should be some variables involved where even the best scouts will occasionally miss on a player whereas the average and below average scouts will miss more frequently. It will add a huge level of realism to the game. You could even tie coaching into this, the better your coach the quicker ratings are revealed in pre-season.
I've seen this stated quite a bit over the years and the more I think about that part, the less I agree. No need for different scouts and stuff , imo, just use the color code ranges, for all the good reasons listed prior and the color coded OVR will essentially be a team specific variable, due to schemes and player type. It just taking the same system they have now and adding a color coded range to it preventing exact info. Also for the CPU AI, they need to be programmed the same way, to go after a ratings ranges/specific colors versus an exact number so they can't cheat the system under the hood.

For all players, specifically for in coming draft classes, I think the color code ranges should be wider for intangibles and skill sets initially, yet shrink or get closer to the OPs base range, the more playing time/snaps/reps they get. This would created a dynamic system where missing playing time, whether by injury, depth chart position or not on a team/seating in FA, makes those players intangibles/skill sets even harder to narrow down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #22
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

The only problem I see with a system like this in a game, is distinguishing players who you haven't actually played with/against. It's great for your own players, but when it comes to signing a FA, there would be too much unknown for my taste.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #23
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
The only problem I see with a system like this in a game, is distinguishing players who you haven't actually played with/against. It's great for your own players, but when it comes to signing a FA, there would be too much unknown for my taste.
This is where you would ideally look at a players stats, including stat trends, age, injury history, scouting reports by your own front office (again the better front offices yield a more accurate picture). This will allow for some misses as often happen in free agency. As it stands right now I can sign only free agents that I know will be good, assuming I can get them. No free agent risk exists in this game.

Last edited by crenk; 08-10-2014 at 12:57 PM. Reason: addition
Old 08-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #24
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
This is where you would ideally look at a players stats, including stat trends, age, injury history, scouting reports by your own front office (again the better front offices yield a more accurate picture). This will allow for some misses as often happen in free agency.
Scouting reports would be a good help. I'm all for less exact information when it comes to player ratings.

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »