Home

Real video of commentary guys instead of cartoon?

This is a discussion on Real video of commentary guys instead of cartoon? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Real video of commentary guys instead of cartoon?

I think having real world video or pics in the virtual world diminishes immersion, so I would not want to see something like this in Madden. I much rather have in-game asset used to mimic real life presentation, like how NBA2k has done in the past.

Aside from the disruption of immersion, real life elements also lack the versatility and reuse potential of in-game assets, like with the new NFL Films clips for QB run outs in M15. If those used in-game assets instead of real life video, they could be done in a way to be much more dynamic and universal, so they could be used for all 32 QBs, every year of a CFM, no matter the personnel changes.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #10
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I think having real world video or pics in the virtual world diminishes immersion, so I would not want to see something like this in Madden. I much rather have in-game asset used to mimic real life presentation, like how NBA2k has done in the past.

Aside from the disruption of immersion, real life elements also lack the versatility and reuse potential of in-game assets, like with the new NFL Films clips for QB run outs in M15. If those used in-game assets instead of real life video, they could be done in a way to be much more dynamic and universal, so they could be used for all 32 QBs, every year of a CFM, no matter the personnel changes.
I think it all depends on how it is done. For the NHL games it looks like the immersion will be amazing especially the way transition from real life to gameplay to real life back to gameplay and it's all done in a way that looks like one solid broadcast. For Madden those QB intro's will get very old very fast and since they are only for the current starting QB's it is a useless feature for new rookies, current backups etc. In that scenario if they has used in game footage instead it would add to it.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #11
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree with Big. Even though it looks great it can never be dynamic during a franchise game. They could have various generic openings and then cut to digital scenes or highlights while talking about players, the season, etc. that's the only way it could work in CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #12

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Not interested in it at all. Many of the reasons big mentioned but mainly because it allows for zero creativity and diversion.

With the animated figures they can switch up lines and we at least have a HOPE for unique openings. Just not possible to plan for all the variables when you're stuck with the videos you've recorded.

I really think that as good as it looks I will be skipping it frequently this year in NHL and trust me I don't want to.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #13
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

noooooo!!!! I personally cant stand when they mix real life people with animated backgrounds, models in sports video games. I cant even stand the game intros in madden 25. In the year 2018 and still showed brady, wilfork, in the game intro when I doubt they'll even be around in 2018.

when they mix real life video into the game it takes away the whole illusion of putting the gamer into a fantasy "NFL sunday experience". If my guy is animated on the field, I want him animated during pregame shows, weekly shows, postgame shows, etc. Do not mix and match!! its just a reminder that your only playing a video game. I don't want to be reminded im playing a video game, I want the animations to create the sunday nfl experience and make me feel like every aspect of the game blends together and its as real to life as possible through the animations.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #14
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
noooooo!!!! I personally cant stand when they mix real life people with animated backgrounds, models in sports video games. I cant even stand the game intros in madden 25. In the year 2018 and still showed brady, wilfork, in the game intro when I doubt they'll even be around in 2018.

when they mix real life video into the game it takes away the whole illusion of putting the gamer into a fantasy "NFL sunday experience". If my guy is animated on the field, I want him animated during pregame shows, weekly shows, postgame shows, etc. Do not mix and match!! its just a reminder that your only playing a video game. I don't want to be reminded im playing a video game, I want the animations to create the sunday nfl experience and make me feel like every aspect of the game blends together and its as real to life as possible through the animations.
I feel the exact opposite. When I am only seeing animations it reminds me that I am playing just a video game but when I see the actual commentators it makes me feel like I am watching and playing a live broadcast. Guess we all have different immersion levels.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:37 PM   #15
MVP

Toupal's Arena

That would be legit. Additionally, I would like it if they had more than just Phill Simms and Jim Nantz. I want to see more announcers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #16
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Real videoof commentary guys instead of cartoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Damn, that's brilliant. That would be awesome. Although I feel like they're able to do this given the NBC license they have. Tiburon doesn't use the licenses they have, so I feel like Madden will NEVER have this.

Actually disagree with the license aspect, Unless you can get CBS and fox on board, just stick with the EA brand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »