Home

EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #641
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Anyone with common sense knows that EA purposefully misled consumers. They promoted their program by advertising "you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time." They knew most people would think the "limited time" meant the "five days before release date." They chose not to disclose that there was an additional restrictions within that limited time (the six hour limit), knowing that it would hurt sales for this program. The old bait and switch.

Bingo. Couldnt agree more. Bait and switch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #642
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
"f you’re an EA Access member, you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time. Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all included, with more to come. If you love it, buy it, and you can pick up right where you left off."

You can spin it every way you like and say "well they didnt say how much", still they said for a limited time. Those that thought it would be unlimited was only based on wishful thinking at comparing to ticket which is a different service. Those that think that "a limited time" is referring to the five days, no, they are two separate things and it clearly reads that way.

Putting a 6 hour limit, tell me, how is that false advertising? It is clearly stated that early release trials would be limited time and that was a general statement which spans across the catalog of games.

People can complain that it shouldn't be unlimited since it is a sports game, but that is a different argument. To say it is false advertising is inaccurate.

Those that didn't read the details and opted in, it is their fault so yes, it is the consumers fault in this case because if they actually spent the time reading and not assuming, they would of waited until an announcement. There is no way EA would not announce the limit prior to release, they would have to, now people cry about how it is too late? Too late for what? the game doesnt release until next week. Read the details, make decisions based on the details and move on. Not assume, opt in and get mad because EA didnt give you what you want.

I personally think the limit is stupid, but I read the details that it was a possiblity, I opted in with the expectation that i would cancel after a month which i think a lot of people will do which is probably why it is a limited trial
You're reading it that way in hindsight. Limited time could have easily been assumed for the limited amount of days you have to play the game. Just like Season Ticket on Last Gen. Where was everyone to correct the record before SteveOS posted about it? If you're okay with playing it for 6 hours then great. I know I wouldn't, but that's just me and what seemingly seems like the majority on this thread.

The language wasn't clear and EA Sports should have made it clear.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #643
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
It's normally assumed that when something says a "limited time" and in the same sentence says "5 days," the limited time usually means 5 days. Not hours within those days....extremely misleading
So EA was referring to the five days with the limited time wording and then also include dragon age? How come many people understood that dragon age would have a limited trial and dont understand now that Madden wont? Because it makes sense to put a limit on an RPG and doesnt make sense for sports game in their options. Yet, they ignored that this was a blanket statement and covered the games listed and limited meant a limited time during the five day span.

Perhaps people shouldn't assume so much and wait for the details.

"f you’re an EA Access member, you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time. Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all included, with more to come.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:15 PM   #644
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Thank the good Lord that I didn't purchase this! This is another huge disappointment IMO..
Old 08-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #645
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
You're reading it that way in hindsight. Limited time could have easily been assumed for the limited amount of days you have to play the game. Just like Season Ticket on Last Gen. Where was everyone to correct the record before SteveOS posted about it? If you're okay with playing it for 6 hours then great. I know I wouldn't, but that's just me and what seemingly seems like the majority on this thread.

The language wasn't clear and EA Sports should have made it clear.
It wasn't in hindsight, my expectation was that it would be unlimited for sports game like everyone else, but i also read it the details knowing that EA could easily throw in a cap which they did. If they can put a cap on an RPG, then they can on sports game, that is how it is read as they list all the games that way. It doesn't impact me regardless, while it impact many others. Still, people should of waited until all details were clarified instead of assuming which is really what this whole thread is all about.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #646
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

Still don't get the assuming part...

Download 5 days early
Play for a limited time
Then it's listed at a minimum of 2 hours.

You can download the game 5 days before launch. Check
You can play for a limited time. Check
A minimum of 2 hours. Check.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #647
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
Still don't get the assuming part...

Download 5 days early
Play for a limited time
Then it's listed at a minimum of 2 hours.

You can download the game 5 days before launch. Check
You can play for a limited time. Check
A minimum of 2 hours. Check.
Where were any of you to clarify this before Steve OS posted this thread? All of a sudden it was obvious? Really?

Like I said before, enjoy your EA Access. I'm going to enjoy my 72 hours of Season Ticket.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #648
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
So EA was referring to the five days with the limited time wording and then also include dragon age? How come many people understood that dragon age would have a limited trial and dont understand now that Madden wont? Because it makes sense to put a limit on an RPG and doesnt make sense for sports game in their options. Yet, they ignored that this was a blanket statement and covered the games listed and limited meant a limited time during the five day span.

Perhaps people shouldn't assume so much and wait for the details.

"f you’re an EA Access member, you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time. Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all included, with more to come.
well, then why didn't they put 6 hours instead of "5 days limited time"..That's right, to mislead the consumer because not many here would purchase it otherwise. It's pretty obvious, and I hope you're getting paid to defend their shady practices
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »