Home

any answers for the cpu's robo qb?

This is a discussion on any answers for the cpu's robo qb? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: any answers for the cpu's robo qb?

I respect the fact you enjoy a challenge. I am just looking for somewhat realistic stats.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #18
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Yes, the secret to toning down the cpu pass game is to focus not on qb accuracy but wr catching. I put wr catching at 25 (and int at 25 as well to compensate) and actuallu had a qb pass for less than 50% on all-pro. I was the pats and i beat the bengals 27-13 (10-10 at halftime) with daulton going something like 19 for 32. He still threw for over 200 yards and had 1 pick. He got injured for a few plays and his back up threw 1 td so if he wasn't out he'd have 1 td and 1 pick.

I read that qb accuracy affects if a qb will throw long bomb downfield so if you leave it at 50 they will still throw, and make, pretty accurate passes for long gains.

I figured that wr catching at 25 would be the answer because I noticed that wrs would catch pretty much any ball thrown near them no matter how close the defender is or how hard they are hit during the catch (almost as if the ball is made of velcro). When i put it at 25 i saw a good amount of dropped catches from the bengals mediocre wrs while they were getting hit or when the pass wasnt perfectly accurate. Aj Green on the other hand had a few good catches that only an elite wr would make.
I'm going to have to try this. I was playing with QB Accuracy on 10 and WR Catching on 35 and got fairly realistic results (Browns vs. Lions, won the game 19-16 after being down 7-6 at halftime, this with 15 minute quarters btw). But I did notice the CPU was dinking and dunking quite a bit and not throwing downfield too much. Did you keep QB acc at 50? Or did you tone that down as well?
Old 09-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #19
MVP

I'm curious whether you guys had the same problem with Madden 25. The reason I ask is I don't have Madden 15 yet but I did well enough in Madden 25 to win the super bowl in coach mode with Jacksonville. I used a variety of defensive sets to try to keep the cpu off balance. I didn't see a problem with cpu completing an inordinate number of passes.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #20
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

QB ACC helps but the honest truth is that if you lower the Qb acc you will start seeing more short passing from the CPU. and the % will still be not where we want it. And long passing will be lost.

Hopefully EA patch this so QB miss a but more (user and CPU) and WR don`t get glu in their hands.

For now i`m leaving on Default, since i don`t want the CPU to stop going deep on me. Specially since they fixed the sim stats.

Passing yds are more important than Passing % to me right now.

1.-QB needs to be more inaccurate (user and CPU
2.-WR shoulnd`t have to catch everything, specially when they get hit as soon as they recieved the pass
3.-Sacks. For the love of god, they need to tune down the sacks. No more 8 sacks in a game please. CPU QB need to throw the ball away or scramble or try to do something. don`t take the sack!!

Those 3 things and this game is PERFECT.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:09 PM   #21
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5

so I have CPU QB accuracy at 10 but they're still destroying me on All Madden.
Also I'm playing 15 min quarters with 25 sec run off but QBs are still throwing for
over 200+ a game. Every game is a shootout. Just loss to the Cowboys 41-37
but last night beat the Lions 51-47.

So my question is what should I put CPU WR catching at to nerf the absurd numbers.
It's destroying the realism.

Also should I change the quarter length and acc clock, I feel like games are taking me forever to complete lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #22
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyboy180
so I have CPU QB accuracy at 10 but they're still destroying me on All Madden.
Also I'm playing 15 min quarters with 25 sec run off but QBs are still throwing for
over 200+ a game. Every game is a shootout. Just loss to the Cowboys 41-37
but last night beat the Lions 51-47.

So my question is what should I put CPU WR catching at to nerf the absurd numbers.
It's destroying the realism.

Also should I change the quarter length and acc clock, I feel like games are taking me forever to complete lol.
I would turn wr catching down to at least 35 (or 25 and raise qb acc back up some). Also, at 15 minutes with 25 second accel clock you're probably running way too many plays per game. I'm at 15 minutes with a 16 second accel clock and I'm getting 120 plays on average which is right where it should be.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #23
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyboy180

I played 2 games with 25 wr catching and interceptions and both times the cpu qb threw for less than 50%. I think thats a little to low so I'm going to give 33 a shot. This was on allpro so maybe give 25 a shot at allmadden.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #24
Rookie

LakeshowNation's Arena

It's sounding like WR Catching is just as important if not more than QB Accuracy. I'm in the middle of a game VS the Bills and Manual is mainly handing off to the RB or throwing short passes. I thought maybe that's because that's how he plays?

I might have to raising the QB Accuracy and lowering the WR Catching to maybe 20 & 30 respectively? At the moment I have accuracy on 5 and catcing on 47 playing on All Pro. I haven't faced an elite QB yet and the CPU routinely picks me apart for at least 70%.

Some good points on here about raising the QB Accuracy and lowering the WR Catching to cause the CPU QB's to throw a lower % but still try down field passes...

What's everyone thinking?

QB Accuracy on 20
WR Cathing on 30
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »