Home

any answers for the cpu's robo qb?

This is a discussion on any answers for the cpu's robo qb? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 10:52 PM   #33
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: any answers for the cpu's robo qb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Just for fun I drop catching to 0. Expecting to wr drop everything and being unplayable. They didn't drop a pass.

These sliders are weird!
I'm playing on AM,with QB acc at 7 for the cpu and WRC @ 30....I see plenty of drops as well as errant throws.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-02-2014, 11:01 PM   #34
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

What are your sliders? Same for CPU and user?
Old 09-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #35
Pro

Giants2003's Arena

OVR: 5

I was seeing this on all pro default sliders ecept INT at 40 for both sides, until I dropped my PI slider from 99 to 73 and same for Off PI from 99 to 65, the the QB's completion % dropped to normal numbers. The game before I did this ROMO went 23 for 25 on me in a shootout 34-31

and after I made the change Cutler went 14 for 20 with 2 picks in a game I won 24-7

Maybe its a coincidence but seemed to play much better to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 12:06 AM   #36
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
These sliders are weird!
Exactly. A lot of times a bunch of slider changes are doing more bad than good especially with how they seem to make zero sense. CPU AI just isn't where it needs to be programming wise and you can't recreate that with sliders. People tune them to how they play particularly or however good they are at playing/calling plays and thats what makes the game most enjoyable for them. But no one is going to be able to increase the CPU AI beyond what's in the code which is what's really needed. Well unless you use edited rosters because the the real problem lies in the ratings.

I may play on default for a long time until the patches roll out for gameplay tweaks and even then I don't know if I ever want to start playing with sliders and spending half my Madden time in the menus again. I rather just find some other humans to play against that won't just take stupid sacks or whatever issue occurs.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #37
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
IG affects how likely the qb will throw the ball away to avoid a sack. The lower the slider to more likely he'll trow it away.
Personally I think the QB not throwing the ball away enough, in combination to an extent with WR catching being too high, is the biggest issue with completion %. I have been playing all-madden with intentional grounding up at about 60 with no idea that it impacted how likely it was for the QB to throw it away to avoid a sack. Basically it was resulting in every passing play that the QB had decent protection he would be given plenty of time to find and hit the right WR, which is realistic.

I was seeing about 75-80% accuracy with QB acc at 25 and WR catching at 49. So let's say over the course of a game I got 6 sacks (since QB wasn't getting rid of the rock) and 4 other occasions where the QB should have gotten rid of it (which isn't much in a 14 min qtr game). If the QB had gone 32-40 without getting rid of the ball and you toss in him getting rid of it in just half of the sacks and near sacks (5 of 10 for those of us counting), that drops to a 27-40 day. Still higher than averages over a season, but definitely a realistic performance.

I'm more of a basketball guy but it seems to me that it is far more often the case that a QB has a low completion % IRL from getting pressured and having to throw the ball away 5-10 times per game, and the WR not being able to come up with the catch, as opposed to just being terribly inaccurate and only being able to complete 50-60% of their passes purely due to inaccuracy.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #38
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Qb overthrows even when they don't have DL pressure IRL. Constantly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #39
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Qb overthrows even when they don't have DL pressure IRL. Constantly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Agreed. I just meant in my previous post that QB accuracy isn't the only thing that needs to be taken into account when you look at a QB's completion % at the end of a game or year. Plenty of drops, throw aways, etc. that drop the % in addition to misthrown balls.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:11 PM   #40
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26

I’ve been messing around with this since the launch and the use of some slider sets. All of what you guys state are true and trying to find a consistent number set is tricky. Thank god the rosters are not out and the CFM is messed up so it gives me time to test along with you guys. Here is what I’ve been doing and noticing. (CPU ACC 30+ in that range highly accurate) and I post that number, because most of the AP slider sets, have the QB 35 and up and with those numbers the QB is extremely accurate – the problem is most of those slider sets also have WR catching at 45+ some at 60.

So what I tried to do is experiment playing against good teams (NE, PITT, DAL) I’ll try Denver tonight. But

I was messing with numbers so with (QBA 40/WR35) – I was still getting the CPU at 80%.

With (QBA 35/WR30) – I was still getting the CPU at 75/77-80%.

With (QBA 15/20 - WR25) – I was getting decent results, but that is when I noticed a lot of wide open drops and a ton of catches, but when they are hit the ball coming out all the time.

So I’m trying to find a number that won’t diminish the skills of the WR yet find a way to keep the QB from being deadly accurate. Also as you guys stated once I dropped the QBA to 15 deep passes were nonexistent so I may hover around 20/25 for QBA and since WR at 30/35 is so tricky, because drop it too low and easy dump passes get dropped.

Now I will test those numbers tonight and hope they are good. So anything QB over 35 (not good IMO) – but WR cannot be under 30 or you will get major drops on AP. So after about 10 or so games let me give QB 20 and WR 30 a go and see how this turns out. Then I will try 20 and 35 and see which one plays better. I keep playing NE because they are classic case of good qb and ****ty WR so I don’t care about wins and losses by the 3rd quarter I can tell how the cpu is performing to the sliders. Hopefully the deep pass will be a part of the arsenal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CFB: Oregon Ducks '10

I HATE TO LOSE MORE THAN I LOVE TO WIN
--------------------------------------------------
Twitter: Rileyfcol
PSN: Doc_Hollladay
Instagram:7_wolfe
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »