Home

any answers for the cpu's robo qb?

This is a discussion on any answers for the cpu's robo qb? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 01:47 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
any answers for the cpu's robo qb?

I have tried several slider sets and cant seem to stop the cpu from passing at will. I am talking about around 90% completion rates from average qb's. Any help at all is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 01:50 AM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: any answers for the cpu's robo qb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking12344
I have tried several slider sets and cant seem to stop the cpu from passing at will. I am talking about around 90% completion rates from average qb's. Any help at all is appreciated.
Tune CPU QB Accuracy to about 1. That gets their completion percentage down to 65-80%, which is hella better than 90-100%.

You could also decrease their WR slider.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:51 AM   #3
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

I know you said you tried the sliders forum already, Armor & Sword has a good base set, which you can end up tweaking yourself a bit to play how you like it.

With that said, CPU QB accuracy at 10 (from A&S's slider set) seems to help stop the lower-tiered QBs from being the "robo" QB you mention. You'll see errant passes from them still, and the better QBs will still do okay, without as many errant passes as the lower tier of QBs. It's a good balance.

I know what you mean about that robo QB too, especially against QBs who shouldn't be putting up great numbers against an okay secondary.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-01-2014 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:52 AM   #4
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

I still prefer robo qb over not being able to get a cpu passing game going.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:58 AM   #5
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
I still prefer robo qb over not being able to get a cpu passing game going.

To each their own, but I don't like seeing someone like Chad Henne on the Jags throwing a high 70+% completion for a game. There is a balance you can find with sliders though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 05:42 AM   #6
Rookie

LakeshowNation's Arena

I 100% agree with you viking. So far this is the only gripe I have with the game. One example. I was the Jets hosting the Raiders and Schaub was at one stage 24/27. Another example. I'm the Bears hosting the Bills and Emanuel starts the game going 5/5. I'm using Charter04's sliders with some tweaks so my CPU QB's accuracy is set to 5!! I would have thought that would be enough!! They just seem to ALWAYS make the perfect audible/read.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:21 AM   #7
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

If you can stomach playing on 'Pro' the QB's play much more human-like; even with the sliders at default.

I couldn't take 'Pro' because the CPU doesn't seem to try as hard -- if that makes any sense...so I'm back on 'All Madden' and I'm getting decent results with QB Accuracy at 1 and WR Catching at 40.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 09-01-2014 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:32 AM   #8
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

While the QB accuracy does need to be toned down I believe a major part of the problem is the WRs' ability to catch the ball. Yeah, they added in more "slightly inaccurate" passes this year but it seems as though the receivers find a way to suction them in as long as they're within an arm's reach. I see receivers making one handed and behind the back catches repeatedly.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »