Home

Tons of Rookies with Dreads

This is a discussion on Tons of Rookies with Dreads within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #17
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tons of Rookies with Dreads

Quote:
Originally Posted by btvs
I have drafted a ton of players who have the picture of a black guy and on the field his player model is white... And vice versa. This has been an issue for YEARS. The EA art department can't figure out a fix or they simply don't care.

Its the small things, EA.
Are you serious? They screwed that up with this year's draft classes? I haven't tried CFM yet, so I don't know, but that would suck. I have to see that for myself, I think. lol

I don't remember seeing that in M25 draft classes.. sigh.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #18
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Can you not edit the hair style in the edit player in the off season?

I don't remember seeing it. But it might be there. I edited all my rookies to make sure skin color matched pic and their equipment. I don't remember if there was any other options though honestly. That was a few days ago.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #19
Banned

this is a hilarious issue lol. Legion of dreads lol. year 2 I bet my linemen will have dreads along with the punter lol
Old 09-03-2014, 08:09 AM   #20
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaSabiii
IMO, the rookie design in this game is terrible. You're not given enough points to really scout worth a crap and the rookies you draft look terrible. 80% of them have dreads like previously discussed (and you can't tell me 80% of black guys have dreads because that's false), they appear nothing like their photo, and they all look like they are wearing lineman pads. And you can't make the pads any smaller. Because NCAA Football did not make a game this year (or for the foreseeable future...) this is the first Madden I've played in 5 years so I don't know if this is a problem they've had for awhile now. I'm not going to say it's ruined franchise mode but it's the #1 problem by far for me. In a game that has pride itself on increased realism, they truly dropped the ball here.
I have more than enough scouting points to fill my draft board, you just need to spend your points wisely and buy the double points scouting upgrade for your coach. I have yet to have a draft class with anything close to 80% of the players having dreads. This years draft classes are better than anything they have had for the past 5 years.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #21
Banned

This post is funny as hell!!!! But I understand the way the way he feels…
Its the little things that really annoys me too.

Why can't EA get it right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #22
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00tym0uth
This post is funny as hell!!!! But I understand the way the way he feels…
Its the little things that really annoys me too.

Why can't EA get it right?
In no way defending EA but this is one of those things that a lot of people complained about in the past, not enough guys with dreads. From what I have seen among numerous draft classes (over 35) it isn't as bad as he makes it out to be and it really depends on the draft class. I have had some where the top 5 CB's all had them, I have had some where only 1 or 2 total CB's had them. Other positions are the same.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #23
Banned

that's not true, every draft class has too many dreads. I don't care if they fixed it, they put too many. not enough one year and too many this year why can't they ever get anything right
Old 09-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

Yeah just simmed to the draft and every black player I drafted had dreads. Went through three other teams rookies and they ALL had dreads.

Also, couldn't we edit equipment on players not on user controlled teams last year? Am I missing something? I would like to vary the helmets of the players at the very least. They all wear the same helmet. And some of the linemen wear some odd accessories.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »