Home

Tons of Rookies with Dreads

This is a discussion on Tons of Rookies with Dreads within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #25
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Tons of Rookies with Dreads

I guess the "no dreads, no peace" mantra from this forum from a few years back has reached its logical conclusion.

I'm pretty sure Madden ties dreads / no dreads to specific create-a-player heads, there is no specific hairstyle setting right now. And we can't edit incoming rookies in any way, so we are where we are.

Personally speaking, I don't really care about randomly generated players' hair styles. That said, I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to edit the generated rookies and I will continue to bang on that particular drum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

While the amount of prospects with dreads is a slight annoyance to me. The thing that really drives me crazy is drafting a player without any dreads in their picture and then while editing them or in my first game with said player seeing they have dreads. If the player has dreads in their picture and not in game then i can see that being ok. It's easy enough to pretend someone got a hair cut, but to grow shoulder length dreads in a few months seems pretty unlikely. It can't be that hard to pair certain pictures with those specific hair styles.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:51 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I guess the "no dreads, no peace" mantra from this forum from a few years back has reached its logical conclusion.

I'm pretty sure Madden ties dreads / no dreads to specific create-a-player heads, there is no specific hairstyle setting right now. And we can't edit incoming rookies in any way, so we are where we are.

Personally speaking, I don't really care about randomly generated players' hair styles. That said, I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to edit the generated rookies and I will continue to bang on that particular drum.
Completely agree with the last sentence. Time and time again they have proven to be unable to make draft classes that are up to the standards the community expects. Letting us smoothen out some of the rough edges in these draft classes needs to happen.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #28
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstro
Completely agree with the last sentence. Time and time again they have proven to be unable to make draft classes that are up to the standards the community expects. Letting us smoothen out some of the rough edges in these draft classes needs to happen.
Agreed. Letting us edit the generated rookies would solve the issue completely (assuming there is some sort of way to change hair style) along with any other potential complaints regarding draft classes.

If you're going to have rookies with dreads they need to add some pictures of guys with dreads as well. Don't need a ton of variation, just add 3-4 so we know who has dreads and who doesn't and it ties into their picture.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #29

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Where's odogg when you need him?
Old 09-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman_legend
this is a hilarious issue lol. Legion of dreads lol. year 2 I bet my linemen will have dreads along with the punter lol
Funny you say that, in one of my test CFM I actually drafted a black punter and he had dreads! Lmfao
But overall I am seeing way to many rookies with dreads in these draft classes. Needs to be toned down lot.

Last edited by JBoo2911; 09-03-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 1

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5967114

Here are some stats from 2 years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #32
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5967114

Here are some stats from 2 years ago.
In 3 simmed drafts today I have drafted 9 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 SS and 1 CB. Out of those guys only two did NOT have dreads. Thats 12/14 in favor of dreads. By the stats you posted it should be the opposite - 2/14, which would be about 15%. I could live with 15%, but 85% like I saw in those 3 sims? Come on now (and yes I realize 3 sims don't come close to representing the actualy percentage of rookies generated with dreads, but it is enough to make a point).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »