Home

Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time?

This is a discussion on Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #81
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
ok so anyone can go check these clips from my game I just played and got SMOKED by Pittsburgh and Big Ben. This is "play now" on XB1 w/ default all-pro sliders and all assists off. 70 fatigue and 50thresh w/ normal speed...I believe SLOW speed among other sliders are causing all the poor gameplay out of the AI QB...just MO

please check because Ben and every other QB I play really in play now emulates this style of gameplay ALMOST every game. Some games my coverage is better though as the Jets(me) were getting torched with apparent ease.

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/gameclips
I can`t see your clips.

But, i play all pro default, most on CFM and while QB always plays awesome, perfect like if all were P. Manning. They very very rarley go deep. Most of their passes are to the flats or dumps to the HB and TE. These of course lead to less yds and High comp %.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #82
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I can`t see your clips.

But, i play all pro default, most on CFM and while QB always plays awesome, perfect like if all were P. Manning. They very very rarley go deep. Most of their passes are to the flats or dumps to the HB and TE. These of course lead to less yds and High comp %.
What's your QB ACC at?

I started with mine at 5 and had the same problem as you. Then I bumped it up to 15 and they threw down field plenty. Of course, they were still super accurate, but the dinks and dumps weren't as frequent.

I'm beginning to thing that maybe the penalty sliders play a big role in other things like in years past. I just don't know what yet.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #83
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I can`t see your clips.

thanks for letting me know you cant see them I wonder why?..i guess ill have to upload to YT..see I rarely see the QB dump it off, its weird I am experiencing almost the opposite from people having issues. Mostly medium length passes but they definitely take shots every game
Old 09-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 0

So on All-pro I raised CPU pass blocking to 100 and it makes no difference. I also tried a very high number for Intentional Grounding and then a very low number. Still no difference.

Maybe I should try playing on All-Madden next with the appropriate sliders.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #85
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
My potentially quick solution that I've wanted for since M11 was to allow the user to assign custom playbooks to CPU coaches. I did this in M11 pre patch and it produced some of the best gameplay I've seen in the series. The patch came out and we were no longer able to do it.
This is one of the more frustrating things for me. I've played the Broncos a number of times and I just saw them run a screen for the first time the other day. What really sucks is that gameplans have taken a step forward as you can have, I believe, an unlimited amount of plays per situation but it is totally ignored. Instead, there's curl flats and slants out of four different formations in every situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #86
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

welp I just had my first game in play now that emulates what every one is saying had 7 sacks with jax vs philly. most of the sacks were on screen plays and I think foles finished with like 50 yards passing for the game never pushing the ball downfield. McCoy and sproles gashed me for over 200 yrds rushing though. I lost 23-0 first time I have been shutout. I was awful 5 picks AWFUL.

I would say 4-5 of my sacks were on screen plays gone bad. they were calling WAAAAYYYY to many screens. maybe its a philly playbook thing.. im gonna give them a different playbook next time I play them.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw333
CPU definitely plays different in CFM than in Play Now. I play on All-pro default sliders with only speed threshold at 0, and in Play Now the CPU gives me a run for my money. CPU QBs are laser accurate and play decent. In CFM, I'm finding that I can trounce the CPU every game for some reason. CPU QB play is horrible, they just sit there and take sacks or throw check downs, giving them ridiculously high accuracy stats (like 18/19 or 19/21), they struggle to break 100 yards passing. I had a series where I sacked Bortles 3 straight times with Trent Cole for a 3 and out...bizarre.
Wow, ive only been playing Play Now when playing against the CPU and I thought the Qb play was bad, beat the Pats today in Play Now, sacked Brady 6 times with the Bills mostly because he was just a sitting duck in the pocket.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #88
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I played two games today. The first, against Chicago, I got 12 sacks. Easily my high water mark. I had one guy with 4 and another with 3, and the second player was entirely computer controlled.

However, in my second game, against Jacksonville of all teams, I got zero sacks. I played the same defense, and shut down the Jags running game completely, so my thought is that the style of offense vs the style of defense likely plays a large roll in the huge sack totals some are seeing. The Bears called 3 or 4 WR sets almost the entire time, while the Jags called 2 WR sets mostly.

Of course, despite the huge variance in my pass rush, I only scored one TD and beat the Bears 13-6, while I beat Jacksonville 48-17 because their defense is a joke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »